Best 300RMS 10/12 Sub for a Corner Sealed Enclosure? IDQ12 750W sub work w 300W amp? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 crewxp will become famous soon enoughcrewxp will become famous soon enoughcrewxp will become famous soon enoughcrewxp will become famous soon enoughcrewxp will become famous soon enoughcrewxp will become famous soon enough

Default Best 300RMS 10/12 Sub for a Corner Sealed Enclosure? IDQ12 750W sub work w 300W amp?

Hi guys. Can someone recommend me a 12" sub that would work with a corner sealed enclosure around 1.0 cubic ft?

I have a 2010 camaro with an 'upgraded' Boston Acoustics factory audio system. I installed it 10 years ago and my Infinity $40 sub died about 9 years ago. FINALLY fixing and upgrading the sub. The sub would only kick on when making sharp turns and only on high volumes. I measured the impedance and it didn't read at all. Weird!

I have a Kappa Five 1200W 5 channel amp that provides 300RMS to the sub at 2 ohms. It uses the other 4 channels for my interior speakers.
Amp Specs: https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...APPA-FIVE.html

I also have a custom corner/stealth sealed enclosure that looks like this: https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186698

Box Construction: 3/4 MDF
Mounting Depth: 10.5"
Volume: 1.0 cu.ft
Hole: Fits 12" or 10" subs

I have had 2 strong recommendations so far. The JL AUDIO 12W3v3-2 and IDQ12 V.4 D4 (wired in parallel to make 2 ohms).
Are those 2 recommendations above good? Any other thoughts? The 12w3v3 is 300RMS, but the IDQ says 750RMS. Will the IDQ still work well with my 300RMS output?

I dont like 'muddy' bass where the entire car rattles and its hard to hear the song, but do like the kicks or aggressive synths when playing. I remember when first installing my Infinity sub: With the AC on, if I could feel the AC move with songs, that would be awesome as well if the new one could do that. Right now Im leaning towards the IDQ12 over JL, but am worried about the RMS rating difference. And I'm ONLY highly looking at those because they were recommended.

Genre of music: Trailer/Rock/EDM(Bass Kicking / Club types / Sharp & Quick / Chest-Felt Beats).

I've been out of the game too long and could use yalls help. I am hoping to make the purchase tomorrow!

Last edited by crewxp; 07-18-2019 at 12:38 AM..
crewxp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 91 jode1967 will become famous soon enoughjode1967 will become famous soon enoughjode1967 will become famous soon enoughjode1967 will become famous soon enoughjode1967 will become famous soon enoughjode1967 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Best 300RMS 10/12 Sub for a Corner Sealed Enclosure? IDQ12 750W sub work w 300W a

my only experience with the idq would be the v1 and v2 version, and I currently have a jl 12 tw3 in my vehicle. I am actually pretty impressed with the tw3. I was impressed with the idq back inn the day, but the 2 are not really comparable in my observation. the latest version of the idq may well be the equal of the tw3.
I would say that the tw3 is a worthy piece of equipment. dont think it will rattle the windows out, but should have decent output.
Where in Texas are you, if near Tyler- I would offer a listen to mine
jode1967 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 224 tyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura abouttyroneshoes has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: Best 300RMS 10/12 Sub for a Corner Sealed Enclosure? IDQ12 750W sub work w 300W a

The current 12 IDQ v4 really needs a much larger enclosure than 1 foot. The 10 would work in that space. The v1/v2 are much better 12" subs for a cuft. As are the Arc Audio 12"s (similar to idq v2) and the ID series

Same with 12" w3s. The shallow JLs would work as would many other options. The Dayton HO 12 would work but could use a little more power. HF 10" works

If you want a SQ focused old school subs, this 12 Nakamichi requires a little less than 1 cuft and sound amazing, but not loud subs.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nakamichi-S...72.m2749.l2649

Sundown SD-3 would work, as would helix precision as well. Morel primo 10 as well. depends how much output youre looking for

Oh, I completely forgot this but I have a side firing shallow enclosure at @.7 cuft as well and Im going to install the SI BM MKIII I just grabbed off the forum. Thats a 12 that will work very well in that enclosure. Just glue some wood or Styrofoam in the enclosure as 1 cuft may be a little big...I dont have any experience with the sub but this forum seems to like them. Ill eventually get to modifying the box when its not mid 90s every day.

https://stereointegrity.com/product/...-12-subwoofer/

Subaru Impreza - Pioneer MVH-1400NEX - Zapco Studio 100 - ESB DT 8.25 - Zapco ST-204D SQ - ESB 8.165 - Sundown SD3-10

Jeep Patriot - JBL MS8 - Alpine PDR-F50 - Kenwood KFC-XP6902C (6x9 + 2.75 wideband) - MB Quart P19 tweets - Alpine PDR-M65 - Boston Acoustics g5 10"

Last edited by tyroneshoes; 07-19-2019 at 10:14 AM..
tyroneshoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement