What tuning do ya recommend for Rap/Hip hop/dance/edm/electronic/ r&b music? - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #1

Rep Power: 81 lilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enough

Default What port frequency do ya recommend for Rap/Hip hop/dance/edm/electronic/ r&b music?

Gonna get another box made what port frequency do recommend for Rap/Hip hop/dance/edm/electronic/r & b music?

Last edited by lilflippy; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:52 AM..
lilflippy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #2
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,125 Posts
Rep Power: 442 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: What tuning do ya recommend for Rap/Hip hop/dance/edm/electronic/ r&b music?

the music genre doesnt matter. signal is signal. recreating it accurately is recreating it accurately.

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to SkizeR For This Useful Post:
MrGreen83 (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #3

Rep Power: 81 lilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enoughlilflippy will become famous soon enough

Default Re: What tuning do ya recommend for Rap/Hip hop/dance/edm/electronic/ r&b music?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
the music genre doesnt matter. signal is signal. recreating it accurately is recreating it accurately.
So what do you recommend?

Old 3 Weeks Ago   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
High Definition Mobile Audio
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 335 Niebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond reputeNiebur3 has a reputation beyond repute

Actually look up one of the house curves. There are several on this site. These are general tunes for tuning. Doesn't matter what kind of music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
There is a difference between overkill and bad. Your idea isn't overkill, it's bad.
Niebur3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 86 DavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enoughDavidRam will become famous soon enough

For rap and hip hop, I usually tune it to mute.

2018 Jeep GC - AF GB10s, GB25s, GS690s, Zapco ST & Mosconi Pico amps, (2) AF GB12s, Helix Pro MK2 & Director, Fiio X5
My wife was furious when she overheard me say I want to do a 3 way in my Jeep.
DavidRam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 152 quickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the roughquickaudi07 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflippy View Post
So what do you recommend?
What Skizer is trying to tell you, Whatever box you make, make sure its correct box for the specific sub, signal is signal, tuning is tuning. it will make things easier if everything is correct.

I have 2 tunes, one when i want to listen to SQ and pure sq, the other one is happy SQ, thats when i want it loud, clean, accurate, and for my enjoyment only.

2013 VW CC and as I said down low!

When You Think Your Done! Reality is..... is just the beginning
quickaudi07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickaudi07 View Post
What Skizer is trying to tell you, Whatever box you make, make sure its correct box for the specific sub, signal is signal, tuning is tuning. it will make things easier if everything is correct.

I have 2 tunes, one when i want to listen to SQ and pure sq, the other one is happy SQ, thats when i want it loud, clean, accurate, and for my enjoyment only.
What i meant is what should i tune the port frequency for the new box?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Complacent Audio
Position:
Incoherent rambler

Rep Power: 300 Hillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond reputeHillbilly SQ has a reputation beyond repute

What sub?

'16 single cab Ram Tradesman ST with HEMI...Pioneer avh-501ex...Helix dsp.2...Helix G-Five...Zapco ST-4X SQ...LPG 26na...Audiofrog gb25...Scanspeak Discovery 7"...IDQ12v4d4...Tread lightly-you never know what someone is going through until you have to walk in their shoes
Hillbilly SQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 189 Bayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud ofBayboy has much to be proud of

Default Re: What port frequency do ya recommend for Rap/Hip hop/dance/edm/electronic/ r&b mus

There's no particular frequency you should target for Hip-Hop. What you want is a flat response from the cab anyway regardless of roll-off point which will only exist within a set box size. Parametric EQ cuts can then be applied once in the car. The fact that you're going with ported to begin with will have a major advantage over sealed with that genre. That said, anything from 30-39hz would be fine.

Man & Machine... Power Extreme!

Bayboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Bayboy For This Useful Post:
lilflippy (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 159 naiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enoughnaiku will become famous soon enough

You're kind of missing everyone's point. There is no recommended frequency.

In addition, without knowing what subwoofer you are planning to use and how much space you have in your trunk for an enclosure, you may as well be asking what the tire you should use, but not telling us if it is for a car, SUV, truck, bicycle etc.

Some old luggage

naiku is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillbilly SQ View Post
What sub?
I'm going with two brutal sounds 10" minibrute in a 2.5 cu ft net box
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61646530_2231559953823537_8025927990724526080_n.jpg (304.1 KB, 14 views)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiku View Post
You're kind of missing everyone's point. There is no recommended frequency.

In addition, without knowing what subwoofer you are planning to use and how much space you have in your trunk for an enclosure, you may as well be asking what the tire you should use, but not telling us if it is for a car, SUV, truck, bicycle etc.

I have a 05 ford f350 crew cab and i have two of the brutal sounds 10" minibrutes going in a 2.5 cu ft net box behind the rear seat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 61646530_2231559953823537_8025927990724526080_n.jpg (304.1 KB, 15 views)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 129 Alrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enoughAlrojoca will become famous soon enough

Can't tune for a favorite genre, could tune for a favorite track or cd if it sounds like crap sometimes. But then the rest will not be ideal.

Some head units have EQ settings for genres, but I've never liked any, Rock EQ seems the only one that makes all music sound better to me any way, (the iPod phone playback)
Car head units? I have not found one preset that I can say is better than flat EQ?

The music already has unrealistic non musical bass to begin with and the original bass response tuned may disappoint the bass heads.

All you can do is have good Dynamat, good components that can play loud and clear, and all the installation basics.

At the end of the day, it should sound good to you, not to everyone else., and tuning for it, most likely will destroy the rest of the music types available.
Alrojoca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alrojoca View Post
Can't tune for a favorite genre, could tune for a favorite track or cd if it sounds like crap sometimes. But then the rest will not be ideal.

Some head units have EQ settings for genres, but I've never liked any, Rock EQ seems the only one that makes all music sound better to me any way, (the iPod phone playback)
Car head units? I have not found one preset that I can say is better than flat EQ?

The music already has unrealistic non musical bass to begin with and the original bass response tuned may disappoint the bass heads.

All you can do is have good Dynamat, good components that can play loud and clear, and all the installation basics.

At the end of the day, it should sound good to you, not to everyone else., and tuning for it, most likely will destroy the rest of the music types available.
I meant what port frequency should i set the new box to?
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #15

Rep Power: 7 Zardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilflippy View Post
I meant what port frequency should i set the new box to?
30 HZ is the number you want. The Fs of that woofer is 29.6 and if you are listening to EDM, you want as low a tuning frequency as possible without going below Fs, so 30 HZ is where I would tune it. One 4 " port that is 12" long and you are golden. If you want two ports, go 3" and make them 15" long.
Zardnok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to Zardnok For This Useful Post:
lilflippy (3 Weeks Ago)
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zardnok View Post
30 HZ is the number you want. The Fs of that woofer is 29.6 and if you are listening to EDM, you want as low a tuning frequency as possible without going below Fs, so 30 HZ is where I would tune it. One 4 " port that is 12" long and you are golden. If you want two ports, go 3" and make them 15" long.
It would be one port on the side of the box firing to the side
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #17

Rep Power: 7 Zardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enoughZardnok will become famous soon enough

If you are doing a truck style wedge box with a single port, I would likely do a slot port instead of round as it will be easier. A single 4" port is approximately 12.5 in^2, so make your slot port 12.5 in^2 and 12" long.
Zardnok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement