Suggestions for trance music - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1 Week Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 ebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enough

Default Suggestions for trance music

I have a 2017 Toyota Corolla SE

I am keeping the OEM headunit but I did order the Helix DSP Mini. I am looking for a 2 way with a catch. The catch is that the 6.5 driver cant be more than 2.5 inches in depth but can settle for 2.6 inches on the midbass driver.

Now I listen to a ton of trance music which include artists for example Ben Gold, Dash Berlin, Armin Van Buren, Andrew Payal, Marlo and Arisen Flame to name a few.

At the moment I do not have an amplifier but the only manufactures I would touch in the amplifier department would be Helix [Their G series and below including the Match series] or the Arc Audio [Kar or KS series and below].
ebrahim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 1 Week Ago   #2

Rep Power: 32 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Suggestions for trance music

The thing that will benefit you the most is a sub. Very happy with my setup for trance. Though sometimes the highs can be harsh, but I haven't tuned my system yet.

2014 Honda Accord LX - JL Audio C2-650, Kicker CSC674, Helix DSP Pro MK1, Pioneer GM-D8604, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 ebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enoughebrahim will become famous soon enough

I am debating on the subwoofer though since I do not want to take that much space in the trunk with it.
ebrahim is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 1 Week Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:
Auto electrician/Fabricator

Rep Power: 156 dumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enough

Subwoofer, even an underseat if one will fit will benefit you, but an 8” in the boot in a tiny 0.5-0.75 cu ft box will be a very nice addition!
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 123 tonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enough

You can't listen to trance without a subwoofer. 95% of EDM is in the low end energy. The feel of the KICK.

If you are a true fan of such music you should try and make effort to hear the music as the artist intends.

Just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarion NX807, Audison Bit One HD, Audison Voce 5.1k, Audison Voce Quattro, Scanspeak R3004, Focal Utopia 3w2be, Hybrid Audio L6SE, Dynaudio Esotar 1200
tonynca is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 234 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed 100%, with trance you need a sub. In VERY rare exceptions you could get by without, like in my truck, but I'm running 4 heavy duty midbasses, crossed low in extremely well-treated doors, and with plenty of power. They can handle plenty of output and would do quite well with trance music down to 50-60Hz, but that's a helluva lot more trouble than just adding a decent 8" or 10" small box sub and amp. lol

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 52 Holmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enoughHolmz will become famous soon enough

Are the Butt Hole Surfers considered (or boarder Ing on) trance?
Holmz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #8

Rep Power: 32 SlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enoughSlvrDragon50 will become famous soon enough

Yea, you really can't go without the sub. So much sound design goes into the kick, pads, and other bass elements. Especially if you like Arisen Flame. My dad has an underseat sub, and I actually really like it a lot. It's got a very punchy feel to it, but it is lacking in sub-bass compared to my 12" Pioneer. I am just running a shallow mount 12" which leaves plenty of space in my trunk still. My emergency kit takes up more space. And if I do end up needing more space, I'll just pull the sub.

2014 Honda Accord LX - JL Audio C2-650, Kicker CSC674, Helix DSP Pro MK1, Pioneer GM-D8604, Rockford Fosgate R500X1D
SlvrDragon50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 955 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a big (BIG) EDM fan, a child of the rave scene...now grown older and maybe a bit more grown up.

You definitely need a sub, but a 10" quality driver (SD3?) would suffice, perhaps two of them if you have the room. Fire it down or back out of a nice, small .6 cubic foot sealed enclosure, and you're set with about 500W of total amp power.

Other than that, I would always recommend laid-back but accurate drivers, and a nice, responsive house curve tune. Hanatsu's tune +/- a bit of personal up and down based solely on what my ears are hearing at the last little bit of tuning is what I go with.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
Lanson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 179 fish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enoughfish will become famous soon enough

A shallow sub won't take up much space in the trunk at all. I was gonna recommend a trunk baffle, but the depth would be roughly the same.

'17 Hyundai Sonata SE : Alpine PXE-0850S - Alpine PDX-V9 - Illusion C3CX - Audiofrog GS60 - Kicker SoloClassic15 (x2, IB)
fish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 955 Lanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond reputeLanson has a reputation beyond repute

oh and I got a spare Helix G-One that could use a home for this project, if you have the budget.

Special thanks to all of the industry experts that share their knowledge here on the forum
2015 Durango R/T, MS-8, Massive N3, set of NX4's, Audiofrog GS690 and GS10, Wavecor center, Sundown SD3 10's
2018 WRX, Helix V Eight and G-One, AD W600, AP AR3 & AR20, AE AV10H-D2
Lanson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement