Help I'm nobbin - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 Iskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enough

Default Help I'm nobbin

Haha thanks for giving this a look. I'm looking to ditch my passive crossovers and go active. I need a 4 channel amp though since atm I'm only using a 2. I have Pyle PLG6C in the front. They aren't bad since my car kinda noisey still. Able those I have ds18 PRO-TW120B. While I'm at it I'll share what I have in the back. Ported jl Single 12 12W3v3-2 powered by a jbl 5501. Also use a soundstream eq and 2-3way crossover. Have my eq gain to about half and the outputs on the crossovers pretty low so I can just increase the volume not sure if that's good? I'm hoping with a active setup the imaging will be better. I just don't like how things mix atm IDK. My back seats are down so I use a 24 slope with a hpf at 63 and lpf at 63. Main question is what's a good amp to run my front speakers.. Thanks
Iskyx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 305 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Help I'm nobbin

What's your budget? And how much space are you willing to give up for your new amp? Lots of decent amps on the cheap these days.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...Dayton HO12d4...MAKE DIYMA GREAT AGAIN!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 69 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskyx View Post
I'm hoping with a active setup the imaging will be better.
This will require time delay which I don't think the equipment you listed is capable of... Unless your using an aftermarket headunit which has it?
If not, ditch the EQ/xover and get a standalone DSP like the Dayton DSP-408 which will give you time delay, xovers, and a much more powerful EQ.
Truthunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019   #4

Rep Power: 0 Iskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enoughIskyx will become famous soon enough

I was thinking about ditched that and going with a dsp. They just seem like a hard to dial in. I'm way down to try it. What are some decently priced ones? I have plenty of room I'm just not sure what a good rms amp for those speakers would be or does it really matter as long as it more than 300;400
Old 07-25-2019   #5

I do have a aftermarket head unit just a 100$ double din pioneer.
Old 07-25-2019   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 305 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

The Dayton 408 is a good cheap dsp to use. You'll need a measurement mic and a laptop to tune with. Plenty of tuning tutorials to get you going. Look up Kyle Ragsdale's tuning tutorials on youtube. He uses a Helix dsp but the general idea is universal across all processors. I know going with a real processor seems like a big impossible step but once you get the hang of it you'll be golden. HOWEVER, how your speakers are installed as far as door treatments and sealing off the backwave will make just as much if not more of a difference than a processor can make.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...Dayton HO12d4...MAKE DIYMA GREAT AGAIN!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-25-2019   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 69 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I have Pyle PLG6C in the front. They aren't bad since my car kinda noisey still. Able those I have ds18 PRO-TW120B.
So to clarify there is a Pyle PLG6C component set AND a ds18 PRO-tw120b tweeters in the front?

If that is the case, loose the ds18 tweeters. Having more than 1 set of tweeters is not desirable if your goal is to get better imaging.

The Pyle components only need 50-100wrms. So any decent quality 4ch amp rated thereabouts should work.
Old 07-25-2019   #8

What do you mean door treatments?
Old 07-25-2019   #9

I forgot to say the tweeters blew awhile back and I wanted some more hi end
Old 07-25-2019   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
What do you mean door treatments?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3EXuHlBy4M&t=552s
Old 07-25-2019   #11

Rep Power: 5 jtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enoughjtrosky will become famous soon enough

I sound-deadened the doors, rear-deck and even the roof in my other car and it made a huge difference. Not only does it reduce outside noise, but it greatly enhances the mid-bass from the doors, reduces vibration rattles and I'm sure some other more technical "stuff". Really need to do that with my current car - especially the doors and rear-deck.

I used this stuff called "Noico 80-mil" and "Noico Liner" and was really impressed with it - especially for the price.
jtrosky is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2019   #12

Nice I'll check out that liner and the other stuff thanks man
Sponsored Links
Advertisement