Looking for help with tuning, using Rew and jl twk88 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2019   #1

Rep Power: 46 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

So I'm pretty familiar with Rew and how to use it. Same as my twk. My problem is where do I line the graphs up under the eq screen or should I quit using the auto feature. I'm gonna post a link to pics of each driver under the eq screen and also a link to my Dropbox with the mdat file for these measurements. When I follow the auto eq filters I can get it pretty close to Target but it doesn't sound that great. Kinda washed out I'd call it.

My mids are the ones that come with the morel Virtus 602 and they are in the stock location, lower door.

My tweeters are in the a pillars just right in front of the sail panels. They are the morel mt350. The ones that come with the elate series.

I'm not really gonna worry about the sub till I get the front set sounding the way I like. It's a sundown X15v2 dual 4 ohm.

Thanks for any help you all can give me. Links below.

http://imgur.com/gallery/8VZGJhQ

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/scidn2tq6...7g9IGjlCa?dl=0

My car is a 2011 ford fusion SE.

Last edited by Mahapederdon; 05-23-2019 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: Add Tweeter
Mahapederdon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 133 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Looking for help with tuning, using Rew and jl twk88

Trust your ears, then I assume if you have a DSP or HU without active or band pass abilities, trust your hearing, forget the auto tune. You need some good tracks to tune by ear.

Cross your drivers in the range they play better, then match level your tweeters and mids, sub, then EQ or TA, tune with loudness off, start with flat EQ, boost 8k to 16khz, one or 2 steps, the left side flat except cutting in the 150-180 3-4 steps, that would be a good start,
To get tonality good, you may have to have the sub on even if turned down a bit. If you use some good tracks with vocals and instruments where bass is almost absent I would agree to turn the sub of to tune the fronts.
The important things are crossing without overlapping, level matching and tonality, the rest is fine tuning TA and side or channel EQ.

Another option, would be to get some local Dyma members familiar with the DSP laptop tuning to help you.
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019   #3

Rep Power: 46 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post
Trust your ears, then I assume if you have a DSP or HU without active or band pass abilities, trust your hearing, forget the auto tune. You need some good tracks to tune by ear.

Cross your drivers in the range they play better, then match level your tweeters and mids, sub, then EQ or TA, tune with loudness off, start with flat EQ, boost 8k to 16khz, one or 2 steps, the left side flat except cutting in the 150-180 3-4 steps, that would be a good start,
To get tonality good, you may have to have the sub on even if turned down a bit. If you use some good tracks with vocals and instruments where bass is almost absent I would agree to turn the sub of to tune the fronts.
The important things are crossing without overlapping, level matching and tonality, the rest is fine tuning TA and side or channel EQ.

Another option, would be to get some local Dyma members familiar with the DSP laptop tuning to help you.
I do have a dsp and am running active. I don't trust my ears that much. I know what sounds good but when something sounds off or really loud in one area I couldn't tell you where that is.

I put the graphs up and a link to the measurements I did. Hopefully someone on here helps out sooner or later. I know Skizer does remote tuning and I'll probably ask him about that again. My brother said I can do it at his house. I have not internet in my garage cause it's a condo. Garage is pretty far from my house.

Thanks for the help

Old 05-23-2019   #4

Rep Power: 36 ckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Looking for help with tuning, using Rew and jl twk88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon View Post
So I'm pretty familiar with Rew and how to use it. Same as my twk. My problem is where do I line the graphs up under the eq screen or should I quit using the auto feature. I'm gonna post a link to pics of each driver under the eq screen and also a link to my Dropbox with the mdat file for these measurements. When I follow the auto eq filters I can get it pretty close to Target but it doesn't sound that great. Kinda washed out I'd call it.

My mids are the ones that come with the morel Virtus 602 and they are in the stock location, lower door.

My tweeters are in the a pillars just right in front of the sail panels. They are the morel mt350. The ones that come with the elate series.

I'm not really gonna worry about the sub till I get the front set sounding the way I like. It's a sundown X15v2 dual 4 ohm.

Thanks for any help you all can give me. Links below.

http://imgur.com/gallery/8VZGJhQ

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/scidn2tq6...7g9IGjlCa?dl=0

My car is a 2011 ford fusion SE.
Are you using a particular house curve or just tuning flat? What smoothing are you using? I can't look at your files right now, from my phone.
ckirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019   #5

Right now I'm using jbl/andy curve from jazzis tuning companion. 1/6th octave for smoothing.

Last edited by Mahapederdon; 05-23-2019 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement