Ever thought about what you have tried. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2007   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 276 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Default Ever thought about what you have tried.

Have you ever though about what you have tried that didn't do it for you?

Some very nice amps,speakers,electronic processors,Hu's,etc..,

This is like cooking, you need to follow a recipe, a TBS of this, apinch of that, heat the pan first, then add...

If you just go off in a mad dash grabbing all the sweet things off of the shelves you end up getting a bellyache and broke!!

Think about what you have relegated to the "Nope, doesn't get it done pile"!

Maybe, you need a better Recipe, maybe these tweets won't go with these mids and this sub.

Maybe this x-over slope won't work with this....

Maybe running around like a chicken with my head cut off isn't the Best approach!!

Or maybe, I'm full of Chit !!!

Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2007   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Blue Collar Audiophile

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 305 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Ever thought about what you have tried.

taking a big poo could help get the shit out of you...OR NOT

honestly, i've thought about this on numerous occasions. i've run several subs that were "forum boners" on several forums and always gone back to the sub that i know will fit my needs best. matter of fact, my titanic is the ONLY sub i've run so far that stands half a chance of being a replacement for the old hpo that's on its second cone. with mids and tweets i've tried a couple of forum boners but have decided to most likely settle with 2 pairs of drivers that aren't used by many/any people on this forum. basically, i feel i'm the underdog and like my music to sound different from most people. as long as the instruments sound real and the sound is fairly laid back that's all i care about. for headunits, i went through a pioneer 7800 and eclipse cd5000 before deciding to trade the brand new 7800 to dejo to get my alpine back. while it comes down to what works best FOR YOU, it's always nice to find someone willing to trade with you so both of you can try something different. i'm just a simple country boy that prefers a simple install in the space provided.

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...Dayton HO12d4...MAKE DIYMA GREAT AGAIN!
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-01-2007   #3

Rep Power: 168 eqsandleds will become famous soon enougheqsandleds will become famous soon enougheqsandleds will become famous soon enougheqsandleds will become famous soon enougheqsandleds will become famous soon enougheqsandleds will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAM SHIMANO/FALCON View Post
taking a big poo could help get the shit out of you...OR NOT

i feel i'm the underdog and like my music to sound different from most people.

No you are not. I think I am the same way, but where you like your music laid back I like mine more up front.

2005 GTO - Eclipse - Focal - Arc Audio - JL Audio
eqsandleds is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007   #4

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 266 DS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond reputeDS-21 has a reputation beyond repute

I've found that being ruthlessly methodocal in system design, and a little bit obsessive, keeps one from having too many "why doesn't this system sound good" moments.
DS-21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2007   #5

Rep Power: 0 Preacher will become famous soon enoughPreacher will become famous soon enoughPreacher will become famous soon enoughPreacher will become famous soon enoughPreacher will become famous soon enoughPreacher will become famous soon enough

I'm about the same as DS-21, but I'm an obsessive tinkerer and a thrift junkie at heart. I'll try anything I like taking junked retail speakers and trying to improve them. I've installed several components robbed from home audio speakers just for kix. I've had some as great success and others left me wanting. You'd be surprised what has worked.

I get excited when PE has dirt cheap clearance drivers; I'd like to try them all. I enjoy heading to Best Buy or CC in my car loaded with less than $100 worth of speakers and making the sales guy drool.

After trying things like this I set up others cars with systems on the dirt cheap who never thought they'd have those fancy speakers off the shelf at the big box.

When I wanted a smooth system for my wife's car I took time and researched and came to find the P18rnx and Seas neo textile fit perfectly; I did a test run in my car and now its working its way into hers; TSF Style
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement