Minidsp CDSP-DL 8x12 Dirac live upgrade or new release help - Page 6 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2019   #126

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Rep Power: 94 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Minidsp CDSP-DL 8x12 Dirac live upgrade or new release help

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush7243 View Post
I have used almost all of the high end DSP. Personally i feel minidsp is the simplest to tune. Functionality wise Helix is the best. Now lets use DL and see about Tuning effort vs results. I think DL will win hands down but wait n watch

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

X2

Yeah Iíve tuned with everything as well , I like jL because of great support and a good overall product that works. I wish I had a reason to like masconi but worst support and dosent work as described, the helix is good, although I canít stand that. I can tune someoneís car on my laptop and send them the file (something always gets screwed up) like the version number not matching completely changes the way the data isnít displayed. However a good sounding dsp , nice UI , I like the helix , the minidsp still has it beat tho, only think I wish minidsp had was channel linking across all channels (but itís not a deal breaker by any means )

The mini w DL is superiority, I agree.

If I have issues with a dsp I want to be able to get ahold of someone , I donít care ignore its a few day process, at least it get so resolved, with masconi you get directed to a answering machine and no return call , ever!
The aerospace should be 200$ for what you get , itís about as good as a Dayton dsp

im so in love with my speakers I found a song I sing to them

https://youtu.be/VgU6LXY-AjI
oabeieo is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to oabeieo For This Useful Post:
piyush7243 (06-09-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2019   #127
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 110 tonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enoughtonny will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oabeieo View Post
X2

Yeah Iíve tuned with everything as well , I like jL because of great support and a good overall product that works. I wish I had a reason to like masconi but worst support and dosent work as described, the helix is good, although I canít stand that. I can tune someoneís car on my laptop and send them the file (something always gets screwed up) like the version number not matching completely changes the way the data isnít displayed. However a good sounding dsp , nice UI , I like the helix , the minidsp still has it beat tho, only think I wish minidsp had was channel linking across all channels (but itís not a deal breaker by any means )

The mini w DL is superiority, I agree.

If I have issues with a dsp I want to be able to get ahold of someone , I donít care ignore its a few day process, at least it get so resolved, with masconi you get directed to a answering machine and no return call , ever!
The aerospace should be 200$ for what you get , itís about as good as a Dayton dsp

Can't agree with that... maybe it's the support over there but over here there is super support for Mosconi! And for tuning option appart fromt the DL the Mosconi is the most complete en easiest to tune at least in my oppinion...
tonny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2019   #128

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Rep Power: 94 oabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enoughoabeieo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Got the activation file just now. Who works on a freaking Sunday? Great customer service!!

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk

GET at it !

We really want to know what you think

Just curious whatís your system layout

Old 06-10-2019   #129

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 91 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

Be here tomorrow.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
Jscoyne2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #130
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 66 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

Activated mine last night - set channel names, routing, mixing, & prelim xovers. Plan on measuring and generating first filter sets tonight after work... should of called out sick

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

2015 Camry Build Log

Last edited by Truthunter; 06-10-2019 at 11:42 AM..
Truthunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Truthunter For This Useful Post:
Chris12 (06-13-2019)
Old 06-10-2019   #131
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 134 rockinridgeline will become famous soon enoughrockinridgeline will become famous soon enoughrockinridgeline will become famous soon enoughrockinridgeline will become famous soon enoughrockinridgeline will become famous soon enoughrockinridgeline will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Skype™ to rockinridgeline

Got mine on Friday at noon. Had the choice to put it in and attempt to tune but had to be at Slamology SQ competition at 8 am on Saturday. Everything would had to have gone perfectly to get it put together in time. I feel extremely comfortable tuning with the Helix DSP Pro Mk2 and have gotten excellent results with it in this my first year of competing. But I am really interested to see how the IR tuning along with DL changes things. Also love the idea of being able to try different house curves without having to do all the tuning work myself. Probably going to be the weekend after Father's Day before I get a chance to play. Looking forward to hearing feedback from others and will definitely post my results and opinions here as well.

2018 911 GTS - OEMHU, ZEN, Helix DSPPro, Zapco AP150.4's, Morel Piccolos/Hybrid4's/SW9's, 10"JL TW1
2019 Grand Cherokee - OEMHU; Helix DSP Pro; Zapco AP150.6, 150.2, 400.2; Dyn Esotar2 3way; JL 12W6V3 x 2; AF GB25 rr fill
rockinridgeline is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #132

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Just ordered another one Iím installing for a kind gentleman, in a 1999 H1 hummer , doing 2 seperate sound stages and L-R rear fill pretty excited to listen to it

He has a stereo pair of components in the front driver overhead and a stereo set in passenger overhead , Iím going to try to do a tune where the driver R and pass L act as a center channel , or do two seperate sound stages . Very interesting build , I knew right away this is prime dsp for this kind of configuration

importance of forensic anthropology

Old 06-10-2019   #133
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 31 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

Very interesting install. Maybe a time to try auditorium mode in Dirac?

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: SS D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters, SS 12mu mids, SS 18wu midbasses, SS 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer, SS 10F/4424 / Wavecor tw013wa01 (rear doors), SB65 (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2 DL, Arc Audio KS 300.2 v2, Arc Audio SKS300.6 Prototype, Arc Audio KS300.4 v2
GreatLaBroski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2019   #134

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLaBroski View Post
Very interesting install. Maybe a time to try auditorium mode in Dirac?
Exactly.
Yeah I want to try a few different tunes with such a odd setup and see how it handles tuning. Thereís got to be at least one that will be a home run

Old 06-10-2019   #135

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 91 Jscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura aboutJscoyne2 has a spectacular aura about

For anyone interested in this thread. I highly suggest following the minidsp thread as well.

https://www.minidsp.com/forum/dirac-...2-dl?start=120

Old 06-10-2019   #136

Enthusiast

Quote:
Exactly.

Yeah I want to try a few different tunes with such a odd setup and see how it handles tuning. Thereís got to be at least one that will be a home run
What target curves are you using?

Old 06-10-2019   #137

Rep Power: 32 ckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enoughckirocz28 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was being sarcastic...... sorry. (Or was personal rant )
I got that, and my comments were also sarcastic.
ckirocz28 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to ckirocz28 For This Useful Post:
oabeieo (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019   #138
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Vaani Acoustics
Position:
Founder/Engineer

Rep Power: 129 piyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
GET at it !

We really want to know what you think

Just curious whatís your system layout
Its a simple setup in a Swift hatch back. All Audible physics Drivers. Source: Kenwood 9018SM
2 inch Midfi
2 Avatar 10 inch subs in a sealed box.

Amp is a NS Audio 4 channel and a mono to power the Subs. This is a very basic setup and a test bed for me.

Poweron the Software Activated it. Loading time is a little higher than normal minidsp 8X12 software

Old presets cant be loaded on DL version

Still trying to figure out bass management

WiFi-DG doesnt work

Setup basic crossovers in DL and setup gains to prevent clipping. For now chose the chair and started to measure

1st impressions with the default curve.

Imaging is spot on
instrument Separation is beautiful
Tonality is very accurate as well.

What it did in 5-10 mins takes hell lot of time to achieve manually as i spend a lot of time tuning cars.

What DL can do with an imperfect install, i doubt we can do with a IIR based DSP.

With perfect installs its crazy but takes an expert tuner sometime to match DL. The imaging part with DL is unreal. Crazy

Sub Bass need more work on as we are used to louder than normal bass and i am still playing around with that. Still have to check with Sofa and Auditorium settings.

Overall i am very happy with what they did with the product. I am selling my DSP pro mk2 from my other car

Eagerly waiting for Dirac 2.0
piyush7243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to piyush7243 For This Useful Post:
dgage (06-11-2019), naiku (06-11-2019), Truthunter (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019   #139
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 66 Truthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enoughTruthunter will become famous soon enough

I have mine all setup and was at the point of starting the measurements but having an issue with the UMIK mic connecting to DLCT which I think is a W10 issue... I have a post about it with photos on the MiniDSP support forum.

"Many ideas grow better when transplanted into another mind than the one where they sprang up." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

2015 Camry Build Log
Old 06-11-2019   #140
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 160 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

Did you see they replied? Said it could be that REW is open and talking control of the microphone.

Some old luggage

naiku is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2019   #141
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku View Post
Did you see they replied? Said it could be that REW is open and talking control of the microphone.
Yeah, I replied to them. REW was not open when I was getting the message... it's just pinned to the taskbar at the bottom of the screen but not open.

2015 Camry Build Log
Old 06-11-2019   #142
Upgrade Your Membership!

12V Company:
Vaani Acoustics
Position:
Founder/Engineer

Rep Power: 129 piyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enoughpiyush7243 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthunter View Post
Yeah, I replied to them. REW was not open when I was getting the message... it's just pinned to the taskbar at the bottom of the screen but not open.
Reboot Ur laptop. Connect umik. You should hear a ding. Now open dlct

My case was rew causing issues as well

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
piyush7243 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to piyush7243 For This Useful Post:
Truthunter (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019   #143

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Quote:
Its a simple setup in a Swift hatch back. All Audible physics Drivers. Source: Kenwood 9018SM
2 inch Midfi
2 Avatar 10 inch subs in a sealed box.

Amp is a NS Audio 4 channel and a mono to power the Subs. This is a very basic setup and a test bed for me.

Poweron the Software Activated it. Loading time is a little higher than normal minidsp 8X12 software

Old presets cant be loaded on DL version

Still trying to figure out bass management

WiFi-DG doesnt work

Setup basic crossovers in DL and setup gains to prevent clipping. For now chose the chair and started to measure

1st impressions with the default curve.

Imaging is spot on
instrument Separation is beautiful
Tonality is very accurate as well.

What it did in 5-10 mins takes hell lot of time to achieve manually as i spend a lot of time tuning cars.

What DL can do with an imperfect install, i doubt we can do with a IIR based DSP.

With perfect installs its crazy but takes an expert tuner sometime to match DL. The imaging part with DL is unreal. Crazy

Sub Bass need more work on as we are used to louder than normal bass and i am still playing around with that. Still have to check with Sofa and Auditorium settings.

Overall i am very happy with what they did with the product. I am selling my DSP pro mk2 from my other car

Eagerly waiting for Dirac 2.0

Bro. Seriously thatís not shitbox gear at all. At least you donít have biuetooth Thatís nice stuff and better than average. Average would be a factory radio with maybe if your lucky a ktp445u hi level 45w 4ch with no sub and some alpine type e speakers. And if is a sub some prefabricate job with jl w0 or the like with a whopping 6mm on the coil. I would say 90% of ppl that buy car audio buy basic gear. Your system is very decent! I bet it sounds excellent in fact. And not that thereís anything wrong with basic stuff either , thereís a place for everything. The crazy part , I know this dsp would make even basic gear compete with high end gear. Sad but true. Iíve installed countless times , hi end amps and speakers where (somebody in the sales process) thinks they donít need a processor. And end up spending 3-5k on a mediocre sounding system. Thatís too bad. Your miles ahead of most with this dsp.

Quote:
I have mine all setup and was at the point of starting the measurements but having an issue with the UMIK mic connecting to DLCT which I think is a W10 issue... I have a post about it with photos on the MiniDSP support forum.
I had that before, moved my mic to the usb on right side of laptop and works fine , (basically just changed USB ports it was on) than have my C pluginto one of the two left side USB ports. Crazy part is both my laptops did same thing and this fixed it on both as well. Do you have another usb ? Or is it a mini or two in 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
What target curves are you using?

Not sure yet, Iíll play with them once install is finished , they just shipped the unit today

óóóóóó

Hey does anyone have 48db slopes missing from there bass management?
Anyone know how to turn them back on?

Last edited by oabeieo; 06-11-2019 at 01:06 PM..
Old 06-11-2019   #144

Enthusiast

Could be interesting to run an iasca class with an oem vehicle and this dsp. Pretty sure there's a class for it.

Old 06-11-2019   #145

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

Quote:
Could be interesting to run an iasca class with an oem vehicle and this dsp. Pretty sure there's a class for it.

The 19 Kia Soul has perfect imaging (driver seat) they used some delay and the sort , I think it uses Dirac (not 100% ) but sure sounds like it does

The Following User Says Thank You to oabeieo For This Useful Post:
Jscoyne2 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019   #146
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 31 GreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enoughGreatLaBroski will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku View Post
It might cause other issues but maybe try starting up W10 in safe mode and see if it works. (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...c-in-safe-mode)

Otherwise follow this guide to remove as much things from running at startup as possible: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...e-startup-apps

2017 Chevy Bolt EV - Work in Progress: SS D3004/6040-10 Beryllium tweeters, SS 12mu mids, SS 18wu midbasses, SS 32w/4878T00 13" Subwoofer, SS 10F/4424 / Wavecor tw013wa01 (rear doors), SB65 (rear fill). MiniDSP C-DSP 8x12 v2 DL, Arc Audio KS 300.2 v2, Arc Audio SKS300.6 Prototype, Arc Audio KS300.4 v2
GreatLaBroski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreatLaBroski For This Useful Post:
oabeieo (06-11-2019), Truthunter (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019   #147

Enthusiast

12V Company:
FC -NCO-COL
Position:
MECP advanced certified,

One thing Iíve noticed is although my spread out measurements sound so much better than boxed in measurements, the HF (2.5k-6k) is a little off where I sit coming in hot at 5k for me. (Could just be the horns maybe maybe not)

So , instead of using peq I used REW and ran moving mic averages , got about 32 averages
Or more and than used my target in Dirac and made the adjustments from the target.

I really like the results. , sounds better to my ears than just using peq . Itís close but better LEft and right coherency ..... just an idea thatís working great for me.

Old 06-11-2019   #148
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Reboot Ur laptop. Connect umik. You should hear a ding. Now open dlct

My case was rew causing issues as well
Quote:
I had that before, moved my mic to the usb on right side of laptop and works fine , (basically just changed USB ports it was on) than have my C pluginto one of the two left side USB ports. Crazy part is both my laptops did same thing and this fixed it on both as well. Do you have another usb ? Or is it a mini or two in 1
I figured out the solution to this. I noticed that there was no "chime" when I plugged in the UMIK. I had to open windows settings > devices and clicked on the UMIK under the audio section and clicked "remove device". Then I re-plugged the mic in and windows "re-set" it up. No issues after that.... now off to measuring...

2015 Camry Build Log
The Following User Says Thank You to Truthunter For This Useful Post:
oabeieo (06-12-2019)
Old 06-11-2019   #149
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Starting this year, MECA stock class allows factory head units with an aftermarket DSP as long as it has less than 16bands per channel on it.

W̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶n̶g̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶e̶a̶s̶i̶e̶r̶/̶f̶a̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶e̶t̶u̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶h̶e̶a̶d̶u̶n̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶p̶u̶t̶
s̶̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶D̶i̶r̶a̶c̶ ̶L̶i̶v̶e̶.̶ ̶ ̶J̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶w̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶a̶r̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶.̶ ̶ ̶-̶ ̶i̶n̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶&̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶p̶u̶t̶ ̶e̶q̶ ̶a̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶T̶A̶
a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶A̶P̶F̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶a̶c̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶s̶i̶g̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶l̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶.̶.̶.̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶
t̶o̶ ̶p̶a̶y̶ ̶$̶9̶0̶0̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶.

:EDIT: The strikethough statement above is inaccurate. As pointed out by another member - Dirac test signals do not originate from the source so it will not correct any eq, ta, etc. from the source. Thanks to ET328 for the correction.

There still may be a way to accomplish this though and is discussed later in this thread starting at post # 185.

2015 Camry Build Log

Last edited by Truthunter; 06-12-2019 at 06:06 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Truthunter For This Useful Post:
GreatLaBroski (06-11-2019), Jscoyne2 (06-11-2019)
Old 06-11-2019   #150

Enthusiast

Quote:
Starting this year, MECA stock class allows factory head units with an aftermarket DSP as long as it has less than 16bands per channel on it.

Which brings up a point of how much easier/faster it will be to detune the factory headunits outputs with Dirac Live. Just draw your target and it does everything. - input & output eq along with TA and would likely correct for any APFs the factory signal has applied too... but just got to be willing to pay $900 for it.
$900 trophy printer.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jscoyne2 For This Useful Post:
GreatLaBroski (06-11-2019)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement