Old School Showoff Thread - Page 8 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008   #176
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 lust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtomjr View Post
What are you looking for?

Anyone have any 70's or early 80's goodies?
Let's see. I need killer SQ midbass drivers, midrange, tweets, for a 3 way front stage, SQL subs like 4) 12's or 15's, killer SQ HU, processor with delay, maybe a serious EQ.

I have some amps working, some not.

Working
2) A 404.2's, 1 mint, 1 good
2) A600.2's, 1 like new in box, other very nice
2) A300.2's both mint in box
1) 2025 AM Mint

Not working
2) 2150 AMs 1 black 1 white, both very nice. Power up, quickly go into protect mode, nothing visibly damaged inside, looks brand new in there, easy fix
1) A600.2 in decent condition, graphics are good, sides of amp a bit scuffed, 1 channel distorted, other perfect, easy fix

1) Promos 450, good condition, prolly needs for 2 of the channels complete output section mosfets replaced. Was working when I got it, then I boobooed

I also have 2 very nice couplers for the Art series in white, 1 refinished, 1 original white, both in very nice condition.

1) mint par-225 white
1) mint dash mount frx-322? I think thats the model, have to look at it, haven't seen it in a while, white.

Taking cash offers, OR Equal value trades on electronics, better value trades for drivers and subs if they are used. All on the above mentioned.

How do I post pics in here? Haven't figured it out (haven't tried actually)
lust4sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008   #177
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 lust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enoughlust4sound will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Old School Showoff Thread

What is a mint Alpine CDE-7859 worth? I have one with the trim ring, the mounting sleeve and the case for the faceplate. Not a scratch on anything.

Also, there are Pawn shops down here that have tons of OS amps and gear for cheap. I pass on so many things that I later see posted somewhere as good quality pieces. ADS, Autotek, Aura, Cadence, Nakamichi, you name it.

I was wondering if someone that has vast knowledge of OS gear would be willing to put up with phone calls from me on one of my Pawn shop outings. I promise to make it worth you while. Anyone in here willing to take a chance?

If you will allow me to confer with you during my Pawn shop browsing, I'll gladly purchase something for you and ship it out, if you help me to identify goodies. Your price is whatever I pay if I find something you like. No mark up, I promise. I'm an honest dude, Colin can attest to that.

Sounds crazy, but there is a treasure trove of goodies down here that I am not qualified to identify. The awesome thing is, if it's not JL or something new, it sits and collects dust, they are happy to get rid of it for pennies on the dollar.

PM me if interested.

Last edited by lust4sound; 09-29-2008 at 09:24 PM..
Old 09-29-2008   #178
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 140 tomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4sound View Post
Let's see. I need killer SQ midbass drivers, midrange, tweets, for a 3 way front stage, SQL subs like 4) 12's or 15's, killer SQ HU, processor with delay, maybe a serious EQ.
I think my stuff will be too old for you. Mostly I have 80's. Some 90's but not very much.

On the pawnshop idea, I think it would work, but you would need someone who knows the mid to late 90's gear. I know the 80's and very early 90's. Don't think my input would help much.

ON the Mindblowers, this is the closest I can get to them. 1970's for sure. Rainbow box for the amp, and purple speakers. See pic.

-classic car audio collector-
-former audio repair tech-
tomtomjr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008   #179
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 1greek4u will become famous soon enough1greek4u will become famous soon enough1greek4u will become famous soon enough1greek4u will become famous soon enough1greek4u will become famous soon enough1greek4u will become famous soon enough

1greek4u is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2008   #180
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 146 Catman is on a distinguished roadCatman is on a distinguished roadCatman is on a distinguished roadCatman is on a distinguished roadCatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Sounds crazy, but there is a treasure trove of goodies down here that I am not qualified to identify. The awesome thing is, if it's not JL or something new, it sits and collects dust, they are happy to get rid of it for pennies on the dollar.

PM me if interested.
It used to be like that around here ...for example. Years ago I bought a Hassleblad camera with lens for $150 ...and the same pawn shop had a Canon 35mm for $250. You could buy very high end cameras / electronics cheaper than you could mid range crap.

>^..^<

If money is the root of all evil, why do churches beg for it?
Give me liberty ...or I'll get up and get it myself.
An armed man is a citizen ...an unarmed man is a subject.

Catman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2008   #181
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 baggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappa546 View Post
You mean these? Two of a kind and they're sitting in my closet lol.
I remember those from ebay I think? yes?

Zapco Studio amps, DLS, Hertz, FI
baggedbirds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #182
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 140 tomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enoughtomtomjr will become famous soon enough

Here is the Rockford Fosgate wall that I built. I know a few of you have seen pics of it. I am now dismantling it ,and selling off most of it to pay for the Honda audio car I am building. Will miss it...

Old 09-30-2008   #183
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 150 MantaOwner will become famous soon enoughMantaOwner will become famous soon enoughMantaOwner will become famous soon enoughMantaOwner will become famous soon enoughMantaOwner will become famous soon enoughMantaOwner will become famous soon enough

I have a Clarion DRX-9575Rz cd-player that was made in '97 or '98:

T§nu

Driven by goa
MantaOwner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #184
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 196 kappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by baggedbirds View Post
I remember those from ebay I think? yes?
yep. SteveLPfreak from here was the seller.

Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism
kappa546 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #185
DIYMA 500 Club

Human (not a robot)

Rep Power: 163 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

Quote:
Here you go. Is this the one you are looking for?

On the collection, I have "quantity", but there are many more "quality"
collections out there that out do mine by far. Quality-vs-Quantity. My
collecting philosophy is: If I like it, I get it. But that has gotten out of
hand, so I am starting to sell some of it off.

Holy Crap this was my first CD player for the Blazer EVER! It was great but the tuner finally went bad and it would emit a high pitched screech if I turned it to AM/FM. I sold it to a buddy for $25 so he could have a CD player in his truck (knowing he wouldn't have a radio) The 5176 and the Clarion 73EQ were the $hit or at least I thought I was the $hit! After the Clarion I upgraded to an Alpine with remote that I sold with the Blazer back in '02.
Notloudenuf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #186
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 151 placenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enoughplacenta will become famous soon enough

Quote:
What is that red and aluminum sony amp worth? I have access to a 4 channel like that, maybe it's a 5, not sure. It's in a pawn shop for $150, I can scoop it for about $120. Is that a steal?
i had one. very good clarity. footprint very big for the power it puts out. most of them have a switchable voltage/amps switch depending on the ohms you want to run. I found that amp fantastic for jazz and horn sections. Mine was 75Wrms x 4. Dual separate power supplies. I paid over $700 back when it was in stores.

2012 Jeep Wrangler
2011 VW GTI
2009 Nissan Xterra
placenta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #187
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Axxis Audio Pagosa Springs
Position:
Manager/Custom Installer

Rep Power: 243 tr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond repute

Dude you are sick!!
I cant beleave your selling "The Wall"
how much for the Power 650? (Bottom Left 2nd in)
I have a customer that runs them in his Chevy 1500

Quote:
Here is the Rockford Fosgate wall that I built. I know a few of you have seen pics of it. I am now dismantling it ,and selling off most of it to pay for the Honda audio car I am building. Will miss it...

Check us out on Facebook
www.axxisdurango.com
www.Hybrid-audio.com
Top 100 Installer 2010
tr0y_audi0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #188
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0y_audi0 View Post
Dude you are sick!!
I cant beleave your selling "The Wall"
how much for the Power 650? (Bottom Left 2nd in)
I have a customer that runs them in his Chevy 1500
All I have left is a 650 that is in serious need of repair. It is on Ebay. Pretty rough but fixable. Do have a Power 1000 left if you need it.

Old 09-30-2008   #189
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 starboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished roadstarboy869 is on a distinguished road

time to dig my stuff out of the closet

Chris
system for sale.
starboy869 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #190
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 156 Kpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to beholdKpg2713 is a splendid one to behold

Send a message via AIM to Kpg2713

I have this and an audio art 260.60xe.

Kpg2713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #191
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 261 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Quote:
Here you go. Is this the one you are looking for?

On the collection, I have "quantity", but there are many more "quality"
collections out there that out do mine by far. Quality-vs-Quantity. My
collecting philosophy is: If I like it, I get it. But that has gotten out of
hand, so I am starting to sell some of it off.

I had the 6770 (the ProAudio version of that HU) in my first real system. I wanted the 7770 but I didn't need the digital out. It went to a Punch 40dsm, a
Granite 60.2, many different front speakers and 3 10W6s.

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2008   #192
DIYMA 500 Club

I just found an old Sherwood SCP-1002BP, Carver M-240, SOAT SA-2100,
Ultra linear UL1700. Some old Coustic stuff as well. All in one Pawnshop I just happened upon.

I know a lot of this stuff isn't SQ, but would make for a good knock around system in my work truck.

CHEAP!! Keyword here.

Tomorrow night I will come back with a large list of goodies from several local spots.

I hope I can get as much feedback as possible on the stuff.

Off topic now..

Anyone know of Pioneer 6.5's that are offered as OEM on certain cars? I think it was an Infiniti. I grabbed a pair of 6.5's for $10 (with guarantee) from a junk yard, I think they came out of an Infiniti, (may have been a Saab or Volvo) pretty sure they are OEM. Look almost like the TS that I used to own which sounded decent.

Found a pair of Phillips 4" in a Volvo, huge powerful magnets, left them there.

Are there any quality OEM drivers that I should look for in the Salvage yard? This one place lets you pull any part yourself. They charge $3.00 a speaker. I found a lot of Bose, but I passed on those.

There are a few High end imports there, Saab, Lexus, Volvo, Infinity, VW, Mostly 90's, BMW 's (much older)

For a knock around system that sounds good.
Old 09-30-2008   #193
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
I just found an old Sherwood SCP-1002BP, Carver M-240, SOAT SA-2100,
Ultra linear UL1700. Some old Coustic stuff as well. All in one Pawnshop I just happened upon.

I know a lot of this stuff isn't SQ, but would make for a good knock around system in my work truck.

CHEAP!! Keyword here.

Tomorrow night I will come back with a large list of goodies from several local spots.

I hope I can get as much feedback as possible on the stuff.

Off topic now..

Anyone know of Pioneer 6.5's that are offered as OEM on certain cars? I think it was an Infiniti. I grabbed a pair of 6.5's for $10 (with guarantee) from a junk yard, I think they came out of an Infiniti, (may have been a Saab or Volvo) pretty sure they are OEM. Look almost like the TS that I used to own which sounded decent.

Found a pair of Phillips 4" in a Volvo, huge powerful magnets, left them there.

Are there any quality OEM drivers that I should look for in the Salvage yard? This one place lets you pull any part yourself. They charge $3.00 a speaker. I found a lot of Bose, but I passed on those.

There are a few High end imports there, Saab, Lexus, Volvo, Infinity, VW, Mostly 90's, BMW 's (much older)

For a knock around system that sounds good.
To make $ buying up speakers, buy the Bose. Then buy refoam kits and redo them. I haven't checked in awhile, but refoamed Bose speakers (the 4") were bringing about $20 each a few years ago. People would get them from cars and put them in their 901 home speakers. Unsure of what the market is for them now. Do some research on them.

Old 09-30-2008   #194
DIYMA 500 Club

Ok, I did some digging in my shop today. There are a lot of pics of some real neat old school stuff. If you are in your 40's, you might remember some of these. If you are 50+, you might remember even more. Some of this is OLD!!!
Enjoy the pics...

1989 IASCA FINALS MAGAZINE---RULES/INFO/ADS/ECT -

LINEAR POWER BROCHURE (even shows the LP subs)

EARLY 80's SONY YELLOW BOX (one of my favorite collectibles) This is about half of them, lots of duplicates. Always looking for more...

SOME SONY'S OUT OF THE BOX. (notice the CDX-R88's, and XR-25 thru XR-100

ALWAYS LOOKING FOR MORE OF THESE (Sony A-10 and RMX-2's)

NEW OLD STOCK FROM THE 60's (maybe 50's) Early echo sound

FOUND 3 OF THESE, 2 are still new in the boxes (unpictured). Alphasonic BI-AMP rack. Looking for a TRI-AMP RACK

EARLY TO MID 80's PIONEER. I want some new in the box. Anyone have any?

Old 09-30-2008   #195
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 140 silverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enoughsilverdiesel2574 will become famous soon enough

ANYONE HAVE A LINEAR POWER 4753IQ THEY WANT TO SELL?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
silverdiesel2574 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008   #196
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 baggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enoughbaggedbirds will become famous soon enough

my favorite piece Linear Power PA2R I picked it up used back in '94 This is the unit I had modded at TIPS and i use in my T-Bird. I have another PA2R NIB virgin unit in my closet

and my not so old school but still middle aged amps

Old 10-01-2008   #197
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 196 kappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enoughkappa546 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
LINEAR POWER BROCHURE (even shows the LP subs)

OMG i will suck your .... I mean... can i have that?

Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism
kappa546 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2008   #198
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
To make $ buying up speakers, buy the Bose. Then buy refoam kits and redo them. I haven't checked in awhile, but refoamed Bose speakers (the 4") were bringing about $20 each a few years ago. People would get them from cars and put them in their 901 home speakers. Unsure of what the market is for them now. Do some research on them.
Thanks, may go there tomorrow. There are tons of Bose.

I just scored a mint pair of IDQ8"s for $40!!

Soundstream Reference 700SX for $80!! Mint..

PPI PC2400 MINT $100

PPI PC4400? $100 I forget the model number, matches the 4200 but a 4 channel MINT!!

Alpine MRP-M500

Autotek MM8000.5 MINT (Mean machine, 5 channel, US made I believe)

PPI 2030M MINT

JVC KD-LH500 MINT

Pioneer DEH-P5000UB BNIB

Aura MR675H

Clif Designs CDQ3X

Clif Designs CD2.2LX

Kicker ZRX ZR120

Kicker KX 200.2 Older black one, before they went to sh*t.

3 Kicker Impulse, 2) small 2 channel, 2) 4 Channel, CHEAP

Diamond D5 800.1

Sony's XM7547, XM1002HXXM-552HX

SOAT SA-2100

Carver M-240

Power Bass QD12's. Any good? 3 in a box for $120.

An Old School Orion Extreme, all black 2 channel monster sub amp, didn't get the model number, 1 channel blown $60

A bunch of Powerbass amps as well. Flea market? Any good if purchased cheap?

A buttload of Fosgate, are the solid black, smooth, no fin, rectangle shaped ones Old School? Found a few of those, plus these,
Punch 125.2,
Punch 160.4,
[email protected],
All mint with end caps,
2) [email protected]'s 1 mint 1 decent, no end caps.

$320+tax for all 5 Fosgates. Good deal? Would any of the 5 combined make for a decent SQ setup? I was thinking the 800 for subs, 2) 250a2's for midbass, 1 bridged to each side, then the others for midrange and tweets, maybe the 160.4 bridged for midrange then the 125.2 for tweets. This would afford tons of headroom for front stage as well as a nice sub section.

Ultra Linear, UL1700, and 2 other matching UL4475.

Coustic AMP215, AMP800Q, AMP321QB plus many others, the older versions, Grey with Yellow, or just Grey.

I don't know anything about the coustic and UL's, are they cheap Flea market brands? Tons of all those, cheap. I've heard them make seriously loud bass in some cars down here.

This is from only 3 Pawnshops that I had a chance to visit today. Feedback on any of this stuff would be appreciated.
Old 10-01-2008   #199
DIYMA 500 Club

found this with all my other old brochures

Old 10-01-2008   #200
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Thanks, may go there tomorrow. There are tons of Bose.
Carver M-240
Coustic AMP215, AMP800Q, AMP321QB plus many others, the older versions, Grey with Yellow, or just Grey.
Check on Ebay with the Bose, and see what the refoamed ones are
bringing before you go buying any.
Will do well with the M-240 Carver. Maybe $150-$250 on Ebay.
If you see a Coustic 150, 300, or 500 I would be interested.
They are black with white lettering and a round emblem in the
top of the heatsink.
The rest are newer that what I don't know much about. Find
the Orion model number. That one might be a deal too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement