2015 Ram sport crew cab - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2019   #1

Rep Power: 84 ocsoswat will become famous soon enoughocsoswat will become famous soon enoughocsoswat will become famous soon enoughocsoswat will become famous soon enoughocsoswat will become famous soon enoughocsoswat will become famous soon enough

Default 2015 Ram sport crew cab

Hey guys.

I see a bunch of Ram threads so I got a lot of information off of them.. Just wanna throw some stuff out there for suggestions / recommendations ..

I love the 3 speaker dash.. it's an awesome sound stage..

So I'm working with the 9 speaker plus sub Alpine system I want to keep the factory source.

So Pac Audio and a dsp.

Has anyone ever run the Hybrid Audio Legatia 3se in the front? I'm not sure it will fit. It's a 3.7 inch speaker and the mount is a 3.5 inch.

If that's a no go I was looking at AudioFrog GB25 2.5inch.

Also... I don't want to cut anything on the truck so tweeter location ... not sure what shops around me do sail panels or will the Audiofrog tweet possibly mount int he same location in the corners with the GB25.

The doors are all 6x9. Anyone have any experience using a 6.5 adapter? I just am not a fan of the 6x9 speaker design though I hear the audiofrog's drop in. With that being said.. anyone have experience with the AF 6x9 coax? otherwise I would use the adapter for the 6.5 and mouth the tweet some damn where.

And this brings me to active vs passive.

If I went active I would need 9 channels plus a mono for the sub?

What amps? I don't have mass cash on hand but I'd space the purchases out just to get something decent. I'd love some Audison but I can't go that steep if I'm doing 9 channels on active. Maybe some zapco?

Any input would be welcomed!
ocsoswat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2019   #2

Rep Power: 97 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Hybrid so makes an L2se
ToNasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 182 TomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2015 Ram sport crew cab

I have the exact same truck with three way front (no center channel), rear coax and sub. Everything is running active with the factory head unit -> PAC -> Toslink -> Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace-> four amps.

My installer fit Dyn Esotar 430s in the dash corners. You might be able to fit something larger. The RAM doors can fit high quality 6.5” like the GB60. You could also go to a shallow 8” like the Audio Development W800 NEO. Tweeters in the sail panels work great and are a pretty easy install.

"Buy Once, Cry Once. Then enjoy it for a long time!!!"
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 123 rob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enoughrob3980 will become famous soon enough

I have a sweet set of Hertz Mille 3 ways and they are the old school ones that are better than the current model. Go 3 way over a 2 way you won’t regret it. If you do stay 2 way you could go Audiofrog gb15 and Gb60 i love my milles and gbs

I’m buying a 19 ram next week and doing 3 way front stage active with 2 way active center channel and rear fill with 2 jl tw5s
rob3980 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rob3980 For This Useful Post:
RVA_LVER (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 02-22-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 117 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomT View Post
I have the exact same truck with three way front (no center channel), rear coax and sub. Everything is running active with the factory head unit -> PAC -> Toslink -> Mosconi 8to12 Aerospace-> four amps.

My installer fit Dyn Esotar 430s in the dash corners. You might be able to fit something larger. The RAM doors can fit high quality 6.5” like the GB60. You could also go to a shallow 8” like the Audio Development W800 NEO. Tweeters in the sail panels work great and are a pretty easy install.
Do you have any pics or a build log of your truck so we can see how you made it all work together?

2013 Dodge Ram (under construction)
Black Rain is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2019   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 182 TomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enough

Not really, all the speakers are in stock locations except the tweeters. The PAC is up front beneath the center console and everything else is mounted on the back wall.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 83F0E2F4-4E22-41BB-AC4D-FA6737629A8A.jpeg (1,010.7 KB, 27 views)

Old 02-23-2019   #7

Rep Power: 18 EmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enough

Which PAC module is everyone using. I was originally taking the signal from the headunit before the amplifier and using a Bit Ten to de-eq and sum the signals then send that to my amplifiers.

This was done in my 2012 before the PAC units were available.
EmoJackson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmoJackson View Post
Which PAC module is everyone using. I was originally taking the signal from the headunit before the amplifier and using a Bit Ten to de-eq and sum the signals then send that to my amplifiers.

I did the exact same thing with a Bit One added after the factory amp. Took us a while to work the bugs out of that setup. A year or so later the PAC was released and I had the entire system redone (went fully active plus upgrading everything). It was a snap since we went Toslink from the PAC to the new Mosconi.

This is the unit we used in my Ram.
AmpPRO 4 CH41

The Following User Says Thank You to TomT For This Useful Post:
EmoJackson (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019   #9

Rep Power: 18 EmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enoughEmoJackson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I did the exact same thing with a Bit One added after the factory amp. Took us a while to work the bugs out of that setup. A year or so later the PAC was released and I had the entire system redone (went fully active plus upgrading everything). It was a snap since we went Toslink from the PAC to the new Mosconi.

AmpPRO 4 CH41
Thank you,

Is there any advantage adding this piece vs using the summing function of the DSP? I can't possibly see one.
EmoJackson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2019   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Thank you,

Is there any advantage adding this piece vs using the summing function of the DSP? I can't possibly see one.
There definitely is with the Alpine system. The PAC will just make it dead simple where getting a nice signal with the DSP’s summing can be a huge pain in the ass.

Black Rain (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 117 Black Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enoughBlack Rain will become famous soon enough

What would the benefits of using the PAC if you didn't have the Alpine system? Is there an easier or better way?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:

TomT, do you have any pics of the W800 Neo in the doors. I have never seen anyone use any type of 8" without having to cut the 6x mounting.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
TomT, do you have any pics of the W800 Neo in the doors. I have never seen anyone use any type of 8" without having to cut the 6x mounting.
I was just suggesting them as I had heard others used them successfully. I have the Audio Development ESA Bass 6.5s in my doors.

As far as having to make the factory hole a little bigger, I would have no problem with that.

Black Rain (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #14

Rep Power: 14 saltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:

AmpPRO 4 CH41
That’s the correct one.

saltyone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #15

Rep Power: 14 saltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Rain View Post
What would the benefits of using the PAC if you didn't have the Alpine system? Is there an easier or better way?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
The PAC is the best option by far with or without the alpine system. Hands down...no question.

Benefits are ease of install and ability to use toslink to DSP if the processor has optical in.

saltyone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to saltyone For This Useful Post:
Black Rain (2 Weeks Ago)
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 103 Blorton will become famous soon enoughBlorton will become famous soon enoughBlorton will become famous soon enoughBlorton will become famous soon enoughBlorton will become famous soon enoughBlorton will become famous soon enough

Quick question - where is a good place to buy Audio Development drivers in the USA?
Blorton is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Blorton For This Useful Post:
Black Rain (2 Weeks Ago)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement