Old School Showoff Thread - Page 26 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009   #626
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Rep Power: 170 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to WRX/Z28

Default Re: Old School Showoff Thread

Precision Power Art's are probably my fav's.

My dog hates when I pull out all the PPI's. She's got nowhere to go! lol

WRX/Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2009   #627
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 Robb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura aboutRobb has a spectacular aura about

Someone contact CNN and get this thread on the news !!
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009   #628
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 tomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRX/Z28 View Post
I have a YPA-600 that's in pretty good shape.

[/IMG]
Had a few of them around here. But this is what I would like 1 more of. The YPA-400. Just need 1 more of them, and a few of the YPA-800's. They sell for cheap, but super clean amp for highs. One of the best I have heard. The YPA-800 is twice the size. Both are 4 channel. Had one here, but I haven't seen it in years. Don't know what happened to it. Anyone have one ?

-classic car audio collector-
-former audio repair tech-
tomtomjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009   #629
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
S&S Customs
Position:
head broom pusher

Rep Power: 135 SSCustoms will become famous soon enoughSSCustoms will become famous soon enoughSSCustoms will become famous soon enoughSSCustoms will become famous soon enoughSSCustoms will become famous soon enoughSSCustoms will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomjr View Post
I never knew Fultron and Memphis had anything to do with each other. Learn something new every day.
The parent company to Memphis (and Fulmer Helmets) is The Arthur Fulmer Company. It was founded in 1919, and originally made seat covers for cars. Fultron was short for FULmer elecTRONics.
SSCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009   #630
Upgrade Your Membership!

Tuning is everything.

12V Company:
Imagine Audio
Position:
Resident Audio Geek

Rep Power: 170 WRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enoughWRX/Z28 will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to WRX/Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSCustoms View Post
The parent company to Memphis (and Fulmer Helmets) is The Arthur Fulmer Company. It was founded in 1919, and originally made seat covers for cars. Fultron was short for FULmer elecTRONics.
It always reminded me of:

WRX/Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009   #631
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 Maddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enough

Wow, I believe that man really likes PPI art series amplifiers!!!
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009   #632
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 mr1spd will become famous soon enoughmr1spd will become famous soon enoughmr1spd will become famous soon enoughmr1spd will become famous soon enoughmr1spd will become famous soon enoughmr1spd will become famous soon enough

Wow that old stuff is so cool it brings back so much......
mr1spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009   #633
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 166 PPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the roughPPI_GUY is a jewel in the rough

VERY cool PPI collection! As much as you are into the ART series stuff, I am into the older M/AM and Pro Mos, only on a small scale.
It's a shame that the PPI brand had to be watered down and turned into what it is today. There are still a few very loyal old school PPI standard bearers out there trying to keep what PPI once was still alive.

Absolutely State Of The Art!
PPI_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009   #634
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 Maddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enoughMaddman will become famous soon enough

MTX Thunder Series (2) 4160 and (1) 280. originally black, sand blasted (bare aluminum) emblems stripped and chrome plated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03725.JPG (24.2 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03727.JPG (27.4 KB, 41 views)
Old 02-24-2009   #635
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 Scooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enough

Iíve bought these MB Quart QM160.03KX new back in í94 or í95. They were mounted in custom kicks aimed in the center of the car and used ambient tweeters up in the dash. Had much fun with that set up while trying to compete. They still sound great.

People like picturesÖ..

These crossovers have been in use since í94 on every passive system Iíve owned. The sound to them is rich and full. They been used on Polk DB 5250ís, Polk Momo, JLís XRís and PG RSDís and a few others. Before I found DIY, I generally bought new comps once a year. Wish I could find the specs on them. The layout of the components within the crossover is very symmertical, which I like.

Notice the tweeter protection is removed, didnít take long for me to yank that out.

Iíll repost the Techniques amp, someone asked for a clearer picture.

Late!

2000 Dodge Intrepid
Daily Beater...
Scooter-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2009   #636
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 keep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enough

awesome thread. wow. i feel young. i was 16 in 1994. i didn't recognize half of that stuff. and here i thought "old school" was early 90's. awesome pictures, even though it took over an hour to go through this thread, it was worth it. some of you are ridiculous, but in a good way.

I think about some of the stuff i unloaded when i was young, never knowing how good it could be.

this stuff is as old as i have anymore, most of it has been installed in the last year. They Alpine 3672 was recently sold.

my first "big" system in 1996 (not that old)

keep_hope_alive is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009   #637
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

I loved those HU's, I always thought the japs were inspired by KITT's steering wheel (lol)!

I also adore these:

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009   #638
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

I loved those HU's, I always thought the japs were inspired by KITT's steering wheel (lol)!

I also adore these:

Nick
Now stripped out
Old 02-25-2009   #639
DIYMA 500 Club

I just realised I haven't posted some of my own stuff in this thread... Not so much old school as some others but here it goes:

Alto Mobile Falstaff 10 (BNIB)

Xtant 404m

Alto Mobile uCS PRO (again, BNIB)

along with a UI4

Clarion set (disregard the 9833R faceplate)

DLS UR12 (you guessed it, BNIB)

And then of course, my everlasting (hopefully) Aliante (12 LTD Si) in its current enclosure.

Nick
Now stripped out
Old 02-25-2009   #640
DIYMA 500 Club

...nothing to see here...

Nick
Now stripped out

Last edited by n_olympios; 02-25-2009 at 04:41 AM.. Reason: I was over-zealous with the Post Reply button...
Old 02-25-2009   #641
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 Scooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enoughScooter-Man will become famous soon enough

LOL @ The two double posts....

Tom, Proton is name I haven't heard in a LONG time. Wonder when someone is gonna post a pic of an Pyle amp.

Late!

2000 Dodge Intrepid
Daily Beater...
Scooter-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009   #642
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 dmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enoughdmazyn will become famous soon enough

Old School SS Rubicons in action.

From left to right we have a 202, 1002 and 702.

dmazyn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009   #643
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 keep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enoughkeep_hope_alive will become famous soon enough

these are going into my car soon. active off two Xtant 403a amps.

Old 02-25-2009   #644

Importer / Exporter

Original OZ's!! Killer speakers! I ran that exact three way setup for about 3 years with homemade passive x-overs.
imjustjason is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2009   #645
DIYMA 500 Club

Oz Audio! still a big fan of the stuff. Back in 93, owned Oz-100's,Oz-140's,Oz-200H's,Oz-250's. Currently, still own (1) Oz-200L. I would like to get my hands on a set of 3-way (1,4,6.5)
Old 02-26-2009   #646
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 rugrat will become famous soon enoughrugrat will become famous soon enoughrugrat will become famous soon enoughrugrat will become famous soon enoughrugrat will become famous soon enoughrugrat will become famous soon enough

ZAPCO Z400C4-SL

4channel competition amp.
(Including:MNG-frequency selective noise gate, MX1-quad variable crossover module).

BNIB (bought this and never installed)
[IMG][/IMG]

Chaim.

Last edited by rugrat; 02-26-2009 at 03:54 AM.. Reason: link to the amp
rugrat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009   #647
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 139 SUX 2BU will become famous soon enoughSUX 2BU will become famous soon enoughSUX 2BU will become famous soon enoughSUX 2BU will become famous soon enoughSUX 2BU will become famous soon enoughSUX 2BU will become famous soon enoughSUX 2BU will become famous soon enough

Beautiful Oz collection. I remember how cool the metallic purple paint was on the baskets of those speakers. Back in 93 I wanted to repaint my Mustang GT black with a bottom-up fade that was a matching purple to the Oz basket paint. Awesome color.
SUX 2BU is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009   #648
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 emrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enoughemrliquidlife will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter-Man View Post
Iíve bought these MB Quart QM160.03KX new back in í94 or í95. They were mounted in custom kicks aimed in the center of the car and used ambient tweeters up in the dash. Had much fun with that set up while trying to compete. They still sound great.

People like picturesÖ..

These crossovers have been in use since í94 on every passive system Iíve owned. The sound to them is rich and full. They been used on Polk DB 5250ís, Polk Momo, JLís XRís and PG RSDís and a few others. Before I found DIY, I generally bought new comps once a year. Wish I could find the specs on them. The layout of the components within the crossover is very symmertical, which I like.

Notice the tweeter protection is removed, didnít take long for me to yank that out.

Iíll repost the Techniques amp, someone asked for a clearer picture.

Late!
I have that exact speaker. My serial # is in the 5s though. So what does pulling out the tweeter protection do?

I think I paid about $300 for my speakers.

Ed
emrliquidlife is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009   #649
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 170 cubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enoughcubdenno will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to cubdenno

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugrat View Post
ZAPCO Z400C4-SL

4channel competition amp.
(Including:MNG-frequency selective noise gate, MX1-quad variable crossover module).

BNIB (bought this and never installed)
[IMG][/IMG]

Chaim.
Had that amp stolen out of my car in 1997. I cried.

It is very easy to conflate cause and effect that are unrelated in audio design. In fact, the entire audiophile industry is based upon this ease of fallacy.

"Heck yeah you can spend more to get the same sound."
cubdenno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2009   #650
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUX 2BU View Post
Beautiful Oz collection. I remember how cool the metallic purple paint was on the baskets of those speakers. Back in 93 I wanted to repaint my Mustang GT black with a bottom-up fade that was a matching purple to the Oz basket paint. Awesome color.
They had purple and charcoal baskets corresponding to high Q and low Q, respectively. I wanted the low Q since my installation will have less airspace, hence the charcoal basket versions. If I wanted the 6's in the doors i would have needed purple baskets. Instead I want them in the kicks or floor, or i'll rebuild the door panel to elminate the pocket and have a sealed enclosure. not sure yet.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement