2019 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door Wrangler - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Days Ago   #1

Rep Power: 46 jeeplaw will become famous soon enoughjeeplaw will become famous soon enoughjeeplaw will become famous soon enoughjeeplaw will become famous soon enoughjeeplaw will become famous soon enoughjeeplaw will become famous soon enough

Default 2019 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door Wrangler

So in an interested design twist, the engineers moved away from the 6.5" drivers in the knee panel location on the the older JK version of the jeep, and now I have to deal with 4"s in there, and 3"'s in the dash location.

But there's a kicker. the knee panel enclosures, and the soundbar, are ported designs. The sound engineers did a really good job in working with the space they had to move the most air.

I've got the Alpine upgraded system, with sub, and honestly for a factory system I'm pretty impressed. But it can be better.

I'm tempted to put HAT L3SEs in the dash as the widebanders but I'm unsure of what is out there for a good 4" driver that can really fit the midbass-midrange responses..i know, i know..midbass from a 4..right.

So ultimately I may go carving up the soundbar to fit either a 6x9 or 6.5 driver, but I really want good response upfront, down low if that makes sense. I'm more used to melding the midbass from my MW182 in my CTS-V with the Sundown SD3 in the rear and using time delay to really make it seemless. The jeep is a different story, and different sound stage.

I get it, it's a jeep and i'm not looking to compete with it. But I do want to make it sound as best as I can with the factory setup that is there (ported).

What works well in the 4" range in a ported application?
jeeplaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Days Ago   #2

Rep Power: 58 MrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enoughMrGreen83 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2019 Jeep Rubicon 4 Door Wrangler

Just want to add, these Jeeps (with this package) sound really good for a factory system!!! Even the bass, it’s not lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MrGreen83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement