Suggestions for 10" D2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 givingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enough

Default Suggestions for 10" D2

Im looking to upgrade my current sub thats a D4 for something thats D2 so I can use the 1 ohm power from the amp.

Im currently running a American Bass XFL 10" D4 on a CAB2000.

I was looking at a American Bass HD 10 - 1500w rms sub, but can't find much reviews on it.
givingtheheat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 -Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough-Kyle- will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Suggestions for 10" D2

What kind of space? Goals? Vehicle?
-Kyle- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #3

Rep Power: 0 givingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enoughgivingtheheat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kyle- View Post
What kind of space? Goals? Vehicle?
Its in a 2015 lancer - im just going to put it in the box im currently using (will eventually make a box for the actual sub, but not worried about it currently)

My goal is to have deep bass and that my amp can push at 1 ohm. The dyno shows it getting around 1900 at 1 ohm. $300ish and under.

If I knew I was sticking with a single 10 in the beginning I would have got the D2 version of the XFL so I could push it to 1800. So just looking for something that hits harder.

Old 4 Weeks Ago   #4

Rep Power: 79 JCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enough

This might do the trick if you have to have a 10”. https://ficaraudio.com/product/bl-series-bl10v3/
You’ll get more output though if you can go up in cone size plus more options.

Sienna SB29 Focal PS165V Alpine SWS10 Mazda CX5 AF GB15 AF GB60 AF GB12 Ford F150 AF GB10 JLC5 Sundown SD310.
JCsAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 190 miniSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the roughminiSQ is a jewel in the rough

Is buying a second D4 out of the question?

2018 Crosstrek
P SIX DSP MK2 GB10 GB25 Gs690 RM12 Z-2KD II
miniSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniSQ View Post
Is buying a second D4 out of the question?
Yeah id rather just stick with a single 10 due to the trunk space I have.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
This might do the trick if you have to have a 10”.
You’ll get more output though if you can go up in cone size plus more options.
That thing does look like a monster. What options do you have if I would just go with a 12 and just rebuild a box.

What does 8.660″ magnets mean in comparisson to say the HD10 that has a 320oz magnet.
Old 4 Weeks Ago   #8

Rep Power: 79 JCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enoughJCsAudio will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by givingtheheat View Post
That thing does look like a monster. What options do you have if I would just go with a 12 and just rebuild a box.

What does 8.660″ magnets mean in comparisson to say the HD10 that has a 320oz magnet.
The Thiele/Small parameters are what really matter, not the magnet type or weight. I’d have to run a simulation in Bassbox Pro to get a better idea and I’d have to know if you are ported or sealed plus also general size of box and real RMS power. FI Car Audio makes some very nice subwoofers that are known to pound and take a shit ton of power if that is what you are after. Many of the people on this forum are more into Sound qaulity and are happy with less than 1000 watts of power. There are certain companies like Sundown Audio, Sound Solutions Audio, and Incriminator Audio that make more SPL oriented subwoofers in 12” and larger sizes so when you go bigger your options are increased. Adire Audio and Stereo Integrity also make good subwoofers that might fit what I think you are after.

If you are running sealed and just want more output we’ll than keep what you have and make a ported box for that subwoofer. You’ll get a shit ton more SPL and with a DSP you can massage the response to anything you want. Tune it low and you can control cone excursion down low with the tuning frequency and up higher with a DSP to keep excursion in check and distortion lower. If you want more SPL than tune higher and use a subsonic filter to control excursion below fb or just change the tune to a different preset and let her go unrestrained.

Sienna SB29 Focal PS165V Alpine SWS10 Mazda CX5 AF GB15 AF GB60 AF GB12 Ford F150 AF GB10 JLC5 Sundown SD310.
JCsAudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement