At a compete loss here on an odd electrical problem that I was going to pose to the DIY Mobile Audio community for any leads on a solution.
- 2017 Toyota Tacoma v6 without JBL
COMPONENTS AT PLAY:
- Hella Supertone horn wired directly to battery with fuse block and relay. Relay is attached to the OEM horn wire
- Hella Sharptone horn wired using OEM wiring
- JVC headunit
- Kicker Hideaway powered sub
- When the Supertone horn is blown for more than just a "tap" then the JVC headunit will instantly increase to MAX volume with heavy, low frequency disturbances
**Does NOT happen if the Kicker powered sub is not powered on/disconnected
**Does NOT happen if the Sharptone horn is the only horn in use
Issue appears to be interplay between the Supertone horn and the subwoofer.
I have checked all grounds and took the steps to ground all components directly to the battery and each ground combination I attempt returns the exact same results.
Does this still sound like a bad ground issue or a bad Hella horn? (ordered a new Hella horn already to test but not there yet)
None of the local stereo shops have any leads other than ground everything to the battery but that has not fixed the issue so far.....
Thanks for any and all leads!