2015 Ram 2500 CC Daily Driver - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Day Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 nova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enough

Default 2015 Ram 2500 CC Daily Driver

New old guy getting back into the game and needing some current info. Last subwoofer I bought was an Elemental Designs flat cone if that tells you how long it's been since I played the game.

After playing with android auto/apple car play in my wife's VW Atlas I decided I wanted it in my truck. Bought the tradesman trim with the standard 6 speaker system and the 5" screen because I was just looking for a truck at the time. Decided to do a full audio upgrade for music since I spent a fair bit of time commuting every day but didn't want to bust the bank.

Got a Kenwood Excelon 8705S off Crutchfield scratch n dent for the android auto. Added in Focal integration speakers. 5.25 components up front, with the tweeter in the dash and the 5.25 in the door. 6x9s in the door in the rear. So that tells you what kind of cost area I'm looking at.

Just that has been a 10X improvement in the sound over stock although I'm thinking of adding one of the alpine mini amps for the speakers since I have enough room for one behind the head unit.

That's the background, now the question. Need some help planning out a sub and amp. The Fox Acoustics drivers side box for a 12" (adaptable to a 10") seems to be the box answer for Ram crew cabs.

Looking for a sub + amp in line with the cost/quality level of what I previously described that will work with that box. Listen mostly to classic rock with some electric blues and a minor mish mash of other stuff.

As I've done my own research I'm considering one of the Dayton HFs from Parts Express but I'm not sure about that. I need someone more up to date to give me some direction.
nova3930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Day Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 TomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enoughTomT will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 2015 Ram 2500 CC Daily Driver

You can mount full size amps on the back wall easily. Are you using any DSP functions on the Kenwood (if it has them)?

The Fox Boxes seem to get good reviews, I went with Net Audio in my 2015 Ram. For subs I’m a JL guy although I’d love to try an Audiofrog sub at some point.

Philosophically I have come to the following conclusion: If I can hear a difference in quality between one setup and another, then that difference is real. If I can't hear a difference, but you can, then you are imagining it!
TomT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 22 Hours Ago   #3

Rep Power: 0 nova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enoughnova3930 will become famous soon enough

Yeah I knew there was lots of space behind the seat for an amp. I was looking at the mini amp for ease of installation.

I'm not sure the kenwood has any real dsp capabilities. It has adjustable crossovers and some pre programmed modes but that's about it. Like I say I've been able to tune in the speakers so they sound pretty good this far.

I'll take a look at audio frog. I don't remember them being around in the 2005 time frame last time I was doing audio stuff.
nova3930 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement