DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

$1000-$1500 on mids

5K views 46 replies 20 participants last post by  Dangerranger 
#1 ·
looking at spending 1000-1500 on mids, been through alot of high end gear and im sick of needing change, big budget i know, but i want it to keep me happy for awhile, looking at some 8s that can be crossed down to 40hz and play upto about 500-800hz.

IB would be ideal but i can make a box if need be, ported might do nicely too.

cheers guys.

#32 ·
Do they have to be 8s, I am running Audio Devolpment MM6s in my doors. I have them crossed a little lower than 40Hz all the way up to 2.2k. And they sound wonderful. I got many compliments from a little over an hour of tuning from spring break nationals. Midbass is terrific.

#38 ·
cheers for the info guys, the ES-06 is gone now, i love the idea of an XBL midbass, and thats pretty cheap too, i think exodus audio has recently made one, might look into that, from what i remembered it was pretty bottom heavy and had a good amount of excursion on it.

#42 ·
ok so after doing a tad more research i've opted to go for the 9" Supremos, high Q and they will play rather low and have good output due to the added cone area, thanks every one for your help!

now i need to go with a nice midrange that can play from 500-3000hz with output, any opinions? high budget on these too.

#47 ·
x2^ really it doesn't take much for even a low Qts driver to drop down low in a door. and most lower Qts drivers have a lower Fs.

The Morels may be ok, but really they're not particularly linear. I think a lot of people confuse a lot of bass distortion as being a lot of bass output, which really isn't the case. The inset magnet system on Morels and Dyns causes a lot of motor and suspension induced distortion. In terms of output and being clean at high volumes I'd trust the SEAS or Peerless SDS before I would those.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.