Shows/Events in/around San Antonio, TX? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2007   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 159 ThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to ThisWasAndy

Red face Shows/Events in/around San Antonio, TX?

I don't see many car or audio shows here in town. Maybe I'm just not looking hard enough?

I'm seeing all these threads about guys hearing true SQ setups and finding what they want. Damnit. I wanna make one of those threads!

If there are any SQ guys around here, South Texas, I'd love to hear your setup. Or if anyone knows of any upcoming events, I really want to go.

-Andy

2002 Honda Accord Sedan LX (CG5)

System Stolen
Rebuilding

GO SPURS GO
ThisWasAndy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2007   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 176 Genxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Shows/Events in/around San Antonio, TX?

Only one posted from IASCA-March 10 2007 toMarch 11 2007 NOPI / IASCA TKE Tour DALLAS Ennis TX USA SQ, EBB, IdBL World Record Event

IASCA used to do alot in OK and TX but they seem to be sticking to a lot of shows on the East Coast now.

Here is the list from USACI-There are a lot of events in Texas there where 30+ some in your City also. USAC has close to 50 shows between OK and TX.

http://www.soundoff.org/cgi-bin/sche...&display_all=1

If you don't mind driving there where 5 MECA shows in Oklahoma. I am shocked MECA has not expanded into TX yet.

06 F250:Zapco-JL-Pioneer, 99 Prelude:JL-DBX-Pioneer, 02 Honda Civic: 80PRS-Hertz-IDQ-JL, 08 Focus: Kenwood-Hertz-IDQ-Zapco, 05 Dodge1500: Kenwood- Pioneer-ID-Zapco---Team JL, Team MSE, Team RAAMmat, Team Zapco---2009 USACi Basic WC, INAC 2nd, 2010 MECA Finals 4th MODEX, 2010/11 OK State Champ MODEX
Genxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 361 azngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond repute

I want to go to one too
azngotskills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2007   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 159 ThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enoughThisWasAndy will become famous soon enough

Great link, I had no idea about all those events.

Are there any more links like that which would show upcoming events?

Working 2 jobs and school forces me to plan WAY ahead of time

Hey azn, y'all ever have any meets in htown/surround areas?

I'm down to put some miles on the Honda

-Andy

System Stolen
Rebuilding

GO SPURS GO
Old 10-02-2007   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 176 Genxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enough

I will post up the link for all the listings that I know about. Give me about 45min to an 1hr and you will have the one's I know about.

AZN-Me and you will get together and go to some. I will be competing next year by mid year so we can get together and you can check it all out. I warn you, you will go and get hooked. Then you will be trying to build a comp car, its addictive but lots of fun.IMO LOL

Andy I am only about 2 hours tops North of SA. You guys got any good import tuning shops down there for the Honda. I need a good tuner to help with some ECU and tuning stuff.

Brian

06 F250:Zapco-JL-Pioneer, 99 Prelude:JL-DBX-Pioneer, 02 Honda Civic: 80PRS-Hertz-IDQ-JL, 08 Focus: Kenwood-Hertz-IDQ-Zapco, 05 Dodge1500: Kenwood- Pioneer-ID-Zapco---Team JL, Team MSE, Team RAAMmat, Team Zapco---2009 USACi Basic WC, INAC 2nd, 2010 MECA Finals 4th MODEX, 2010/11 OK State Champ MODEX
Old 10-02-2007   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genxx View Post
I will post up the link for all the listings that I know about. Give me about 45min to an 1hr and you will have the one's I know about.

AZN-Me and you will get together and go to some. I will be competing next year by mid year so we can get together and you can check it all out. I warn you, you will go and get hooked. Then you will be trying to build a comp car, its addictive but lots of fun.IMO LOL

Andy I am only about 2 hours tops North of SA. You guys got any good import tuning shops down there for the Honda. I need a good tuner to help with some ECU and tuning stuff.

Brian

The honest truth is that the import scene here is terrible. As far as in tuning goes, your best bet is to go to either Houston or Dallas.

And I don't mind becoming addicted, better than the Shiner Bock I've been spending my money on. Haha.

System Stolen
Rebuilding

GO SPURS GO
Old 10-02-2007   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Here are the other links I have.

http://www.iasca.com/events/

http://www.mecacaraudio.com/eventtable.aspx

I will check Houston and Dallas. AZN you know of any good tuner shops there?

Old 10-02-2007   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 163 ///Audience is on a distinguished road///Audience is on a distinguished road///Audience is on a distinguished road///Audience is on a distinguished road///Audience is on a distinguished road

check out heatwave in austin, its usually in late july/early august. I was able to sit in the focal sponsered car there and demo it out....wow.... its owned by one of the mods on mp3car.com and just blew my mind. NO localized bass, NO phasing/TA problems, near PERFECT sound stage (and i was in the passanger seat). the Be tweets/mids in the a pilars did wonders for that car.
///Audience is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007   #9

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genxx View Post

Brian
Buddy of mine owns SSR, they so awesome work. had a 12 sec all motor crx a while back...
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 361 azngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond reputeazngotskills has a reputation beyond repute

Well we have only had one "DIYMA meet" recently and it was hosted by Bico Stereo...We are trying to setup something in Novemeber.

Sorry Brian, I dont really know any shops here in Houston besides the "big name" ones here like Carboy and ASA Racing but you could check out http://www.houston-imports.com/. Im working on sound first then heading thta direction, i was a ricer in high school
azngotskills is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2007   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by azngotskills View Post
Well we have only had one "DIYMA meet" recently and it was hosted by Bico Stereo...We are trying to setup something in Novemeber.

Sorry Brian, I dont really know any shops here in Houston besides the "big name" ones here like Carboy and ASA Racing but you could check out http://www.houston-imports.com/. Im working on sound first then heading thta direction, i was a ricer in high school
I was a ricer in high school.

I mean, I was actively searching for Altezza taillights..
for my buick.

let me know if you guys are gonna have something in Nov.

System Stolen
Rebuilding

GO SPURS GO
Old 10-03-2007   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 kskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enough

You just recently missed Heat Wave/Trifecta in SA. It wasn't exactly IASCA but there were some good cars there like Wayne Watkins' RSX, and Jan Bennet's GTI, and a few others I can't recall. Lol, I drove down from Houston to go there. I'm a dork. Just keep doing internet searches and keep in touch with the local shops and you should find something.
kskywr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 161 kskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enoughkskywr will become famous soon enough

Try calling Zigni Sound at (210) 630-9896. I've never been there but they are an authorized dealer for SEAS so maybe they have some good demo cars.
kskywr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2007   #14

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 SouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enoughSouthSyde will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to SouthSyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kskywr View Post
You just recently missed Heat Wave/Trifecta in SA. It wasn't exactly IASCA but there were some good cars there like Wayne Watkins' RSX, and Jan Bennet's GTI, and a few others I can't recall. Lol, I drove down from Houston to go there. I'm a dork. Just keep doing internet searches and keep in touch with the local shops and you should find something.
i actually got to listen to jan's red vdub with focal berrylium and steg amps.. nicee sounding car!
SouthSyde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2007   #15
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 152 bigjae1976 will become famous soon enoughbigjae1976 will become famous soon enoughbigjae1976 will become famous soon enoughbigjae1976 will become famous soon enoughbigjae1976 will become famous soon enoughbigjae1976 will become famous soon enough

www.usaci.com

I went to SA Heatwave last Aug, it was pretty decent.

SQ isn't really big in TX.

I'm in Killeen and I go to Austin a lot. Maybe we can link up.

Also, check out the website below. Mostly euro cars but they know where the shows/meets are.

http://www.strictlyea.com/forum/index.php

2004 BMW 330Ci

Eclipse/Audiocontrol/US Amps/OZ Audio/Fi Audio
bigjae1976 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement