Mobile Dynamics? (school) - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2006   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 |Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough

Default Mobile Dynamics? (school)

Has anyone heard of Mobile Dynamics, it's a car audio school. Web Site :
http://www.mobiledynamics.com/main/enter.html

I've been kinda thinking about getting into the business since most shops around here are shit. I'm wondering if this is a good school or is it a waste of money? I signed up for their brochure and today they called me asking me if I'm interested in attending. Seems kinda interesting.

Thanks,

Ryan

-=2001 Dodge Grand Caravan=- [Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP - Stock] Uninstalled:[RF 200.2 - LP 1501 - RF 40x2 - DIYMA R12 - Phaze Audio Studio Driver MW-64 - Phass NT 28TC]
|Tch0rT| is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2006   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 181 minitruck_freq will become famous soon enoughminitruck_freq will become famous soon enoughminitruck_freq will become famous soon enoughminitruck_freq will become famous soon enoughminitruck_freq will become famous soon enoughminitruck_freq will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to minitruck_freq

Default Re: Mobile Dynamics? (school)

about 3 or 4 years ago i was looking into going to the phoenix campus. a friend of mine has a shop out there and wanted me to go to work for him. there wasnt enough money in it to get me to quit my current job.
minitruck_freq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2006   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 240 MarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really niceMarkZ is just really nice

IMO, if your plan is to run a business, you'd be better served by taking a business course. I've known a few people who are damned good installers, could work wonders with fiberglass, did all kinds of work under the table and made some good dough doing it, and when they finally set up a shop it flopped almost immediately.

A few years back I came across a great post in rec.audio.car (usenet) by a guy named Eddie Runner who owns River Oaks Car Stereo about starting a car audio business. There's a lot more to running one than you may think.

Last edited by MarkZ; 06-12-2006 at 09:16 PM..
MarkZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2006   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 177 Sephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enough

Damn, that Toronto campus is beautiful.

Formerly sephiroth619 - Capitalized 12.31.07
Sephiroth619 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2006   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 |Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough|Tch0rT| will become famous soon enough

I don't think I'd start my own business yet... I'd have to get a partner with money and who is good at making money. Most local shops don't really offer any custom installations, just the basic Circuit City & Best Buy crap. I'm just wondering if anyone knows anything about this particular school. I know installers don't make a whole lot but it's gotta be somewhat better or more rewarding what I do now (I work the front desk of a hotel).

Ryan

-=2001 Dodge Grand Caravan=- [Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP - Stock] Uninstalled:[RF 200.2 - LP 1501 - RF 40x2 - DIYMA R12 - Phaze Audio Studio Driver MW-64 - Phass NT 28TC]
Old 06-13-2006   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 177 Sephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enoughSephiroth619 will become famous soon enough

How much is tuition?

Formerly sephiroth619 - Capitalized 12.31.07
Sephiroth619 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2006   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 165 septimus will become famous soon enoughseptimus will become famous soon enoughseptimus will become famous soon enoughseptimus will become famous soon enoughseptimus will become famous soon enoughseptimus will become famous soon enough

i went in the fall of 05, the staff is great and the teach you a lot of the tech. about 12 volt but barely any actull install expierence, lots of people left with out even knowing how to install a basic alarm. hope that helps

DRZ9255

XTANT BIAMP > POLK SR6500's

ALPINE V12 > IDQ 10" ebay special

SECOND SKIN
septimus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2006   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by septimus
i went in the fall of 05, the staff is great and the teach you a lot of the tech. about 12 volt but barely any actull install expierence, lots of people left with out even knowing how to install a basic alarm. hope that helps
Was that the student's fault or the school's fault? The web page states they have tons of hands on experiance (building kick panels, boxes, etc)... I'm really tempted to go but it's a risk. I don't like to waste money let alone $6000 that might not get me any experiance to make that cash back + a career.

Does anyone know about the Home Audio part of the school? Is that area in demand for installers?

Ryan

Old 06-14-2006   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 171 foley316 will become famous soon enoughfoley316 will become famous soon enoughfoley316 will become famous soon enoughfoley316 will become famous soon enoughfoley316 will become famous soon enoughfoley316 will become famous soon enough

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...?t=4085&page=2

Check my reply here. Sorry too lazy to repost.
foley316 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement