SQ budget install advice - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2015   #1

Rep Power: 0 ThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enough

Default SQ budget install advice

Hello forum this is my first post. I have learned a great deal on this forum its about time i start a thread lol. Below is a list of the current equipment i own i need advice on which drivers to install and wether to run active or not.(active capable HU,and amp). Also wether to run sealed or ported on a type r. I like punchy bass!Please any advice is appreciated
Additional info
2008 honda accord coupe 6.5 both front and rear slots
Components

Pioneer TS-D1720C 6.75-Inch COMPONENTS 60 RMS
Kenwood kfc p-709ps 80RMS Components

Subwoofer

Alpine Type R 12 1000RMS

Amplifiers
NVX's JAD800.4 125 rms*4 channels at 4 ohm,250rms*4 at 2ohm Active capable
Kenwood KAC-8406 70 ras*4 channels at 4 ohm,100rms*4 at 2ohm
ThreeLeggedHendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2015   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 109 Golden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enoughGolden Ear will become famous soon enough

Default Re: SQ budget install advice

Welcome! The type r is a nice sounding sub. I'd put it in a 1.25 cubic foot sealed enclosure and get at least a 600 watt amp for it (if you can't get a 1k watt amp).
I've used those Pioneer comps and they were pretty good for the price. Never heard the kenwoods so I can't compare them. Personally, I would run the nvx amp because it has more power than the kenwood. Maybe sell the stuff you aren't gonna use so you can get a strong sub amp if you're on a budget?

Golden Ear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2015   #3

Banned

Rep Power: 0 XSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enoughXSIV SPL will become famous soon enough

I'm in Lodi on business next week, actually.... It would be cool to get together and talk about building a system... A treat I've never experienced in my business travels... PM me if you like... I may not have the answers you want to hear, but I will have an opinion.

Last edited by XSIV SPL; 10-31-2015 at 12:26 AM..
XSIV SPL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2015   #4

Rep Power: 81 vivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enoughvivmike will become famous soon enough

Get some sound deadner, especially for the rear plastic piece behind the seats.

Also use a DSP since I'm assuming you are keeping the stock HU and want to run active in the future.

W212 E63 Renntech: Bang & Olufsen Audio
Nissan D21: audio for sale!
vivmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2015   #5

Rep Power: 0 ThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enoughThreeLeggedHendrix will become famous soon enough

I don't intend on buying a processor yet, it's out of my budget at the moment. Also my headunit has time alignment and built in crossovers. At this time my biggest concerns are...
Proper speaker installation for good midbass
Tweeter placement for good imaging
And wether to have and high frequency rear fill?
Old 10-31-2015   #6

12V Company:
JM LED's
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 52 axipher will become famous soon enoughaxipher will become famous soon enoughaxipher will become famous soon enoughaxipher will become famous soon enoughaxipher will become famous soon enoughaxipher will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLeggedHendrix View Post
I don't intend on buying a processor yet, it's out of my budget at the moment. Also my headunit has time alignment and built in crossovers. At this time my biggest concerns are...
If you have the time and energy, look at the MiniDSP 2x4, it's a pretty inexpensive DSP with plenty of options.

AirPort Express Optical -> Fiio D03K -> Analog
-> MiniDSP C 6x8 -> JL 450/4 > Morel Ultra Tempo 602
-> JL 500/1v2 -> DS18 Gen-124D
axipher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2015   #7

Thanks ill look into it. Can you explain what advantage the mini DSP would bring over my headhunit's built in crossovers and time alignment?
Old 11-01-2015   #8

Rep Power: 0 aviduser will become famous soon enoughaviduser will become famous soon enoughaviduser will become famous soon enoughaviduser will become famous soon enoughaviduser will become famous soon enoughaviduser will become famous soon enough

I have those same kenwood components. The tweeters were a little bright around 10k, overall they were decent.

But for a little more money I upgraded to some audison prima components. They really improved the imaging and clarity. Wish I bought them to start with.

Or maybe some polk db6501's, havent heard them in person but they have good reviews.
aviduser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-02-2015   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 193 Bayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLeggedHendrix View Post
What headunit are you referring to? At the current moment there's only a couple of headunits I would deem decent enough to not consider an outboard dsp, the 80prs & P99rs. All others will compromise heavily by missing a key function at least in a one seat tune, left & right eq. Also, infinitely variable phase adjustment on the sub is something that's very useful that I know of no headunit to include at this time. 180 flips barely cut the mustard.

Last edited by Bayboy; 11-02-2015 at 04:00 AM..
Bayboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement