Brand New Build 2006 Subaru Forester - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2013   #1

Rep Power: 0 HeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enough

Default Brand New Build 2006 Subaru Forester

Evening everyone, I am attempting to figure out all the different components for my vehicle I need to buy (obvious). My goal is SQ above any other concern except cost. I expect to spend at least 2k and possibly up to 3k. (all installation will be done by myself and an ex-coworker who's second job is installing audio systems) I will be doing a complete interior sound deadening of my vehicle within the next few weeks with products from sounddeadenershowdown.com total cost of which I estimate to be between 800 and 1000 dollars. (still haven't gotten final word from Don yet on quantity of materials necessary)

My vehicle is currently equipped with with a single din HU, 6 1/2" 2-way speakers up front and and 5 1/4" speakers in the rear doors. I plan on upgrading to a double din HU (my car has an expansion slot underneath the current HU that is only being used for storage) possibly the Pioneer AVH-X4500BT. My requirements for the HU are touchscreen, Bluetooth, Aux, and USB connections. Outputs such as preamp, sub and voltage I am still learning about so if anyone could refer me to a different/better/same HU for good quality output it would appreciated.

I plan on using component speakers in the front but I am not sure about the rear. I have space for sub(s) in the rear of the vehicle. I have been considering dual tens in a sealed enlosure but wasn't completely sure that was the right way to go. (I listen to rock, heavy metal, Hip Hop, and a lot of classical music) Amp recommendations would be appreciated and also active or passive crossovers? If active what particular characteristics should I look for? Since I am going for SQ not straight SPL will a capacitor and deep cycle battery be necessary/recommended? Also is 4 gauge wire effectively standard for the subs and amp? One last thought, I will be upgrading alternator from a 90 amp to a 160-will that be enough? If not the next level jumps to 250 amps and adds 400 dollars to the cost.

Even a 2 component setup means I will have to mod my vehicle since it only comes standard with the single driver. I am very hands on and have no problem rebuilding the pillars for the tweeter and playing with the door for a mid sized driver if I go with a 3 component setup.
Thank you for your help, I am still fumbling my way around the world of car audio and every tidbit I can get from somebody is appreciated.

Last edited by HeatOnly; 11-07-2013 at 11:17 PM..
HeatOnly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2013   #2

Rep Power: 0 HeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enoughHeatOnly will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Brand New Build 2006 Subaru Forester

I was searching through forums and found an article directed at using only the front speakers so as to recreate the "front sound stage," would this be a viable and effective option or would keeping the rear drivers be a better option?
HeatOnly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2013   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Ground Zero USA
Position:
Co owner

Rep Power: 126 Brandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enoughBrandon@GZUSA will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Brand New Build 2006 Subaru Forester

I would suggest you start with a Component system for the front, you can always add more if you aren't happy. Starting with a three way will complicate the install and tuning. Often a 6.5 and tweeter are enough. I would not worry about the rear doors unless it is absolutely necessary aka, wife demands it.
Remember that more speakers= more amps in most cases and always = more money.
Two tens will certainly produce bass, whether or not it's enough is a personal preference. Same can be said for active or passive. It comes down to how much you want to tune your system.
By asking for opinions or recommendations you will hear about many different brands are valid support for them. There are a ton of knowledgable and experienced members here who enjoy helping others choose their system.

I would suggest you look through our section(GroudZeroUSA) here and review the products, you might find something you like.

http://facebook.com/GroundZeroUSA
1-855-45-GZUSA ext 101
Brandon@GZUSA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement