2016 Jeep Wrangler, Next step DSP? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 woolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enough

Default 2016 Jeep Wrangler, Next step DSP?

What are your goals for your car audio system - as loud as possible (SPL)? Sound quality (SQ)? Some combination of both? Describe to us how you want your system to sound.**

Would like a SQ system with a wide soundstage that sounds good at moderate volume.

---
* **What vehicle? - year, make, model, type (coupe, sedan, SUV, truck, etc.)**

2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, hardtop

---
* **What is your maximum budget?**

Have $1,600 in it now and another $1,500 is possible but would like to keep it less

---
* **Will you be installing the gear or are you going to a shop? If a shop is doing the work, does your budget include the cost of labor?**

Installing self, half the fun and challenge

---
* **What gear is in your existing system? (Is it stock? List any aftermarket gear.)**

Pioneer CP2330 head unit
Morel Maximo 6 6-1/2” Components up front
JBL Club 6500C 6-1/2 in soundbar
Alpine SPV-10-WRA sub
Audio Control ACM 300.1

---
* **What is your country of purchase? Leave any finishing thoughts here.**

USA

The Jeep is a daily driver with multiday off-road trips each year. My next upgrade is an amp and I’m debating between the Audio Control ACM 4.300 or going the DSP route and a D 4.800. Considering going active and not using the soundbar. The head unit can be used in Network mode for an active setup, will that be enough with the ACM 4.300 to achieve my goals?

Thanks,
Wooly
woolyaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2019   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,125 Posts
Rep Power: 442 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: 2016 Jeep Wrangler, Next step DSP?

I see your coming from reddit.. go with a dsp amp. I use the Helix offerings like the P Six

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2019   #3

Rep Power: 0 woolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enoughwoolyaz will become famous soon enough

Thanks SkizeR,

Not sure what reddit is, I followed the format of another post.

Thanks for the AMP DSP recommendation, I'll keep that unit in mind if the DSP software is MAC compatible.

As I read more posts on the site I'm leaning towards networking my head unit and using just the components in the front with the sub to confirm i want to go that direction.

The next decision is how much a DSP will make a difference compared to the time alignment and EQ in the head unit.

Thanks,
Wooly
woolyaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2019   #4
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,125 Posts
Rep Power: 442 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolyaz View Post
Thanks SkizeR,

Not sure what reddit is, I followed the format of another post.

Thanks for the AMP DSP recommendation, I'll keep that unit in mind if the DSP software is MAC compatible.

As I read more posts on the site I'm leaning towards networking my head unit and using just the components in the front with the sub to confirm i want to go that direction.

The next decision is how much a DSP will make a difference compared to the time alignment and EQ in the head unit.

Thanks,

Wooly
Ahhh, the format you used is what they use there. I dont knowing any mac compatible dsp softwares off the top of my head, but you can always use parallels or something of the sort

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement