jasonjordan584 - Out 320 no amp - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2017   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 sotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enough

Thumbs down jasonjordan584 - Out 320 no amp

So Basically, here's a summary of our emails between one another.

I have purchased amps from him in the past and they were great along with the transaction, so I figured this one wouldn't be any different.

Long story short, he mentions having a nakamichi pa-350 that has been modded, through conversation I end up asking to buy the amp. He agrees to sell, I pay, he sends my way. Fedex pulls up, hands me the box, I go inside and open it, fuse holder along with fuse are broken. Needs a new soldered fuse holder/fuse.

I let him know, let fedex know, he says fedex packaged the amp and shipped it for him. I call in to fedex and let them know what happened same day I got the amp. Directed me to claims online, submit information, but since I am not the shipper I cannot be the one they settle the claim with. I invite him to help me work through this for reimbursement due to damaged equipment. He says he will help but fedex gives him instructions that he either does not follow correctly or they did not communicate to him what was needed exactly.

After about 20 phone calls with fedex over the course of 3 months I have had enough and have given him many chances to fix it in both our favors. I am flexible with a replacement amp for the first month, maybe a head unit or some high end speakers etc. instead of a refund because I understand shit happens but I am stuck with a non working amp.

I ask him what he wants to do. I let him know I have a tech that can work on the amp he says ok send it to him. (Assuming he would either cover the repair or reimburse for the cost) I ship the amp along with return shipping 40 bucks.

Tech tells me there are multiple things incorrect with the amp (different or incorrect values of parts, power supply drawing too much current etc.) Quotes me 120 for repair.

I let him know, he is hard to get a hold of now. Email him various times (which I can also copy and paste here for everyone to see) Says he wishes I would have sent it to his guy instead. Ok.

There is more back and forth with fedex, they refuse to work with me, only him. This transaction happened back in October 13 2016, I have given him about as much time as I can patiently give him to step up and come through with a solution, refund, etc. (he did offer another amp, but it wouldn't fit my plans)

I am out 320 bucks (pending maybe a return of 80 since tech says he can't get it fixed 100%)

What do you all suggest? (paypal is out of the question since payment was made as a gift for him 100% my fault about that, I guess I always try to extend the benefit of the doubt for other diyma members but I am chalking this up as a learning lesson, and will refer to this whenever someone asks or wants a gift payment, all it takes is one bite in the ass, but this one has been 320 bucks down the drain)

Jason if you read this I held off writing this as long as I could, I have been extremely patient with this for the past 3 months. You need to step up and reimburse me, you shipped me an amp that arrived broken. If you didn't purchase insurance that is YOUR fault, not mine. If you didn't package the amp that is YOUR fault, not mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161024_163345.jpg (63.0 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161024_165432.jpg (49.6 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161024_163357.jpg (57.1 KB, 106 views)

Last edited by sotelomichael; 01-15-2017 at 08:24 PM..
sotelomichael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2017   #2

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 57 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Default Re: jasonjordan584 - Out 320 no amp

Dont like this, he should have taken back or worked with you on the repair
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2017   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 DBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enough

At least your not out $900 and an amp right now due to a member here!!
DBlevel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2017   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 Down will become famous soon enoughDown will become famous soon enoughDown will become famous soon enoughDown will become famous soon enoughDown will become famous soon enoughDown will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlevel View Post
Please do tell....
Down is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2017   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 339 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Was there anything around the amp in terms of packaging or was it just thrown in the box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2017   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 sotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enoughsotelomichael will become famous soon enough

It looks like Amazon boxed it. basically a flat rate box with a heavy amp inside and only one sheet of brown wrapping paper. Nowhere near close enough to pass off as acceptable packaging.
Old 01-15-2017   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 339 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Where was it shipped from? Was it shipped from Jason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2017   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

He says he took it into the FedEx store and handed it to them. He says they boxed and sent it to me. He definitely has a case if so to sort it out as a claim but through the numerous emails I sent him I described what FedEx tells me they need to see from the seller to relinquish claim over the package but he never was able to supply the correct information so FedEx refused to work with me. Claiming only he could settle the claim with them. I have over 50 emails back and forth asking him to get on it and give them what they need but he never seemed to get it right.
Old 01-15-2017   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Rep Power: 40147 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say something is wrong: jasonjordan584 Last Activity: 11-18-2016

For a character reference (not that you need it): I've bought from Michael, everything went well. He was very nice and shipping was plenty good.
schmiddr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2017   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Thanks for the boost. I've actually stayed in touch with him up until yesterday via email. He says he can't refund me. I say I can accept another amp to try and remedy and smooth over the situation. He doesn't respond as to his intention of sending me a replacement amp. Basically tells me "do what you want". Pretty shitty way of dealing with it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20170115-222940_1484541346579.jpg (8.2 KB, 41 views)
Old 01-15-2017   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Rep Power: 40147 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

That's a shame. I'm betting he didn't get insurance and/or he packed it himself - the reasons he would not file a claim. Only thing I can do (and may do) is ban him.
Old 01-15-2017   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Hopefully he mans up and comes through. I will update if he reaches out to me outside the forum.

Last edited by sotelomichael; 01-15-2017 at 10:14 PM..
Old 01-15-2017   #13

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Any fedex shipment carries $100 insurance policy regardless of additional policy has been purchased or not but only sender can claim it.
Victor_inox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2017   #14
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,778 Times in 1,237 Posts
Rep Power: 455 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

ive always had a feeling he was sketchy

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2017   #15

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 0 Victor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really niceVictor_inox is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
ive always had a feeling he was sketchy
So am I, I`ve seen a few noteworthy pieces he offered but something doesn`t feel right. Probably his slow as molasses responses.
Old 01-15-2017   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 112 seafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura aboutseafish has a spectacular aura about

FWIW, I bought some Diatone tweeters from him and all was good.

Last edited by seafish; 01-16-2017 at 09:26 AM..
seafish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 151 aztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished roadaztec45 is on a distinguished road

I bet he didn't buy extra insurance on the amp... And that amp should of been double box or at least decent level of packaging..

2014 Mustang GT-Pioneer 80PRS -Morel Integra Ovation XO6 -Ground Zero 4125SQ
aztec45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017   #18

Banned

12V Company:
Victory Sonics
Position:
Owner

Everyone has a price on his/her reputation. $320 is pathetic number.

Man to woman: Would you sleep with me for one million dollars?
Woman: Sure.
Man: How about for ten dollars?
Woman: What do you think I am?
Man: We've already established what you are. All we're doing is bargaining about price.

P.S. it may or not maybe this case but so far it looks like it is.
Old 01-16-2017   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 DBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enoughDBlevel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down View Post
Please do tell....
In time.....
DBlevel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2017   #20

Rep Power: 158 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmiddr2 View Post
That's a shame. I'm betting he didn't get insurance and/or he packed it himself - the reasons he would not file a claim. Only thing I can do (and may do) is ban him.
Ban him, and delete any sale thread that asks for PP Gift. I see people that have been on here for years asking to add the PP fees or send funds as a gift. Sellers should be adding the measley few dollars to their asking price. It Seems every time time someone is getting screwed on a transaction, it's by sending the funds via EMT, or PP Gift.

I hope it gets resolved for th OP, but highly unlikely from that guy.
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2017   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Miller, report the threads. I don't browse classifieds often.

Michael, any update?
Old 01-22-2017   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Unfortunately no, the guy has not replied to me since that last email about a week ago.
Old 02-23-2017   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

ROCKY TOP

Rep Power: 123 gumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enoughgumbeelee will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBlevel View Post
I would be losing my damn mind!! I hope u have got something resolved since posting this. If you have not, let everyone know what is up, so someone else will not get burnt
gumbeelee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement