07 Ferrari F430, Looking for high end single din - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 alm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enough

Default 07 Ferrari F430, Looking for high end single din

Good morning,
I'm looking for suggestions for a high end, single din radio for an 2007 Ferrari F430.

Needs to have integral bluetooth. I don't really want to put a mic in the cabin, but I'll do what has to be done.
Needs to be easy to read / operate
Needs to not look like a Dekotora
I do not want a flip out screen.

If I didn't need to have BT I would use a Denon for sure. I had my eye on the Continental radios, but they seem like availability might be an issue. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks in advance!

cd source -> amp -> speakers
alm001 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to alm001 For This Useful Post:
beak81champ (05-15-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-15-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 160 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 07 Ferrari F430, Looking for high end single din

I don't know if the Pioneer P99 has the integral bluetooth (personally, I don't know of any that do not at least need an external microphone), but that's where I would start looking. You would also need the CD-BTB200 for Bluetooth, which may be a deal breaker. It also requires external amplifiers, so may not work in your situation.

Then maybe the Sony GS9, but I think the Pioneer would look better in the F430 dash, from talking to people as well the Sony can be a headache to navigate with, it also needs external amplifier(s).

Some old luggage

Last edited by naiku; 05-15-2019 at 08:52 AM..
naiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 171 Jroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enoughJroo will become famous soon enough

I was going to say the sony as well
Jroo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 alm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enoughalm001 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku View Post
Pioneer P99 + CD-BTB200
Sony GS9,
Thanks! The GS9 was a consideration, but the screen is too small.
I'll put the P99 on my list, although I'm not sure about adding an amplifier to this car. It only has 600 miles on it and I don't want to do anything that can't be reversed.

Old 05-15-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 160 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

How about the Alpine CDE-H1498BT or Kenwood Excelon KDC-X998? Not quite as high end as the P99, but they look to be decent units, easy to read screens, built in bluetooth, no need for external amplification.

Some old luggage

naiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #6

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 87 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by alm001 View Post
Thanks! The GS9 was a consideration, but the screen is too small.
I'll put the P99 on my list, although I'm not sure about adding an amplifier to this car. It only has 600 miles on it and I don't want to do anything that can't be reversed.
A 2007 with 600 miles!

We need more pics of this thing!

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
"Just slap some drywall screws in it, and you'll be fine"
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to DavidRam For This Useful Post:
beak81champ (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 JVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the roughJVD240 is a jewel in the rough

The unfortunate thing is all modern, full featured, decks are cheesy looking/feeling.

I'm helping a friend put together a system for a classic car and he ended up picking a KDC-X702. He wanted CD, radio and bluetooth. Only other way to accomplish that is doing an old premium head unit and a DSP with bluetooth.

For simplicity sake he bought the Kenwood.

Not many head units will do that car justice TBH.
JVD240 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
A 2007 with 600 miles!

We need more pics of this thing!
Sure, why not?!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alm001 For This Useful Post:
Coppertone (05-27-2019), DavidRam (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019   #9

Rep Power: 19 GMCtrk will become famous soon enoughGMCtrk will become famous soon enoughGMCtrk will become famous soon enoughGMCtrk will become famous soon enoughGMCtrk will become famous soon enoughGMCtrk will become famous soon enough

Rsx-gs9. Premium construction and feel.
GMCtrk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #10

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 87 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

Beautiful!!!

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco & Mosconi amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
"Just slap some drywall screws in it, and you'll be fine"
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #11

Rep Power: 12 jcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
Beautiful!!!
Agreed.

Going along with what JVD240 said... If you can find an old Sony CDX-C910, I think it would look great in that dash.

2012 Mercedes E63 / Audison bit DMI, bit One HD, TH quattro, TH 1.5 II violino, TH 6.5 II SAX / Hertz HP 802, ML 2500.3 / Build Log
jcesl2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #12

Rep Power: 25 04quadcab will become famous soon enough04quadcab will become famous soon enough04quadcab will become famous soon enough04quadcab will become famous soon enough04quadcab will become famous soon enough04quadcab will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVD240 View Post

Not many head units will do that car justice TBH.
Ditto.

Current System: Alpine CDE-147bt; Polk db 6.5; Polk DXi 10" subs,Alpine MRP-M500, Rockford Prime 4-channel
04quadcab is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #13
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 15 Omicron will become famous soon enoughOmicron will become famous soon enoughOmicron will become famous soon enoughOmicron will become famous soon enoughOmicron will become famous soon enoughOmicron will become famous soon enough

Looks great! And your garage is cleaner than my kitchen.
Omicron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Omicron For This Useful Post:
unix_usr (05-15-2019)
Old 05-15-2019   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 368 bbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, fun car!

I'm not sure that you need a "High End" head unit if you aren't also going to upgrade the speakers and install
an amplifier or two to drive them properly?

I also think that the classic Sony ES CDX-C910 would look great in the dash, but they're old, don't have BT,
have a horrible display (dim & hard to read in sunlight), and you'd need external amplifiers as well.

Most of the above would apply to nearly all of the classic "high end" head units.

You could add a tiny "micro amp" to almost any of the head units that you choose, and it wouldn't require
any extensive wiring or major modification.

Something like the Mosconi Pico 2 amplifier
or one of the Alpine, Clarion, or Kenwood micro amps, etc.

Perhaps the Kicker Key180.4 Amp+DSP would be perfect?

None of the Single-DIN head units out there (at least that I've seen) have a really good display that's easily
view-able with top-down driving in full sun.

Do you really need it to Play CDs???

I'm fairly certain that you have a smartphone? If so, maybe the new Pioneer SPH-10BT

Watch the Video on the Crutchfield page.

You can fully customize the front panel lighting, and Pioneer will be selling Parking Sensors that integrate
with both the HU Display and SmartPhone Display (could be useful with that car).

And nearly every aftermarket HU with BT for Hands-Free Calls will require you to add an external microphone.

If your OEM stereo has BT Calling and there is already a microphone installed in the cockpit for it (doubt it), you can
tap into the existing OEM microphone via the OEM wiring harness/plug and connect it to your new
aftermarket stereo. I've done this with 3 of my own vehicles and it has worked flawlessly
with the aftermarket HU.

If not, installing the aftermarket BT mic is usually fairly simple and you can nearly always find a good,
inconspicuous location for it.

I would also really consider the Pioneer DEX-P99RS, but as mentioned, for BT you would need to
add the separate CD-BTB200 adapter.

Last edited by bbfoto; 05-15-2019 at 09:38 PM..
bbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #15
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 98 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

I use aptx Bluetooth adapters. The phone calls come through the speakers and your phone mic (assuming it's a modern smart phone) is more than capable of hearing you with the windows down.

So use the Denon and grab a Bluetooth adapter.

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 368 bbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
I use aptx Bluetooth adapters. The phone calls come through the speakers and your phone mic
(assuming it's a modern smart phone) is more than capable of hearing you with the windows down.

I don't think that the OP already owns the Denon HU?

But I do this in one of my vehicles as well with the Arcam rBlink (now discontinued), but I don't think
the OP's OEM HU has an AUX input or an amplifier to connect the output of the BT Receiver to, and it
looks like he isn't and doesn't want to add amplifier(s). So he would still have to install an
aftermarket single-DIN HU with an AUX Input or one of the micro-amplifiers at minimum.

I think that one or two members here might still have a Black Faceplate Denon DCT-x Head Unit which
would look great in the dash, and some of these have a rear RCA AUX input, but would require an
outboard amplifier of some sort.

Last edited by bbfoto; 05-15-2019 at 08:19 PM..
bbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2019   #17

Rep Power: 12 jcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enoughjcesl2 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbfoto View Post

I also think that the classic Sony ES CDX-C910 would look great in the dash, but they're old, don't have BT,
have a horrible display (dim & hard to read in sunlight), and you'd need external amplifiers as well.

Wait, it needs to be practical too??

I forgot about the BT requirement. So disregard what I said.

I was holding a Mosconi Pico amp today. Could have put it in my pocket. Its small enough that you could hide a couple of them in that car.

2012 Mercedes E63 / Audison bit DMI, bit One HD, TH quattro, TH 1.5 II violino, TH 6.5 II SAX / Hertz HP 802, ML 2500.3 / Build Log
jcesl2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2019   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Thanks everyone for the responses so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omicron View Post
Looks great! And your garage is cleaner than my kitchen.
I wish this was my garage, or my car. This is a separate 2 car "Carriage house", away from the the other 4. Heated & air conditioned year round.

Quote:
I'm not sure that you need a "High End" head unit if you aren't also going to upgrade the speakers and install an amplifier or two to drive them properly?

In this instance I think I'm looking for "high end" in appearance

You could add a tiny "micro amp" to almost any of the head units that you choose, and it wouldn't require
any extensive wiring or major modification.

A microamp might be doable if it comes to that

Do you really need it to Play CDs???

I don't

I'm fairly certain that you have a smartphone? If so, maybe the new Pioneer SPH-10BT

I weep for humanity

And nearly every aftermarket HU with BT for Hands-Free Calls will require you to add an external microphone.

I'm slowly coming to terms with this

I would also really consider the Pioneer DEX-P99RS, but as mentioned, for BT you would need to
add the separate CD-BTB200 adapter.
Quote:
I use aptx Bluetooth adapters. The phone calls come through the speakers and your phone mic (assuming it's a modern smart phone) is more than capable of hearing you with the windows down.

I will look into this thank you

Quote:
I don't think that the OP already owns the Denon HU?

I do own a silver DCT-R1, but this isn't my car

But I do this in one of my vehicles as well with the Arcam rBlink (now discontinued), but I don't think
the OP's OEM HU has an AUX input or an amplifier to connect the output of the BT Receiver to, and it
looks like he isn't and doesn't want to add amplifier(s). So he would still have to install an
aftermarket single-DIN HU with an AUX Input or one of the micro-amplifiers at minimum.

I think that one or two members here might still have a Black Faceplate Denon DCT-x Head Unit which
would look great in the dash, and some of these have a rear RCA AUX input, but would require an
outboard amplifier of some sort.

There are a couple black face units on ebay right now

Old 05-20-2019   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 Viggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enoughViggen will become famous soon enough

As someone else stated not sure a high end single din radio would be much of a benefit for you. If you are just wanting the looks.... visit the different radio manifacturers (Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer) and see what you like. I am also a Hugh Denon car audio fan, loved their stuff back in the day.....

If you do go that route or get another radio and decide you need more power there are numerous small, light and good sounding small amps that can easily be added and also removed when the day comes to move on. Many are so small/light that they do not need to be screed into the car, zip ties etc can mount the amps somewhere.

If possible, I would suggest visiting your local car audio stores to see what they have, some looks great on the companies website and are horrible to use.
Viggen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #20
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 veleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enough

Quote:

What BT adapter are you referring to?
veleno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 955 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

Just being a pest here but:

what about a block-off plate (official Ferrari one?) and instead use a DSP/amp with a Bluetooth connection to directly run off a phone or tablet? It seems implausible to find an attractive radio, but this day and age you don't really need one, either.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
Lanson is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Lanson For This Useful Post:
DavidRam (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019   #22
Upgrade Your Membership!

Listener of Music

Rep Power: 98 Theslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enoughTheslaking will become famous soon enough

Right now I use a homespot with a 12v to usb adapter. Also gives be a extra usb port.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...3cXaY2h2PXFu54

Just because I have 2000+ posts doesn't mean I have learned anything.
Theslaking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2019   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Human (not a robot)

Rep Power: 164 Notloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really niceNotloudenuf is just really nice

What about this?
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-stcPuW...SABEgL-mvD_BwE

NCSQ
Notloudenuf is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Notloudenuf For This Useful Post:
rton20s (05-22-2019)
Old 05-22-2019   #24
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 357 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
This is exactly what I was going to post. Seems a lot of people with older cars attempting to match the look of older HUs are choosing the Clarion M508. Of everything out there right now, it seems to fit best aesthetically.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to rton20s For This Useful Post:
Notloudenuf (05-22-2019)
Old 05-23-2019   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 veleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enoughveleno will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
Does BT only work with android devices, or does it also work with ios?
veleno is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement