14 Silverado build help- - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 Jg144 will become famous soon enoughJg144 will become famous soon enoughJg144 will become famous soon enoughJg144 will become famous soon enoughJg144 will become famous soon enoughJg144 will become famous soon enough

Default 14 Silverado build help-

Long time lurker. Planing my build for 14 Silverado crew cab . I have read the other build logs. Have read many of the build logs - makes my head spin -all the information - thank you

Looking to install 2 way w single 10 under rear seat.

GS690 -front doors
GB15 - factory dash location
SD3 10
Alpine PDX-v9- open to other suggestions .

Still trying to choose pre-fab box? - any recommendations

DSP ? Leaning towards helix - considering used dsp.2 or would helix dsp mini be ok - after reading up on the "chime" issue I think I would need to eq the input to tame the chimes. I am new to DSP so want something "user friendly "

I am open to any and all suggestions as I am still in the planning stage .

Last edited by Jg144; 07-23-2019 at 09:03 PM..
Jg144 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2019   #2

Rep Power: 14 saltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enoughsaltyone will become famous soon enough

Sounds like you’re planning to use really nice equipment. I’m not familiar with the Helix DSP but it seems to be popular on this board. I’m using the JL Audio FiX 82 and TwK D8. I’ve been extremely pleased with both.

I can HIGHLY recommend the Fox Acoustics boxes. I run a single Alpine R-Series 12 under my rear passenger seat (Ram Crew). It’s vented to the driver’s side and I believe tuned to 34 hertz. It sounds amazing. It set me back about $170. It perfectly blends with my mids and images beautifully with help from the DSP. I have close to 1,000 watts on it. The build quality is excellent and I couldn’t be happier. I almost spent five times as much on a custom enclosure. I’ve heard the same custom enclosure in another Ram with a JL TW3 ran off a JL RD900. The other Ram has the exact same processing that I have and is also equally sound deadened. My truck sounds light years better. Of course, this is just my opinion...for what it’s worth.

Good luck!

Last edited by saltyone; 07-24-2019 at 07:35 AM..
saltyone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to saltyone For This Useful Post:
Jg144 (07-24-2019)
Old 07-23-2019   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 99 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

Make sire you get a dsp with input gain or some sort of other factory integration module or you'll have loud chimes and blinkers
ToNasty is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ToNasty For This Useful Post:
Jg144 (07-24-2019)

Old 08-10-2019   #4

Rep Power: 0 jlkohel911 will become famous soon enoughjlkohel911 will become famous soon enoughjlkohel911 will become famous soon enoughjlkohel911 will become famous soon enoughjlkohel911 will become famous soon enoughjlkohel911 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: 14 Silverado build help-

16 Silverado double cab here. As far as the DSP I decided to go with the Axxess AX-DSP. Has built in chime control , 6ch in/6ch out, along with 31band EQ, cross overs, clipping detection and many other features. Plus you manipulate it via bluetooth so there is no need to get to the device and turn dials and switches.
I decided to make my own box because I have the high transmission hump and the floor is anything but level. Going to use 3/4 MDF on 5 sides and fiberglass for the bottom. Not only will it let me maximize volume for the .75^ft each of my subs want (DC audio m3 8" x2) but it will fit over the curves minimizing movement, and said curves will add strength to the fiberglass portion of the enclosure.

Good luck on your build! I'll be receiving the rest of my equipment today so I'm excited to get started as well.
jlkohel911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2019   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 0 Kyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enough

I pulled my axxess ax dsp. Depending on what your doing passive vs active the original ax dsp is rather limited. It's super quirky flip a signal on and it mutes a one side of the speakers. Chimes can be adjusted but even at low they sometimes get super loud. If you get in the truck and buckle up before putting the key in the ignition you can avoid that. There's a couple of new axxess DSP models maybe they've addressed these issue however through email complaints to them from others and myself they are aware of the issue and still haven't resolved it. I have it for sale of your interested lol. But I went with the pac amp pro. I never listen to fm or Sirius so the quirk with that product on a non Bose gm isn't a issue for me.

I also have a Helix DSP.2 currently waiting to dial everything in

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Kyleo91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2019   #6
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 0 Kyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enoughKyleo91 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlkohel911 View Post
16 Silverado double cab here. As far as the DSP I decided to go with the Axxess AX-DSP. Has built in chime control , 6ch in/6ch out, along with 31band EQ, cross overs, clipping detection and many other features. Plus you manipulate it via bluetooth so there is no need to get to the device and turn dials and switches.

I decided to make my own box because I have the high transmission hump and the floor is anything but level. Going to use 3/4 MDF on 5 sides and fiberglass for the bottom. Not only will it let me maximize volume for the .75^ft each of my subs want (DC audio m3 8" x2) but it will fit over the curves minimizing movement, and said curves will add strength to the fiberglass portion of the enclosure.

Good luck on your build! I'll be receiving the rest of my equipment today so I'm excited to get started as well.
Post pictures of your box sir. I have the same 16 double cab with the Rockies under the rear seat. Got a lmi welding seat lift kit for mine to help

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Kyleo91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2019   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 99 ToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enoughToNasty will become famous soon enough

I had a little time to play with the axxess for 16 regular cab. It's only good as a loc.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2019   #8

Rep Power: 34 Nineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enough

https://lljcustoms.com/store?olsPage=t%2Fgm-vehicles

Look at LLJ, they some easy plug and play integrations.

If you have the BOSE system I highly recommend the NAV-TV M650GM
Is will take care of the loud chimes and gives a great foundation to build on.

If it's a non-BOSE. PAC makes an integration piece. LLJ has a plug and play harness with the PAC unit and a lot of other great pieces.

As far as DSP, Helix is top notch, if your only needing 6 channels then the DSP Mini is great.
If you're looking to go 3way active with a sub one day then get you would want the DSP.3

I have a 2017 Seirra with bose,
I'm ru ming the NavTv and just swapped from a Zapco Z8 DSP to the Helix Pro MK2. Its amazing.

The amp you have listed in your OP is more than capable.

I'm currently ordering equipment for my co-worke Silverado. He wanted it to good great and it to be simple. We will be running the NavTv, JL Vx700/5i, Audiofrog GB15, GB60 and the JL stealth console enclosure. With a few LLJ pieces.

I recommend you look through their site, they have some great stuff that will the install a breeze.

New Build-
2017 GMC Sierra All-Terrian, Zacpo, Morel, DD Audio
Nineteen69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2019   #9
Upgrade Your Membership!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen69Mach1 View Post
https://lljcustoms.com/store?olsPage=t%2Fgm-vehicles

Look at LLJ, they some easy plug and play integrations.

If you have the BOSE system I highly recommend the NAV-TV M650GM
Is will take care of the loud chimes and gives a great foundation to build on.

If it's a non-BOSE. PAC makes an integration piece. LLJ has a plug and play harness with the PAC unit and a lot of other great pieces.

As far as DSP, Helix is top notch, if your only needing 6 channels then the DSP Mini is great.
If you're looking to go 3way active with a sub one day then get you would want the DSP.3

I have a 2017 Seirra with bose,
I'm ru ming the NavTv and just swapped from a Zapco Z8 DSP to the Helix Pro MK2. Its amazing.

The amp you have listed in your OP is more than capable.

I'm currently ordering equipment for my co-worke Silverado. He wanted it to good great and it to be simple. We will be running the NavTv, JL Vx700/5i, Audiofrog GB15, GB60 and the JL stealth console enclosure. With a few LLJ pieces.

I recommend you look through their site, they have some great stuff that will the install a breeze.
Llj bose harness takes the chimes out as well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement