Mosconi DSP 6to8 pics - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2011   #26
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 bose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Mosconi DSP 6to8 pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewo View Post
"- you are able to control your volume with your headunit, while useing the digital in. so you donīt need a additional controller as the bitone needs it"

i dont see how that is possible, i havent heard of a headunit that has a variable digital output, in car audio. thats not how they work. a digital optical output is always the same no mater where the source volume is, the dsp will control the output volume on the analog side. thats the whole point of digital is just information in bit, no volume adjustments.

i dont understand how you could use the source units volume control to control the digital output unless the processor was hooked up to the analog also and was using the volume signal from the rca(analogy output) but using the actual audio from the digital output of the source unit, now thats a good idea, maybe thats it...
That was going to be my guess.

Car System:
Stock for now
bose301s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2011   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 bose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enoughbose301s will become famous soon enough

If this lives up to it's billing I am so in, basically an expanded Zapco DSP6 with newer software and more channels.

Car System:
Stock for now
Old 03-22-2011   #28

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 252 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Quote:
"- you are able to control your volume with your headunit, while useing the digital in. so you donīt need a additional controller as the bitone needs it"

i dont see how that is possible, i havent heard of a headunit that has a variable digital output, in car audio. thats not how they work. a digital optical output is always the same no mater where the source volume is, the dsp will control the output volume on the analog side. thats the whole point of digital is just information in bit, no volume adjustments.

i dont understand how you could use the source units volume control to control the digital output unless the processor was hooked up to the analog also and was using the volume signal from the rca(analogy output) but using the actual audio from the digital output of the source unit, now thats a good idea, maybe thats it.... if that is how it works that is a really good idea, and audison should have done it.

anyways, i doubt it would make my switch over to it, my bitone has served me well for almost 2 years no with no problems. also i tend to love the dash controller, i use it for controlling the sub output mostly, and changing presets. also the bitone's software is about the best right now.
They could be referring specifically to car with a MOST system and a Mobridge digital preamp. Where the head unit keeps all the tone and volume functionality and the Modbridge device supplies a compatible S/PDIF signal for the processor. All in the digital domain.
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2011   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 147 matthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enoughmatthewo will become famous soon enough

gocha, that wouldnt help me... i wish audison would just come out with some firware updates with new features in the software, i bet there are a few including my self, that if the right stuff came along would pay good money for it.
matthewo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011   #30
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 nepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
If this lives up to it's billing I am so in, basically an expanded Zapco DSP6 with newer software and more channels.
DSP8 is not that far away from being released. I know someone that was testing a DSP8 not too long ago

2005 BMW 530i- Dynaudio Esotar2 110,430,650,1200s
Brax Matrix MX4s/Ixos/Straightwire
2000 Honda Prelude- Daily Driver..Stock for now.
nepl29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011   #31
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 308 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepl29 View Post
DSP8 is not that far away from being released. I know someone that was testing a DSP8 not too long ago
Will it ever come out with Matt Roberts not being part of Zapco anymore?

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2011   #32
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 308 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

i dont understand how you could use the source units volume control to control the digital output unless the processor was hooked up to the analog also and was using the volume signal from the rca(analogy output) but using the actual audio from the digital output of the source unit, now thats a good idea, maybe thats it.... if that is how it works that is a really good idea, and audison should have done it.

anyways, i doubt it would make my switch over to it, my bitone has served me well for almost 2 years no with no problems. also i tend to love the dash controller, i use it for controlling the sub output mostly, and changing presets. also the bitone's software is about the best right now.
I thought exactly that

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Old 03-23-2011   #33
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 139 Barnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enoughBarnie will become famous soon enough

im looking forward to having a play when we get them, software is fully upgradable and i believe there is some extra hardware in there that will be turned on or come into use with future upgrades

software is ready and i should have a preview copy in the next few weeks, should of had it a few weeks ago but turned out a bigger file than first though
Barnie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 113 SSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enough

Well in regards to the cost issue, it depends on features... You could pick up the DEX-99 and have a decent amount of processing in an all in one unit. In the case of the stand alones you spend $800 plus say $400-600 for a headunit. But if the features are broader that what the 99 offers it can be worth while. That was one of my hang ups with the old P9, it was a nice unit but didn't have all the flexibility I needed...
SSexpo03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011   #35
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSexpo03 View Post
Well in regards to the cost issue, it depends on features... You could pick up the DEX-99 and have a decent amount of processing in an all in one unit. In the case of the stand alones you spend $800 plus say $400-600 for a headunit. But if the features are broader that what the 99 offers it can be worth while. That was one of my hang ups with the old P9, it was a nice unit but didn't have all the flexibility I needed...
The P99 doesn't have PEQ or not a lot.
The GEQ in the P99 is 1/3 oct only.
Which means the Mosconi processor is way above in terms of versatility.

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
Old 03-23-2011   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 113 SSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enoughSSexpo03 will become famous soon enough

Absolutely, like I said it all depends on the functions you need. As far as EQ the P9 had all I needed it was the crossover settings that I would have liked more freedom in. A unit that was fully open and let you set any frequency and slope as well as EQ, TA, etc is great to have if you need it. Some do, some don't...
SSexpo03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 158 nepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post
Will it ever come out with Matt Roberts not being part of Zapco anymore?

Kelvin
Yes it will.

2005 BMW 530i- Dynaudio Esotar2 110,430,650,1200s
Brax Matrix MX4s/Ixos/Straightwire
2000 Honda Prelude- Daily Driver..Stock for now.
nepl29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2011   #38
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepl29 View Post
Yes it will.
Good to know

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
Old 03-23-2011   #39
DIYMA 500 Club

If the DSP8 from Zapco comes out ( still skeptical ) how will it compare to the DSP6, identical software and hardware with 2 more channels? If so then I think the Mosconi may have the advantage still.

Car System:
Stock for now
Old 03-23-2011   #40
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bose301s View Post
If the DSP8 from Zapco comes out ( still skeptical ) how will it compare to the DSP6, identical software and hardware with 2 more channels? If so then I think the Mosconi may have the advantage still.
I read on the forum that the software is different (hardware? assuming yes) but not the interface since it was great to use.

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
Old 03-25-2011   #41
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Sneetch

Rep Power: 202 Boostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really nice

The GUI for this unit from Mosconi will be the make/break thing for many, myself included. The Zapco processor has the best GUI on the market hands down! With Audison's GUI being awful, IMHO.

Team Stereo Integrity member
Boostedrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011   #42

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,164 Times in 551 Posts
Rep Power: 26019 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Anyone know who I could contact about getting one of these for a review for this site?

Just throwing it out there...

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011   #43

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Anyone know who I could contact about getting one of these for a review for this site?

Just throwing it out there...
maybe nick wingate?
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011   #44

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,164 Times in 551 Posts
Rep Power: 26019 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Contact info?
I'll drop him a line and see if he'd be interested in letting us get one for review.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011   #45
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 279 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

Just FYI, Matt Roberts was never a Zapco employee. You guys are probably thinking about Robert Rugani.
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011   #46
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Sneetch

Rep Power: 202 Boostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really niceBoostedrex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehatedguy View Post
Just FYI, Matt Roberts was never a Zapco employee. You guys are probably thinking about Robert Rugani.
Whew! And here I thought Kelvin knew something about Matt Roberts that I didn't. The departure of Robert Sr. and Jr. from Zapco is why I don't want to use a DSP6 in my car.

Erin, just shot you a text message about Mosconi.

Team Stereo Integrity member
Boostedrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011   #47
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Oups... My bad then for the mis-info

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
Old 03-25-2011   #48

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Contact info?
I'll drop him a line and see if he'd be interested in letting us get one for review.
He is a member on here by the SN of Mitsu1grn... hope that helps..
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011   #49
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA lurker

Rep Power: 182 Ludemandan will become famous soon enoughLudemandan will become famous soon enoughLudemandan will become famous soon enoughLudemandan will become famous soon enoughLudemandan will become famous soon enoughLudemandan will become famous soon enough

This really does look like it has the potential to combine the best features of the DSP6 and BitOne while leaving behind the flaws. I take back what I said about it being overpriced.

2004 Audi S4
Horsepower to the people
Ludemandan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2011   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 189 BigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really nice

I'll have mine in may

Nick would be a good starting point to Try and get a hold of one

Boosted, what r u gonna run bro?

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement