Pioneer's SPANKING new DEH-80PRS. Pioneer's knockout punch to Alpine's CDA-117? - Page 110 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2016   #2726

Rep Power: 0 rscecil007 will become famous soon enoughrscecil007 will become famous soon enoughrscecil007 will become famous soon enoughrscecil007 will become famous soon enoughrscecil007 will become famous soon enoughrscecil007 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Pioneer's SPANKING new DEH-80PRS. Pioneer's knockout punch to Alpine's CDA-117?

Folks,

I about to order this and upgrade from my older PRS-800 so I can load up my old Ipod classic with all my music (using uncompressed WAV or AIFF, or ALAC per Pioneer) and just keep in the truck.

I was also going to get the Pioneer CD-IU51 cable for the Ipod (although can I use the actual Ipod cable for this?) Be good if whatever I used was a it longer in length...

I also thought about a USB "extender" wire to run from the back of the unit to the glove box or whatever, just so I wouldn't ever have to pull the unit out of the dash later on for any reason. Something like this: Amazon.com: PAC USBCBL 6-Feet USB Cable with Mounting Bracket: Car Electronics

Is there anything else anyone would suggest I order? Thanks for the help!
rscecil007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016   #2727
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 sbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Pioneer's SPANKING new DEH-80PRS. Pioneer's knockout punch to Alpine's CDA-117?

I just use cheapo extension cables and they work fine haven't had to replace one yet

Sent from my iPhone(Maci) using Tapatalk
sbeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2016   #2728
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 91 ghionw will become famous soon enoughghionw will become famous soon enoughghionw will become famous soon enoughghionw will become famous soon enoughghionw will become famous soon enoughghionw will become famous soon enough

I think I used one from monoprice that was relatively cheap. I use it to connect to my factory usb port in my center console. Shouldn't need more than that.
ghionw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016   #2729
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 dsteinschneider will become famous soon enoughdsteinschneider will become famous soon enoughdsteinschneider will become famous soon enoughdsteinschneider will become famous soon enoughdsteinschneider will become famous soon enoughdsteinschneider will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by haberdashing View Post
I just ordered a 80prs to install to my generic monsoon mk4 gti system. Which settings did you use? There is like switch on the back with hi/mid/low, or something else idk?
Hi Haberdashing,

Really apologize, didn't see your post back in Feb. When setting up in a Passat you don't choose network on the DEH-80PRS - that's the setting for when you are sending pre-amp mid/low/hi out to separate amps. I know it seems weird to send speaker outs to the Monsoon amp but that's the way the Monsoon works. I guess it deals with the signal levels in some way that in the end works quite well. The Monsoon amp and speakers actually sound pretty good once the DEH-80PRS is the source.
dsteinschneider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016   #2730
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 joeydfish will become famous soon enoughjoeydfish will become famous soon enoughjoeydfish will become famous soon enoughjoeydfish will become famous soon enoughjoeydfish will become famous soon enoughjoeydfish will become famous soon enough

Hi all, does this HU support FLAC yet?
joeydfish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016   #2731
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 359 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydfish View Post
Hi all, does this HU support FLAC yet?
No. And it probably never will.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
2015 MECA SQL Street | 2017 & 2018 MECA Modex California State Champion
Sonic Electronix Discount Code: hutsell
rton20s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016   #2732

Rep Power: 65 lynchknot will become famous soon enoughlynchknot will become famous soon enoughlynchknot will become famous soon enoughlynchknot will become famous soon enoughlynchknot will become famous soon enoughlynchknot will become famous soon enough

Is anyone else experiencing an occasional "pop" in the speakers when using the buttons?
lynchknot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016   #2733
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 359 rton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond reputerton20s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchknot View Post
Is anyone else experiencing an occasional "pop" in the speakers when using the buttons?
Nothing like this on mine.

Pioneer DEH-80PRS | Helix DSP.2 | Zapco Z-150.6 AP + Z-400.2 AP (x2) | Illusion TL 25 BN | Illusion C5 | Raven 10XL (x2)
Old 04-04-2016   #2734

Location: 28, Boughlone way, Bellingham, Portlaoise, Co. Laois, Ireland

Rep Power: 0 djoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enough

Hello Folks, I just bought 80prs 2 days ago. I'm still not sure is it the right deal for me and have an option to send it back to amazon, if I'm not happy. So, my case is that: have a Megane 2 - update list HU. Changed the front speakers with these: Pioneer TS-Q131C - which should be the easiest way to change the original ones. Didn't got the expected improvement over and choose to change the HU. Then I saw 80prs and the whole these positive feedbacks. Never had high end HU and the needed skills to go for active with that unit. I read this is the main advantage over the rest. So, are Pioneer TS-Q131C good for that, am I needing to change the whole wires, is there a chance to have front and back speakers + active underseat subwoofer like Kenwood KSC-SW11 using only the HU's outputs. I would like to be clear, that the underseat sub is the only way for me and that small car. I'm reading now the whole pages history back for answers, but need a faster response, can I get to the max as possible with that HU and these components: Pioneer TS-Q131C for front speakers, the OEM speakers for back and underseat sub without amplifier? Huge thanks in advance and Rest Regards.
djoten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2016   #2735
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

The 80PRS certainly has the capability to maximize the performance of your equipment selection more than any other head unit in the price range. Whether or not you have the skills to do so or if the equipment selection is the best for your car/budget are different questions entirely. It may be worth trying the autotune feature and see if that is to your liking.

Old 04-05-2016   #2736

Location: 28, Boughlone way, Bellingham, Portlaoise, Co. Laois, Ireland

Rep Power: 0 djoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enoughdjoten will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your advice. I really don't want to place amps and to deal with extra cables. Any ideas how to connect Pioneer TS-WX110A / PIONEER TS-WX120A if I just stay passive?
djoten is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2016   #2737
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoten View Post
Thanks for your advice. I really don't want to place amps and to deal with extra cables. Any ideas how to connect Pioneer TS-WX110A / PIONEER TS-WX120A if I just stay passive?
I believe all you would need is to run a set of RCAs from the Sub/Low output of the DEH-80PRS to whichever of the Pioneer subwoofers you choose.

Old 04-17-2016   #2738
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 62 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Any of you 80PRS owners know if I can run a sort-of 4-way active setup? I'd like to do stereo midranges on 2 channels, stereo tweeters on 2 channels, midbass on 1 channel and sub on 1 channel. I know it has 6 channels, but don't know if they're fully independent. Does the PRS allow that sort of thing?
rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2016   #2739
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 sbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enoughsbeezy will become famous soon enough

No. The pre outs are only frs, or hml in network mode. For a true 4way setup with a 80prs the only options you have are to run the outputs to an outboard processing device. Or pick up the info I gathered on adding an optical output to the 80prs and send that to a processing device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-17-2016   #2740
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Rep Power: 62 rob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enoughrob feature will become famous soon enough

Cheers! sbeezy
Old 04-17-2016   #2741
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 212 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

Default Pioneer's SPANKING new DEH-80PRS. Pioneer's knockout punch to Alpine's CDA-117?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob feature View Post
Any of you 80PRS owners know if I can run a sort-of 4-way active setup? I'd like to do stereo midranges on 2 channels, stereo tweeters on 2 channels, midbass on 1 channel and sub on 1 channel. I know it has 6 channels, but don't know if they're fully independent. Does the PRS allow that sort of thing?

What you could do is just add on a minidsp 4-Channel for $200 for the HD version or just over $100 for the regular version. Would work great.

2008 Civic Si Sedan - Fiio X5ii SPDIF, Phone USB HEC, Helix DSP Pro-2, Helix Director, JL XD1000/5v2 (2), Audiofrog GB10/GB25/GB60, Acoustic Elegance SBP12 (2)
Build Log
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2016   #2742
DIYMA 500 Club

Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babs View Post
What you could do is just add on a minidsp 4-Channel for $200 for the HD version or just over $100 for the regular version. Would work great.
Well there's an option. I was hoping to avoid adding more hardware though & may abandon the 4-way idea altogether for the sake of simplicity. And since I wouldn't have that easy option it just became less likely. I still think I'm going to install an 80PRS soon unless I find a good reason not to.
Old 04-17-2016   #2743
DIYMA 500 Club

It's wonderful as you can tune it to be with the right speakers and vehicle treatments in network mode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-24-2016   #2744

Rep Power: 59 jonah1810 will become famous soon enoughjonah1810 will become famous soon enoughjonah1810 will become famous soon enoughjonah1810 will become famous soon enoughjonah1810 will become famous soon enoughjonah1810 will become famous soon enough

Hey i was wondering if anybody has tested the head unit's internal amp. I know i saw a video where a guy tested thd with the amp off, and also tested the voltage of the preouts (at 62 volume it put out 4.8v, at 0.05% thd if i recall)

but i was more so wondering at what volume the internal amp clips, and how many "clean" watts it can actually put out. (as i have my tweeters powered by this unit) has anybody tested it for these things?
jonah1810 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2016   #2745

Rep Power: 52 KrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enoughKrautNotRice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonah1810 View Post
Hey i was wondering if anybody has tested the head unit's internal amp. I know i saw a video where a guy tested thd with the amp off, and also tested the voltage of the preouts (at 62 volume it put out 4.8v, at 0.05% thd if i recall)

but i was more so wondering at what volume the internal amp clips, and how many "clean" watts it can actually put out. (as i have my tweeters powered by this unit) has anybody tested it for these things?
Hi,
I haven't measured it myself, but on Sonicelectronix.com it's listed at 14w x 4 and it's CEA-2006 compliant, meaning the output wattage isn't hyped up. Hope that helps!
Pioneer DEH-80PRS Audiophile CD/MP3/USB Car Stereo w/ Bluetooth
KrautNotRice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2016   #2746
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 132 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Does anybody know if the vol knob's plastic is painted black or if it's solid black plastic?

I was hopping to put some aluminum tape on part of it, not sure if once removed either the black paint or the silver ring around it will peel off the paint

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2017   #2747
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 132 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Does anyone know or remember what the default setting for the sound retrieval setting is? Off 1 or 2?
I keep find extra sound effects setting gimmicks ASL, sound retrieval, loudness more features more things to play and learn.

Al

Pioneer Deh 80 Prs, JBL MS amps

Last edited by Alrojoca; 04-01-2017 at 08:45 AM..
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2017   #2748

Rep Power: 78 lurch will become famous soon enoughlurch will become famous soon enoughlurch will become famous soon enoughlurch will become famous soon enoughlurch will become famous soon enoughlurch will become famous soon enough

it is set to OFF originally.
i keep it off, experimented with it for a long time but found that it made things
sound unnatural, too bright in a weird way, too honky in others, depended on the
recording a LOT.
and the loudness.... i love the loudness setting on this deck, just love it.
if the amp gains are set correctly the loudness is just awesome.

in youth we learn.
in age we understand.
lurch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to lurch For This Useful Post:
Bruneti (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017   #2749
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 bassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished roadbassfreak85 is on a distinguished road

Send a message via ICQ to bassfreak85

Havent been impressed with lioneer in 15 years
bassfreak85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2017   #2750

Rep Power: 52 Vx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enoughVx220 will become famous soon enough

Just finished my install (Inc. DEH80PRS) yesterday, really pleased with it.
Vx220 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement