Need help for an Car Audio Essay - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

View Poll Results: What age group are you in?
13-17 7 2.39%
18-25 84 28.67%
25-35 116 39.59%
35 or older. 86 29.35%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2008   #51
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 171 Diru will become famous soon enoughDiru will become famous soon enoughDiru will become famous soon enoughDiru will become famous soon enoughDiru will become famous soon enoughDiru will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Need help for an Car Audio Essay

Why does the "35 or older" group / bar pink?

Don't even say it , I'll reach though the screen and stab you in the neck with a pencil

j/k
Diru is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2008   #52

Rep Power: 164 cheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enoughcheesehead will become famous soon enough

You need to post a copy of your essay on here.

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. -Vince Lombardi
cheesehead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2008   #53
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 206 michaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehead View Post
You need to post a copy of your essay on here.
x2
michaelsil1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008   #54
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 173 mikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura aboutmikey7182 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foglght View Post
While I agree that DIYMA is a great place and avoiding the 2k installs is of the highest importance, I don't think ricer civics and being able to understand Ambolech's dissertation has anything to do with it.

You basically just said, "I will link you to this page that will blow your mind so much, you will go away, and take your POS ricer with you."
Not sure if that was directed at me, but that's not what I was saying at all. Sorry if it came across that way. My point was, many people outside the car audio world think that the only people involved are punk kids blasting "Tss... Tss... Tss... Tss.... BOOOOM!" from their lowered Civics. It's not that I have anything against 'ricers' in the least. Nor was my comment meant to deter those types of people from frequenting this board. Perhaps they could learn a few things about how to improve their setups. All I was saying is that there are a lot more people that are involved in car audio than outsiders might think. I am a full time student, and am 25 years old, so you're not alone in the student boat. And while some people have more time to dedicate to tuning and install than others, I don't think that makes someone more or less welcome on the forum.
mikey7182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009   #55
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 141 aztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enough

Hell I'm 31 and have Magic Mike and Dave Brubeck on the same disc. What's wrong with wanting to bump every now and then? The only difference between then and now is I don't really care what anyone else thinks about it....

aztec1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009   #56
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 127 alexbass311 will become famous soon enoughalexbass311 will become famous soon enoughalexbass311 will become famous soon enoughalexbass311 will become famous soon enoughalexbass311 will become famous soon enoughalexbass311 will become famous soon enough

What is the essay about?
alexbass311 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2009   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 chozar will become famous soon enoughchozar will become famous soon enoughchozar will become famous soon enoughchozar will become famous soon enoughchozar will become famous soon enoughchozar will become famous soon enough

A man in his 70s got me into home audio. Car audio was the next logical extension. I never cared much for subwoofers until that classical music freak showed me how it matters.
chozar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2009   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 pagustin will become famous soon enoughpagustin will become famous soon enoughpagustin will become famous soon enoughpagustin will become famous soon enoughpagustin will become famous soon enoughpagustin will become famous soon enough

I was there like quite a few others at the birth of mobile audio in the 80's, so yes that makes me part of the 35+ category.

I started because I got my grandma's car for my first car, a 1975 Ford Gran Torino, with an AM radio only and one single middle of the dash speaker. Needless to say I needed more than AM to listen to. So I got a head unit and some speakers, then I bought a new car which luckily for me had no stereo at all. My mind went crazy with the fact I had a clean palate to start with, that led to my big boom system 16 speakers in a 2dr hatchback GEO Metro. After blowing out back windows and annoying my parents neighbors and the entire college campus, oh and getting a job as a voice over artist/sound engineer I realized that I didn't want/like the big boom anymore.

That was about the time car audio started to mature as well and reached what some people call the pinnacle of what was commercially available mid-early 90's. So I grew up with car audio from its infancy to its current state and I still love it.

Don't know if my babbling will help but it was fun for me to trip down memory lane this morning.

P
pagustin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2009   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 Brian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enoughBrian Steele will become famous soon enough

44 here :-).

Got into audio LONG time ago. Designed and built my first speakers in my late teens and they sounded like CRAP, LOL. The bass was horrible. The search to find out why led to pages and pages of design notes which eventually made they way onto the Internet as The Subwoofer DIY Page.

I got into car audio about '92 or so. A simple system with IPI 4" coaxes and Pioneer TS-S20s up front and a dual isobaric 6th order BP with 6.5" drivers for a subwoofer (ok, I had a LOT of time on my hands back in those days ). I'm still quite hooked, but I don't have as much time as I used to, and my body isn't quite as forgiving as it used to be when I spend hours bent up under the dashboard or over the subwoofer install in the trunk .

Brian Steele
www.diysubwoofers.org
Brian Steele is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
kk inc
Position:
rep

Rep Power: 144 methmurda will become famous soon enoughmethmurda will become famous soon enoughmethmurda will become famous soon enoughmethmurda will become famous soon enoughmethmurda will become famous soon enoughmethmurda will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to methmurda

Kids couldnt enjoy car audio ... lol, cant drive.
methmurda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2009   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

This place

Rep Power: 40146 schmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond reputeschmiddr2 has a reputation beyond repute

I still feel like a kid when installing a bunch of new audio equipment.
schmiddr2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Best Buy
Position:
MECP Advanced Tech

Rep Power: 154 adrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enough

Wow this is still going lol?
adrianp89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 nsaspook will become famous soon enoughnsaspook will become famous soon enoughnsaspook will become famous soon enoughnsaspook will become famous soon enoughnsaspook will become famous soon enoughnsaspook will become famous soon enough

A poll for age that stops at 35 or older? Fuging kids!
At 50+ the second wind kicks in. New cars, new wife or hot girlfriend and unless you were a fool for the last 30 years some
money in the bank to play with new toys. If the old body is a little slow that's why they make the purple pill and pain-killers.

I started in audio/radio back in the quad era. I worked for radio-shack when they actually sold nice equipment (70s).
Joined the military and worked for the MIC for 15 years Military-industrial complex - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia before my current job.
I got back into this stuff when some of my older kids asked me to help with their cars.

In GOD we trust, all others we monitor.
In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the military-industrial complex.
nsaspook is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009   #64
ogg
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 149 ogg will become famous soon enoughogg will become famous soon enoughogg will become famous soon enoughogg will become famous soon enoughogg will become famous soon enoughogg will become famous soon enough

Over 35 here. I've changed out my HUs and speakers in almost every car I've owned but it was only a few years ago I actually started to take it more seriously. My current vehicle is the only one I've actually run amps and a sub in but I've already made quite a few changes and I keep thinking of more. Damn DIYMA!
ogg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 206 michaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nicemichaelsil1 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogg View Post
I've already made quite a few changes and I keep thinking of more. Damn DIYMA!
I'm still trying to dial in what I already have!
michaelsil1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2009   #66
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 275 Oliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enoughOliver will become famous soon enough

Which joint should I have replaced first ?

Oliver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 Dryseals will become famous soon enoughDryseals will become famous soon enoughDryseals will become famous soon enoughDryseals will become famous soon enoughDryseals will become famous soon enoughDryseals will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
Car audio as you know it was basically born in the 80's. Some of us have been with it since the start, some of us are getting into it for the first time. For instance, I got into it in the late 80's. I have not looked back since.

That is the draw to forums such as this and what makes DIYMA unique. You have a bunch of old experienced people locked into technology they know best and works form them. Mix that with non-experienced "kids" who only know the cutting edge and it makes things interesting. We each learn something from each other.

Ge0
80's???

I guess that depends on how old you are. The 1965 Pontiac Bonneville had a reverb option for the sound system, very crude but shows how folks were already wanting better sound in their vehicle. What changed car audio was format. Until the eight track tape, the only options were radio. The casstte tape made it's debut in 1966 and filtered into the US later on. My 68 Firebird has factory cut outs for 6X9 speakers. There wasn't very many companies supporting car audio, Craig, Pioneer and Tandy, but even Tandy came out in the 70's with EQ's.
I helped a freind back in 76 build a system for a 65 Nova, tore the back seat out and added some JBL tens from stage monitors in place of the rear seats and some Realistic (Tandy) power amps. Crude, but we were there before the 80's.
Dryseals is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009   #68
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 137 fatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enoughfatboyracing will become famous soon enough

I am more into it now I am older and have money
fatboyracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2009   #69
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Northern Automotive Technologies
Position:
Owner, sales and install tech.

Rep Power: 123 jinstall will become famous soon enoughjinstall will become famous soon enoughjinstall will become famous soon enoughjinstall will become famous soon enoughjinstall will become famous soon enoughjinstall will become famous soon enough

interesting how there's actually more older people here than younger. clearly shows that the kids who just want a lot of bass are in fact the minority

*edit*

or are simply not interested in knowing anything about it.

obviously membership to an audio forum is not a comprehensive representation of the industry
jinstall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2009   #70

Banned

Rep Power: 0 PaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enough

I think you find the average age on this site, and especially in this sub-section, will be fairly high. Try this poll on a site like ca.com in the subwoofer section and you will get an entirely different set of results. The first thing about research is that you cannot decide the facts first and then collect data to support it - the data must be obtained in an unbiased way, then evaluated.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2009   #71
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 129 hal2000 will become famous soon enoughhal2000 will become famous soon enoughhal2000 will become famous soon enoughhal2000 will become famous soon enoughhal2000 will become famous soon enoughhal2000 will become famous soon enough

I'm 47. First system was Mitsubishi component HU and amp/eq in my new 78 civic up in Canada. Alpine had just come out, and their first line of speaks blew me away...then that system was stolen That's how car audio began for me.

Porsche Cayenne S- JL 300/4 bridged> JBL Vintage 8" Active/ Old School Amp>JBL Studio Tweets/ JL 500/1>(2) JL 12W3V3 Sealed, Work in Progress[SIGPIC]:
hal2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2009   #72
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 164 stereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the roughstereo_luver is a jewel in the rough

Work on the grammer-
"Need help for an Car Audio Essay

maybe try-
"Need help for a Car Audio Essay"

HU, Processor, Amps, Drivers.
stereo_luver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-13-2009   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 141 aztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enoughaztec1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereo_luver View Post
Work on the grammer-
"Need help for an Car Audio Essay

maybe try-
"Need help for a Car Audio Essay"
I find this funny.

aztec1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2009   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Best Buy
Position:
MECP Advanced Tech

Rep Power: 154 adrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enoughadrianp89 will become famous soon enough

I can't believe this is still going lol. I don't even have this essay saved anymore.
adrianp89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2009   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Cars of Macon
Position:
Installer

Rep Power: 0 carsofmacon will become famous soon enoughcarsofmacon will become famous soon enoughcarsofmacon will become famous soon enoughcarsofmacon will become famous soon enoughcarsofmacon will become famous soon enoughcarsofmacon will become famous soon enough

I'm just 47, so I guess it's for kids of all ages, you go through stages but I'd still like to have my Caravan with 18-15" subs back ;-)
carsofmacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement