Verifying / validating Morel tweeters? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 seditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enough

Default Verifying / validating Morel tweeters?

I just got a pair of Morel mt230 tweeters, and they come with the validation tool. I have no doubt that they're genuine, but I can't figure out how to use the tool on the tweeters. Any help? Pic attached.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg morel.jpg (1.15 MB, 44 views)

Last edited by seditious3; 05-23-2019 at 06:22 PM..
seditious3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2019   #2

Rep Power: 40 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

Hold that piece of tape over the morel sign on the back of the magnet. It does something. Can't remember.
Mahapederdon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2019   #3

Rep Power: 0 seditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enoughseditious3 will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Verifying / validating Morel tweeters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahapederdon View Post
Hold that piece of tape over the morel sign on the back of the magnet. It does something. Can't remember.
I tried that - nothing. The pics of that tweeter that I've seen online look the same though. I emailed a pic to Morel, so we'll see. Thanks!
seditious3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019   #4

Rep Power: 40 Mahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enoughMahapederdon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by seditious3 View Post
Quote:
I tried that - nothing. The pics of that tweeter that I've seen online look the same though. I emailed a pic to Morel, so we'll see. Thanks!
It's weird. I've always heard of morel doing that but I didn't know faking speakers was a big thing.
Old 05-24-2019   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:
Auto electrician/Fabricator

Rep Power: 156 dumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enough

Quote:
It's weird. I've always heard of morel doing that but I didn't know faking speakers was a big thing.
You’ve not seen the chalpines (Chinese alpines) on eBay then? China will make anything and everything for a price to whatever quality you want also 👍🏼
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2019   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Quote:
You’ve not seen the chalpines (Chinese alpines) on eBay then? China will make anything and everything for a price to whatever quality you want also 👍🏼
I knew about China doing that just not with car audio. My brother works for a gaming headphones company and china manufacture's most of there stuff. There ways worried China is gonna steal there designs and copy em.

It's usually not hard to spot a fake because they cut allot of corners.

When I was younger we'd go-to Tijuana and they had Polex watches. Haha.
Old 05-24-2019   #7

Rep Power: 20 Pb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enoughPb82 Ronin will become famous soon enough

I think the tool is for woofers only...not sure it works on the tweets due to available room.

Yes, I have cars. They have aftermarket audio.
Pb82 Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement