Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/)
-   Technical & Advanced Car Audio Discussion (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/technical-advanced-car-audio-discussion/)
-   -   Verifying / validating Morel tweeters? (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/technical-advanced-car-audio-discussion/417893-verifying-validating-morel-tweeters.html)

seditious3 05-23-2019 05:42 PM

Verifying / validating Morel tweeters?

1 Attachment(s)
I just got a pair of Morel mt230 tweeters, and they come with the validation tool. I have no doubt that they're genuine, but I can't figure out how to use the tool on the tweeters. Any help? Pic attached.

Thanks!

Mahapederdon 05-23-2019 07:37 PM

Hold that piece of tape over the morel sign on the back of the magnet. It does something. Can't remember.

seditious3 05-23-2019 08:49 PM

Re: Verifying / validating Morel tweeters?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahapederdon (Post 5704879)
Hold that piece of tape over the morel sign on the back of the magnet. It does something. Can't remember.

I tried that - nothing. The pics of that tweeter that I've seen online look the same though. I emailed a pic to Morel, so we'll see. Thanks!

Mahapederdon 05-23-2019 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seditious3 (Post 5704909)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahapederdon (Post 5704879)

I tried that - nothing. The pics of that tweeter that I've seen online look the same though. I emailed a pic to Morel, so we'll see. Thanks!

It's weird. I've always heard of morel doing that but I didn't know faking speakers was a big thing.

dumdum 05-24-2019 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahapederdon (Post 5704913)
It's weird. I've always heard of morel doing that but I didn't know faking speakers was a big thing.

You’ve not seen the chalpines (Chinese alpines) on eBay then? China will make anything and everything for a price to whatever quality you want also 👍🏼

Mahapederdon 05-24-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dumdum (Post 5705003)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahapederdon (Post 5704913)

You’ve not seen the chalpines (Chinese alpines) on eBay then? China will make anything and everything for a price to whatever quality you want also 👍🏼

I knew about China doing that just not with car audio. My brother works for a gaming headphones company and china manufacture's most of there stuff. There ways worried China is gonna steal there designs and copy em.

It's usually not hard to spot a fake because they cut allot of corners.

When I was younger we'd go-to Tijuana and they had Polex watches. Haha.

Pb82 Ronin 05-24-2019 11:17 AM

I think the tool is for woofers only...not sure it works on the tweets due to available room.