Budget 5.25 components - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2011   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 102 turkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enough

Default Budget 5.25 components

I am currently looking for a 5.25 component set for my 02 Regal. It will be a direct fit as the Regal comes with stock components. I want to run them off my HU so I want something with a low rms. I am using a Clarion CX201 21rms/channel. My budgets around $100-$140 internet pricing. I have MB Quart FTA 6x9s in the back for rear fill, but with a titanium tweeter they are a little bright at high volumes. So I would like a silk tweeter or something close. I know woofers etc has a great deal on CDT's but they have a 100rms rating so I dont know how they would sound. I also found a set of Cadence ZRS's on Audiosavings.com for $50 that looks good. So to make a long story short here are my options:

DLS Performance B5A
Pioneer TS-D1320C
Boston Acoustics S50
Cadence ZRS-55KS
DB DRIVE EUPHORIA E5
Phoenix Gold Ryval
Phoenix Gold RSD5cs
CDT Audio CL-S50A
Memphis 15-PRS5V2
Morel Maximo 5
Infinity Reference 5030cs

Last edited by turkishvalo; 10-20-2011 at 06:34 AM..
turkishvalo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2011   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 104 dontblameme will become famous soon enoughdontblameme will become famous soon enoughdontblameme will become famous soon enoughdontblameme will become famous soon enoughdontblameme will become famous soon enoughdontblameme will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Budget 5.25 components

This may not help you but I have been considering the Pioneer Premier ts-d520c or ts-c520prs. Both are old models and good prices can be had if you look around. Don't take my word for it, but I believe I read the premier ts-d520c are just the premier rebadged version of the pioneer ts-d1320c.

With that said ...

Can any of your choices be heard locally?

Is an amp out of the question or something to take in account for the future?
Are your doors deadened / sealed at all?

If no can swing either deadening or an amp. I would really recommend you aim for that, or at least 1 of them. If you don't mind used you can probably find an amp and component set used in your budget.
dontblameme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2011   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 102 turkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enoughturkishvalo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontblameme View Post
This may not help you but I have been considering the Pioneer Premier ts-d520c or ts-c520prs. Both are old models and good prices can be had if you look around. Don't take my word for it, but I believe I read the premier ts-d520c are just the premier rebadged version of the pioneer ts-d1320c.

With that said ...

Can any of your choices be heard locally?

Is an amp out of the question or something to take in account for the future?
Are your doors deadened / sealed at all?

If no can swing either deadening or an amp. I would really recommend you aim for that, or at least 1 of them. If you don't mind used you can probably find an amp and component set used in your budget.
Nah an amp is not out of the question in the future. I am sound deadening the doors with the same stuff i used on my trunk (butyl rubber flashing tape/aluminum tape from home depot 75ft for $40). I was looking into the Pioneers as well. You can get them from sonic electronix for $100 but if i were to spend that much i think i would rather have the CDTs or the DLS. And around here hardly anyone carries boutique brands just mainstream so the Pioneers i might be able to hear but probably not most of the rest.

Old 06-22-2011   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Bump
Old 06-22-2011   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 187 trojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant futuretrojan fan has a brilliant future

Take a look at the HAT Imagine I51-2 speakers, they were designed to work off the head unit power... They are a top of the line speaker company
trojan fan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 101 shexy is on a distinguished roadshexy is on a distinguished roadshexy is on a distinguished roadshexy is on a distinguished roadshexy is on a distinguished road

Polk Audio db's. Way better than the infinity reference.
shexy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 136 Angrywhopper will become famous soon enoughAngrywhopper will become famous soon enoughAngrywhopper will become famous soon enoughAngrywhopper will become famous soon enoughAngrywhopper will become famous soon enoughAngrywhopper will become famous soon enough

HAT imagine
Angrywhopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trojan fan View Post
Take a look at the HAT Imagine I51-2 speakers, they were designed to work off the head unit power... They are a top of the line speaker company
Too much but thanks for the input.

Last edited by turkishvalo; 06-22-2011 at 06:13 AM..
Old 06-22-2011   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunner View Post
140 bucks on the top end means no Hybrid

I'm gonna go with something out the box, so you can have an outlier in your table:

A pair of the 5.25" Aura drivers with the blue cones at Madisound going for 12 bucks each and a pair of Vifa XT25SC-90 ring radiators with the face plates trimmed to fit.

that's about 90 bucks shipped, I guess so from there I'd take the 50 left over and buy a decent 4-channel amp off the classifieds, somebody's got one ready to go..
I also thought about building a set using Dayton parts but I would need to find a crossover.
Old 06-22-2011   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

bump
Old 06-22-2011   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 107 Jsracing will become famous soon enoughJsracing will become famous soon enoughJsracing will become famous soon enoughJsracing will become famous soon enoughJsracing will become famous soon enoughJsracing will become famous soon enough

The power handling od the driver or speaker is not what determines how well it will run on lower power. What you need to look at is the sensitivity rating. The higher sensitivity, the les power it takes rti make the same spl.
From your list list, I like Morel, dls, and BA.
Jsracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2011   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Schneiderd will become famous soon enoughSchneiderd will become famous soon enoughSchneiderd will become famous soon enoughSchneiderd will become famous soon enoughSchneiderd will become famous soon enoughSchneiderd will become famous soon enough

eclipse sc8355
Schneiderd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2011   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Thanks for the suggestions I went with the Cadence ZRS slim mounts. Couldn't beat the price for $50 shipped through audiosavings.com
Old 07-18-2011   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Best Buy
Position:
Car Audio Sales

Rep Power: 113 parrot5254 will become famous soon enoughparrot5254 will become famous soon enoughparrot5254 will become famous soon enoughparrot5254 will become famous soon enoughparrot5254 will become famous soon enoughparrot5254 will become famous soon enough

ive got a set of polk momo 5.25 components id be willing to get ride of. PM for more info.
parrot5254 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement