Which speakers for front stage? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 0 tv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enough

Exclamation Which speakers for front stage?

My car is a 2013 honda accord coupe.

Running front stage only. Looking to run passive.

Not sure if I should go with:

Audiofrog G60S

or

Morel Virtus 602

or spend more and get

Morel Hybrids

What are your thoughts?
tv_crimes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2

Rep Power: 0 tv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enoughtv_crimes will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Which speakers for front stage?

Forgot to mention I listen to all genres of music.
My listening fluctuates a lot.
top 40, country, jazz, rock, movie scores, podcasts, reggae, metal, edm, hip hop, indie, etc
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 304 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go with the Frogs simply because they're a smaller business.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...I'd rather be hated for my honesty than loved for being fake
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
Hey HillBilly, Could you elaborate on that a bit. Is this a support small business statement? Or do smaller companies have better QC and better customer service?

Just want to make sure I understand you. Thanks!
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 304 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tv_crimes View Post
Hey HillBilly, Could you elaborate on that a bit. Is this a support small business statement? Or do smaller companies have better QC and better customer service?

Well mainly to support a small business and the products they put out are quite good for the money in my opinion. But to be honest with you I haven't seen any user info on the g-series component set. The only known QC issues I've seen on Audiofrog is the chincy set screw terminals the GB series has. Likely caused by people cranking down way too hard.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...I'd rather be hated for my honesty than loved for being fake
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6

Quote:
Well mainly to support a small business and the products they put out are quite good for the money in my opinion. But to be honest with you I haven't seen any user info on the g-series component set. The only known QC issues I've seen on Audiofrog is the chincy set screw terminals the GB series has. Likely caused by people cranking down way too hard.

Thanks for the info HillBilly. DIYMA seems to say overwhelmingly positive things about Audiofrog. The audiofrog components I listed are also the cheapest option. I'm currently doing my dream build so my budget is pretty big, but savings is always a bonus. I could go with the audiofrogs and if I really need more speaker, sell them and upgrade in the near future. But they might just fit my needs perfectly.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7

Rep Power: 35 Petererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm currently doing my dream build :
why not go active on a dream build?
Petererc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petererc View Post
why not go active on a dream build?
Simple answer... I'm a noob.

I'm doing the install myself and want to simplify my initial workload. I have done a couple of car audio installs in the past but this will be my biggest project. This project will be deadening the entire vehicle, installing the components and doing a tune.

I'm sure soon after I will be ready to go active and retune the car.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9

Rep Power: 35 Petererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enough

I get it, noob myself. Did a couple of passive installs in the past and when I traded in the truck decided to run active, knew very little about active and a lot less than I thought I knew. With help from Google and these forums, I pulled it off. Just throwing it out there, with people on this sites knowledge and helpfulness anything is possible.
Petererc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10

Rep Power: 31 Nineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enough

If you're looking to go Passive and maybe possibly one day down the road, going active.
I was save a little more go with Morel Hybrid.
They are amazing components that sound GREAT passive and even better one you go active. They are a little power hungry running passive.

Go Morel Hybrid

New Build-
2017 GMC Sierra All-Terrian, Zacpo, Morel, DD Audio
Nineteen69Mach1 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineteen69Mach1 View Post
If you're looking to go Passive and maybe possibly one day down the road, going active.
I was save a little more go with Morel Hybrid.
They are amazing components that sound GREAT passive and even better one you go active. They are a little power hungry running passive.

Go Morel Hybrid
I've been doing my research on the hybrids. People say a lot of good things about them. I think my options are the Audiofrog GB line or the hybrids. What is so great about the hybrids. I feel like at that price point you probably can't go too wrong.
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12

Rep Power: 31 Nineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enough

?? So now the Audiofrog GB series? That different than your original post of G60S
That's going from a $350 component set to a $1200 (active) $1600 (passive) component set, assuming your staying with a 2 way set up.
The Morel Hybrid 602 is an $800 set, only a couple hundred more than the GS line with the passive crossover....

If now, you're looking to spend $1600 for a 2way component set, you may want to compare the GB's to the Morel Elate's. The Elate 602 are only $1500 and the passive crossovers are Bi-ampable, whereas the GB's are not with their passive crossover.

Big set up from the G60S, GS's and Hybrid's

New Build-

Last edited by Nineteen69Mach1; 3 Weeks Ago at 03:18 PM..
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13

Quote:
Quote:

Audiofrog is a great company with great support (you're able to talk to Andy the owner directly) and their OC is good, product is made in China.
Their speakers are winning awards left and right.
It's a small operation in comparison to others.

Morel has a world class R&D department, it's a much bigger company making some of the best speakers in the world. Their QC is great and production is in Israel where the company is from. Their speakers wins awards all the time in the car audio and home audio sectors.

New Build-
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 369 bbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond reputebbfoto has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My car is a 2013 honda accord coupe.

Running front stage only. Looking to run passive.

Not sure if I should go with:

Audiofrog G60S

or

Morel Virtus 602

or spend more and get

Morel Hybrids

What are your thoughts?

Do you already have an amplifier for this setup??? If so, its available channels and power output capabilities would probably influence my speaker choices and suggestions.

The Morel Hybrids are excellent...and so are the Audiofrog GB-series. But if you go with the Audiofrogs, it would make more sense to go active with a DSP because you can get the Dayton Audio DSP-408 or a better miniDSP for the same price or less than the Audiofrog GB passive crossover networks.

Are the OEM head unit outputs that you will utilize in your Accord Line Level RCA or Speaker-Level (high level) outputs?

Or will you be using an aftermarket head unit or another source for your music playback?
bbfoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement