2017 Cadillac XTS with Bose just not cutting it. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 96 rockunlimited2 is on a distinguished roadrockunlimited2 is on a distinguished roadrockunlimited2 is on a distinguished roadrockunlimited2 is on a distinguished roadrockunlimited2 is on a distinguished road

Default 2017 Cadillac XTS with Bose just not cutting it.

I am trying to put together a system for my 2017 Cadillac XTS with the 8 speaker Bose factory system.* I have bought Infinity kappa 6.5 for all 4 doors and a kappa 1000w for the rear deck run free air like the factory set up (basicly just replace all speakers with Kappas) and a 300 rms Pioneer amp to the rear deck 10".* I have the full wire diagram for the Bose amp and can pull the Active Noise Cancellation mic pins (Suggested per multiple recommendations to avoid a artificial noise issue) I was told was common.* the concern I have is; the stock Bose has built in (Non-adjustable) frequency cut offs per speaker and automatically reduced bass as volume is turned up.* I am worried the stock Bose amp will not give enough power for the kappa door speakers (stock Bose sound weak but Kappas are very efficient and only 3 ohm).* Would adding a 5 channel amp in place of the single channel amp for the just the 10" sub make the door speakers sound better even at low volume (Up the bass and mid-bass)? I don't pound bass but want to be able to crank it up if needed.* Or is there a way to bypass the Bose amp?* it has BUS cables as inputs and I was thinking of just using the speaker outs from the stock Bose amp as high powered inputs for either the Kappa 5 channel or Pioneer mono amp since it is already in the trunk. The Bose amp also handles the voice commands of the Cadillac (So I can't just yank it out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC View Post
Ant. Bust out the dick
rockunlimited2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 96 rockunlimited2 is on a distinguished roadrockunlimited2 is on a distinguished roadrockunlimited2 is on a distinguished roadrockunlimited2 is on a distinguished roadrockunlimited2 is on a distinguished road

Update, ordered a DQ-61 and 5 channel amp, per multiole sights that will take care of the Bose issue. Still stockpiling other parts and I am thinking of pulling the newmy installed kappa 62ix (6.5) fronts for kappa 6x9 components when I do the full install. the front doors will be getting 100rms clean into 2.7 ohms with a clean signal. would there be a noticeable difference in swapping the front doors to a kappa 6x9 componant set from a kappa 6.5 co-ax?

Quote:
Ant. Bust out the dick
Old 07-05-2019   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,688 Times in 1,176 Posts
Rep Power: 452 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: 2017 Cadillac XTS with Bose just not cutting it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockunlimited2 View Post
Update, ordered a DQ-61 and 5 channel amp,
can i make a suggestion? return the DQ61. These newer bose systems, especially GM's arent simple enough to hook up a fancy LOC to. You NEED a pre-amp interface to get a halfway decent signal unless you are trying to keep the oem "2 seat tune", but i wouldnt even recommend that. Get yourself a NAV-TV GM650 and a DSP (I suggest Helix)

https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT838/m650-gm.html

https://www.audiotec-fischer.de/en/h...ocessors/dsp.3

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2019   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Thank you for the info, looks very interesting. Seems car audio has changed a little in the last 20+ years since my last big system.

Quote:
Ant. Bust out the dick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement