Speaking strictly from a front-stage standpoint and from what I've gathered, it looks like Morel and Dynaudio are still themselves, but a/d/s, Diamond and Boston Acoustics have fallen off. What has happened with Oz, clif and any other lines? Who are Rainbow, CDT and DLS? Any other recommendations? What is the current stance on Image Dynamics and/or compression drivers?
For reference, here's what I have ready to go in. Please note that all Soundstream is prior to their move to Blue Ravine, CA so they could throw all the bad product they started making into the ravine itself when it came back from the customer.
- Soundstream Class A 10.0 amplifier to push (4) Soundstream SS-10R Velvet Hammers
- Soundstream Class A Picasso amplifiers (2) for front stage
- Alpine DigitalMax fiber-linked head-end
- -- 1310 Receiver/controller
- -- 5959s CD shuttle (quad Burr Browns)
- -- 3681 Time & Freq Processor
- -- 3362 EQ-XOver-Ambience Processor
I'm looking to match some components to this that will help me achieve an accurate, neutral-to-warm sound quality system that can still show balls on serious bass lines.
Any help would be appreciated!