PSA: Off-topic/trolling posts - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2016   #1

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,348 Times in 613 Posts
Rep Power: 26021 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default PSA: Off-topic/trolling posts

Lately there has been a plethora of threads ruined by adverse off-topic discussion. There's certainly some leeway in threads that is expected but the problem as of late is leading healthy discussion down a rabbit hole that corrupts the whole notion of making a discussion topic. This has been something that a lot of people are complaining about to me via PM. And frankly it's something that has been driving me nuts since before I was made a moderator again.

So from here on out, the mod staff will begin implementing the OT dump method. As discussions grow off-topic and harm the good-natured discussion of a thread, the off-topic posts will be pilfered and placed in to a separate thread known as the OT Dump here, or just plain ol' deleted.

There will be no warning. There shouldn't have to be.

There is some subjectivity as to what is deemed degenerating to a discussion and we as mods know this. The mods here are pretty fair-weathered so we have no intentions of singling out anyone and banning people over this unless they continue to behave in this manner.

The intent is solely to help align discussion for the benefit of the forum as a whole. It's pretty simple: don't troll, don't be a jerk, be respectful of the discussion, and if you find yourself going down the rabbit hole due to an OT post simply don't reply. Not everything requires you to add your $.02. Practice self-control. I'll abide by the same set of rules.

Thanks,
Erin and the other mods

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

Last edited by ErinH; 07-18-2017 at 06:38 AM..
ErinH is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ErinH For This Useful Post:
GlasSman (07-27-2017), oabeieo (07-16-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2016   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Rep Power: 40147 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

Default re: PSA: Off-topic/trolling posts

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thanks Erin.
schmiddr2 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2017   #3

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,348 Times in 613 Posts
Rep Power: 26021 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Default re: PSA: Off-topic/trolling posts

Seems this needs a bump.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I've started sending warnings to repeat offenders and talked to people I know via other means to get everyone to realize that once a thread begins to go OT it's the community's responsibility to help reign it in. Mods shouldn't have to send warnings and/or ban people. Unfortunately, "shouldn't have to" doesn't always work so well and we have a few people from time to time who total FUBAR a thread over way OT discussion.

Other members are growing tired of it. Not just me/mods. So one more time:
Don't troll, don't be a jerk, be respectful of the discussion, and if you find yourself going down the rabbit hole due to an OT post simply don't reply. Not everything requires you to add your $.02. Practice self-control. I'll abide by the same set of rules.

I don't know how more clear it can be.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html

Last edited by ErinH; 07-16-2017 at 09:21 AM..
ErinH is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread