3-way component help - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 Spoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enough

Default 3-way component help

I have narrowed it down to two 3-way component sets but i need help in chosing. No one around me has tgem so i can listen to them. The two sets are the focal 165as3 & tge ct sounds meso 3-way set. For tge price it is ct all day long but i dont mind spending a little more to get a lot better sound. Have any of you had experience with these sets? Which is better? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Spoonbill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2

Rep Power: 93 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Nothing ct sounds makes sounds good. Use the focal
ToNasty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

Rep Power: 0 Spoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enoughSpoonbill will become famous soon enough

Thats just it. I have came across hundreds of reviews on each one and everyone says good things about both sets so how in the world is a person supposed to decide? Ive also heard great things about ct amps and subs

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Rep Power: 93 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoonbill View Post
Thats just it. I have came across hundreds of reviews on each one and everyone says good things about both sets so how in the world is a person supposed to decide? Ive also heard great things about ct amps and subs
Because most people think just the speakers sounding "clear" makes them sound excellent.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 183 chithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of lightchithead is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: 3-way component help

I cannot claim to know much about either one of those sets.

But, for the cost of those, I would seriously take a look at these instead:

PHD MF6.3 Three Way Kit - BNIB

Scroll to post #5 for the current amount. Absolutely phenomenal price for a set of speakers with that caliber of sound.

chithead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

It has a 4" mid. I only have room for a 3.5" ive never heard of that brand. I stay away from stuff i havent heard of. Mark over at c.a.f. uses both ct and focal on several of his builds. He wouldnt use it if it wasnt good
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

Quote:
It has a 4" mid. I only have room for a 3.5" ive never heard of that brand. I stay away from stuff i havent heard of. Mark over at c.a.f. uses both ct and focal on several of his builds. He wouldnt use it if it wasnt good
PhD is excellent stuff
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8

Quote:
And this is false. He's sponsored for a lot of the stuff
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #9

Rep Power: 48 Locomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enoughLocomotive Tech will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=Mark over at c.a.f. uses both ct and focal on several of his builds. He wouldnt use it if it wasnt good[/QUOTE]

UGH!

Mark has Fab skills, sponsored by those. Seems to me that you may be rather new. Side by side, PhD for sure. I am not saying that I advocate for PhD, I am pointing out that you are assuming that CT's are good because Mark says they are good......stop right there and do some research.

If you show up at a GTG sportin' CT's, don't be surprised to get a whole lota...Meh

JL MM100S, JL FiX 82, TwK D8, Scan Illumniator TwT, Hybrid L3 SE Mid, SI TM65 v1 Mid Bass, JL HD-900/5, HD 900/5, 2 ID 15 V3 IB
Locomotive Tech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotive Tech View Post
UGH!

Mark has Fab skills, sponsored by those. Seems to me that you may be rather new. Side by side, PhD for sure. I am not saying that I advocate for PhD, I am pointing out that you are assuming that CT's are good because Mark says they are good......stop right there and do some research.

If you show up at a GTG sportin' CT's, don't be surprised to get a whole lota...Meh
Couldn't have said it better myself

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #11

Rep Power: 35 BillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enough

Look at it like this...

Focal es165kx3 = hand made in France with extremely high quality and attention to detail by old world craftsmen to the highest standards after a lot of money was spent researching and developing the setup.

Ct sounds= ordered through a catalog of a Chinese build firm, ct logo and box used to make it appear to be quality and higher end engineering with a proprietary design but it is not!

You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to 3 way component speaker sets.

Take this as truth coming from a guy that tried to go cheap and ended up wasting a lot of time and money. In the end it would have been cheaper to just buy the quality from the start.
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to BillC For This Useful Post:
ambesolman (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 125 tonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enough

Get those PHD, sell the mid, buy another mid that fits.

You won't get a better set of speakers for that much. Even consider running GB25 If you have space constraint. They're a very capable 2.5".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarion NX807, Audison Bit One HD, Audison Voce 5.1k HD, Audison Voce Quattro HD, Focal Utopia M 3-way (TBM, 3.5WM, 6WM), Dynaudio Esotar 1200
tonynca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Look at it like this...

Focal es165kx3 = hand made in France with extremely high quality and attention to detail by old world craftsmen to the highest standards after a lot of money was spent researching and developing the setup.

Ct sounds= ordered through a catalog of a Chinese build firm, ct logo and box used to make it appear to be quality and higher end engineering with a proprietary design but it is not!

You get what you pay for, especially when it comes to 3 way component speaker sets.

Take this as truth coming from a guy that tried to go cheap and ended up wasting a lot of time and money. In the end it would have been cheaper to just buy the quality from the start.
Dont forget the owner of ct is an idiot and says his 8s sound like 10s or 12s. How can you even say something like that.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 YellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enoughYellowC4S will become famous soon enough

Hertz Mille 3-way components
YellowC4S is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement