PS8 popping in cold weather, potential blown speakers - Page 6 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2012   #126
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 949 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: PS8 popping in cold weather, potential blown speakers

They shipped the unit without an instruction manual?

chad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2012   #127
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 267 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Yarp. HUUUUUUUGE fuck up on their part.

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012   #128

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 BuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
It's called advertising. Every rep here does it. I know shortly Fred was out of the country when Buick's issues started. Kinda hard to fault a guy for not checking in. And as always, he could have called Arc.

Who said to call for EVERY question? Stop being a douchebag just to try and make a point. Yes, Arc is behind on the manual. It SHOULD have been ready at the shipping date. None of that is related to Buick's problem.
I did call ARC and you don't know what the problem is so you can't make that conclusion.
BuickGN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012   #129
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 166 BowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enoughBowDown will become famous soon enough

So what was the problem? Swapped the + and - feed? Really... There's not a whole lot to the physical dsp install.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy S III 32gb via tapatalk 2.

2010 Fusion Sport: SQ InstallSubwoofer In-Dash

Team Audiofrog | Team Syracuse Customs

Encore 8 | MF DAC | RPM88 | XDi 1200.6 | MR2150 | GB12 | GB60 | GB25 | GB10
BowDown is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012   #130
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 192 BigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really nice

I don't know, Andy has been real good at avoiding the jet noise problem and still comment on everything else

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012   #131

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,527 Times in 668 Posts
Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

personally, if I were a mfg and saw half the retarded shit people said and the lengths they went through to post a problem publicly and avoid contacting me so I could help fix it and possibly alert others if there's a legitimate problem... I wouldn't want to post on the forum, either. Just sayin'.

I don't know how Andy does it. Maybe he gets paid by post from his company's marketing department. That, or the dude is a masochist. No offense, Andy.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012   #132
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 267 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
I did call ARC and you don't know what the problem is so you can't make that conclusion.
That what? He was out of the country when your issue started? It's not a conclusion, it's fact. Does ANYONE know what the problem is? You haven't even sent it to Arc yet. They could troubleshoot it over the internet but you haven't done that either.

Old 11-26-2012   #133
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed View Post
I don't know, Andy has been real good at avoiding the jet noise problem and still comment on everything else
I thought when that started he simply said "unplug the mic, dumbass" or something to that effect. lol

Old 11-26-2012   #134
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Rep Power: 123 oca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
personally, if I were a mfg and saw half the retarded shit people said and the lengths they went through to post a problem publicly and avoid contacting me so I could help fix it and possibly alert others if there's a legitimate problem... I wouldn't want to post on the forum, either. Just sayin'.

I don't know how Andy does it. Maybe he gets paid by post from his company's marketing department. That, or the dude is a masochist. No offense, Andy.
LOL, I would quit if I were given the task to deal with diyma members. Mark Brooks is another example, though not as extreme because he sells directly on here and benefits financially directly... but the dude will take calls 24/7, he answers PMs at all hours of the day and night, and I had a conversation w/ him when it was 4am where he is. I've seen him get bashed in various threads. Of course, he doesn't have Andy's patience, but still...
I know I'm thankful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal

frogrammin
oca123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2012   #135
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I think Mark is a little different situation since DIYMA is almost his entire customer base. I know what you mean though. It's nice to have that available but I could never bring myself to call a manufacturer at 4AM, even if it was a personal friend.

Old 11-26-2012   #136

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26024 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse. And apparently his other neighbor wants to get jiggy with him. So.. He stays busy.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 11-26-2012   #137
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Rep Power: 123 oca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enoughoca123 will become famous soon enough

This is going downhill. I like it.
anyway, Buick was kind enough to PM me what happened. It's probably user error.... it happens. I think he said he will post what happened tomorrow.

So, it's not the horse that wants to get jiggy with Mark?

Quote:

frogrammin
Old 11-26-2012   #138
Upgrade Your Membership!

Director of Whatever

Quote:
I think Mark is a little different situation since DIYMA is almost his entire customer base. I know what you mean though. It's nice to have that available but I could never bring myself to call a manufacturer at 4AM, even if it was a personal friend.
booty call?

Quote:

frogrammin
Old 11-26-2012   #139
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 192 BigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really nice

Quote:
I thought when that started he simply said "unplug the mic, dumbass" or something to that effect. lol
Oh yeah , it was the mic....NOT!! Lmao

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012   #140

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 BuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to beholdBuickGN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That what? He was out of the country when your issue started? It's not a conclusion, it's fact. Does ANYONE know what the problem is? You haven't even sent it to Arc yet. They could troubleshoot it over the internet but you haven't done that either.
It's not hard to understand. I had a problem. I called Arc. They said to send it in. I found the problem before I had a chance to send it in. Im waiting one more cold morning free of pops to call it good. As i said at least 3 times if what I did fixed it, the problem is my fault, something i screwed up. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. If I weren't concerned about Arc's reputation I would just let this thread die with all of the shit talkers. If you take the time to read instead of looking for any excuse to talk shit I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself. So sit back and shut up or you might never know the outcome.
Old 11-27-2012   #141

Rep Power: 160 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Mostly because every time Fred DOES come on here, to help or not, some of the members get on the "Arc isn't a manufacturer" train and start talking all kinds of shit. I don't blame him. I wouldn't come here either.
Exactly!! He isn't the only company rep that has distanced themselves from this forum either.
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012   #142
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuickGN View Post
It's not hard to understand. I had a problem. I called Arc. They said to send it in. I found the problem before I had a chance to send it in. Im waiting one more cold morning free of pops to call it good. As i said at least 3 times if what I did fixed it, the problem is my fault, something i screwed up. I'm not sure what's so hard to understand. If I weren't concerned about Arc's reputation I would just let this thread die with all of the shit talkers. If you take the time to read instead of looking for any excuse to talk shit I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself. So sit back and shut up or you might never know the outcome.
I don't really care what the issue is. I know it's not the PS8 like all the "it's chip is not rated for automotive use" wagon jumpers claimed. If nothing else I just wanted to see people backpedal from a retarded WAG when you DID find the problem. Call it morbid curiosity.

And you REALLY need to get that chop off your shoulder. Jesus Christ...

Old 11-27-2012   #143

Enthusiast

Quote:
I don't really care what the issue is. I know it's not the PS8 like all the "it's chip is not rated for automotive use" wagon jumpers claimed. If nothing else I just wanted to see people backpedal from a retarded WAG when you DID find the problem. Call it morbid curiosity.

And you REALLY need to get that chop off your shoulder. Jesus Christ...
Me with a chip on MY shoulder? Have you ever read your own posts?

No one is going to back track. If anyone made a mistake it was only me. Believe me when I say I'm keeping the peace. If I summarized some PMs I've received from some very well respected members, no one who has posted in this thread, it would not end here. So tone down the self righteousness and enjoy the show.

The "wagon jumper" you talk about owned and sold his PS8 long before my post and he most certainly did not seem as though he was on any wagon. In fact it seemed just the opposite but I can't speak for him. . I'm not sure why you have to be on a wagon as you imply in the first place. Arcs customer service is top notch as is the PS8. You continue being Arcs #1 fan maybe you can get a mod to setup an alert to page you if there's any anti Arc propaganda and you can blindly defend their honor at all hours of the night.
Old 11-27-2012   #144
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Audiofrog Inc.
Position:
President

Rep Power: 584 Andy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond repute

Big Red,
I cannot fix the jet engine noise. I'm not a code-writer. All I can do is replace units and I've replaced units in and out of warranty, purchased through authorized dealers and those not purchased through authorized dealers. I haven't avoided it and I've appreciated the help in troubleshooting that people on this forum have provided. I spend countless hours here answering all kinds of questions--MS-8 related and plenty of others. I've done my best to help you--in fact, you came to my house so I could help you tweak yours--you're not the only one, either.

To the rest:

I don't denigrate other people's products and that's more than I can say about a few of those who compete with my products. I do call out BS when I see it, though. I've purchased and explained the differences between MS-8 and BitOne, Alpine PXE-Hxx, CarPCs, Rockford 360 and every other processor available and have called out what they do well and why someone would choose them over MS-8. In fact, I've suggested several times to several people that they might be happier with a competing model. I've also put many of those other products through our reliability testing procedure, so I know how they fare in terms of longevity when they're installed in cars. In some cases, I probably know more about those things than their tech support people and their trainers do. When I travel and do clinics all over the world, I tune those products, But I don't bad-mouth them. Providing good products is hard work, whether that work is in designing from the ground up, designing part of the product, or specifying a product to be designed by someone else. When you go to the burger joint, is the hamburger worse or less worthy of respect if you find they've used Heinz ketchup rather than making their own? The experience in buying and using a product is a combination of product performance, purchase experience and customer service. I think that the latter is the most important, and that's why I do what I do.

As far as Arc not being a manufacturer? That's a bunch of crap. They spec their products, they have designers in house and they use consultants to do some additional design work. They have ODM (original design manufacturers) build the products, just like EVERY OTHER car audio COMPANY.

Here is a list of a few of thoseODMs who build products for everyone:

EverVictory (Amps, speakers, head units, subwoofers)
Ultimate Sound (Amps, speakers, subwoofers, cabinets)
Meiloon (Speakers, subwoofers)
Artco (Amps, speakers, subwoofers)
Sonavox (Amps, speakers)
ESTEC (Speakers and subwoofers)
ForYou (Head Units--the biggest head unit supplier in the world)
Foster (Speakers, subwoofers)
LiteOn (electronics)
GGEC (Speakers)
Tymphany (Speakers, Subwoofers, Cabinets)
Actiway (Amps and electronics)
Bravox (Speakers)

And the list goes on and on and on. These companies provide design engineering and manufacturing. They'll build what you ask them to build, or you can choose from one of their designs. They usually won't build something better than what you ask for, so it's important to be involved and to be competent in working with them. That's the way it works. Arc Audio is no different than any other company--they design stuff and someone builds it.

Sorry to derail this thread. Buick, I hope you get your issue resolved.
Andy Wehmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012   #145
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 949 chad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond reputechad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mark's an up late kinda dude. His neighbor has a horse.
I'm sorry dude but this has got to be the most non fucking sequiter thing I have ever heard in my life.

I'm sigging that shit.

Old 11-27-2012   #146
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad View Post
I'm sorry dude but this has got to be the most non fucking sequiter thing I have ever heard in my life.

I'm sigging that shit.
I was thinking the exact same thing. I read that and literally said out loud "What?"

Old 11-27-2012   #147
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

I know one thing, when my wife gives me shit about staying up late all I have to do is point and say "Bob has a horse."

And my ass is CLEAR!

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012   #148
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

the darkside is loud

12V Company:
Automotive Inspections Services
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 241 Darth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond reputeDarth SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Glock model 20.
Think of it as sound deadening for horses.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

"It's amazing how good things sound in print."-Anon
Darth SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-27-2012   #149
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPI-ART COLLECTOR View Post
Glock model 20.
Think of it as sound deadening for horses.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
In my neck of the woods, if you shoot someone's horse they may return volley with a RPG.

But then again horses are FAR from nocturnal.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2012   #150

Bikinpunk

Quote:
I was thinking the exact same thing. I read that and literally said out loud "What?"
Said neighbor

Time Delay Calculator:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement