Must Have Requirements:
- >8-channel high-level speaker input: Center; FR Hi L&R; FR Lo L&R; Rear L&R; Sub
- >Ability to Sum: [(input 1) + (input 2/180) + (input 3/180)] = output 1 OR [(input 1) - (input 2) - (input 3)] = output 1
- >8-channel low-level RCA output: Center; FR Hi L&R; FR Lo L&R; Rear L&R; Sub
- >Usual complement of TA, EQ, and output XO tuning capabilities
(Background reason for some of the requirements is here if interested)
The end-goal is to have:
- Center = non-music vehicle tones and voices only
- 2-way active Front Stage
- Rear Fill
- tune optimized for driver-only position
The ability to easily 'toggle' to a second tune 'compromised' for two front occupants would be a bonus but is not a 'must have' (if that involves a significant extra expense such as Helix Director I'd probably do without for a long time).
My research indicates the Helix DSP Pro Mk2 with DSP PC-Tool Version 4 will meet all the above requirements. Can anyone confirm that (especially the input 'summing' capability part)?
Will the earlier Helix DSP Pro Mk1 / Helix DSP Pro meet those same requirements?
Any other DSP that can meet all those requirements?
I plan to use with JBL MS-A1004 and MS-A5001 amps I already have in hand if that makes any difference. Gonna miss the upmixed 'true center' of Logic 7 but the MS-8 can't deal with this vehicle's OEM 'tones and voices' scheme so it's out of the picture. It's a 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, I will not consider an HU swap.
Thanks In Advance for informed guidance!