Zapco DC software - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 S141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enough

Default Zapco DC software

I own a Zapco DC360.4. My amp have been sitting in my basement for the last 10 years. I want to use it in my new truck but i tried to run the software I had V 1.32 and it doesn't work and start in demo mode only. I did try to download the 1.41 driver from the zapco website and it haven't solve my issue. I don't know why but I can't download the software from the zapco website. Anyone could help me ? I own a 1st gen Dc360.4 with symbilink

Other question , what is the base setting of the amp since I will use it with a dsp. Does I really need to have the software working to have my amp working or I'm just fucked ..
Thanks

DRZ-9255 Zapco 1000.4 Zapco 360.4 Zapco 500.1 Peeless Exclusive , Nakamichi sub etc
S141995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2

Rep Power: 29 Nineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enough

I have the DC656 and the DSP Z8, both use the same software. I'm not using the DC656 amp and I believe both pieces came with software disc's. I know the those work because I use it on the Z8. I have the boxes and the amp new in its box. This weekend I could go through the boxes and see if I still have an extra copy of the disc. I believe it will work on yours as well. Mau need to give Zapcos tech line a call to see. Shot me your email and we can see what we can do.
Best of luck.

New Build-
2017 GMC Sierra All-Terrian, Zacpo, Morel, DD Audio
Nineteen69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #3
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,612 Times in 1,120 Posts
Rep Power: 442 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Zapco DC software

Hate to say this, but your best bet is to get rid of it. Those things are nothing but nightmares

SkizeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #4

Rep Power: 29 Nineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enoughNineteen69Mach1 will become famous soon enough

Haven't messed with the amps and the software hints the DC656 still new in box lol, but I've had good luck with the Z8 DSP and the software.
What issues have you seen or dealt with on these?

New Build-
2017 GMC Sierra All-Terrian, Zacpo, Morel, DD Audio
Nineteen69Mach1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 S141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enoughS141995 will become famous soon enough

First i downloaded the 1.32 software without running it. I did just the install. Then i downloard the driver and this work fine. Then i hook my amp to my laptop and open the software i have a message network not connected and it will be open in demo mode

DRZ-9255 Zapco 1000.4 Zapco 360.4 Zapco 500.1 Peeless Exclusive , Nakamichi sub etc
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 given_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enough

In your device manager, under network amplifier, does it have a yellow triangle on the icon? If so, Windows hasn't installed the correct driver yet.

Just installed this software on Windows 10 yesterday for my DC500.1 so I may be able to help you out.
given_to is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

What version of software do you have? Thanks a lot for your help btw

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 given_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enoughgiven_to will become famous soon enough

Software I have is 1.41 I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 1 Week Ago   #9

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 96 Elektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by given_to View Post
In your device manager, under network amplifier, does it have a yellow triangle on the icon? If so, Windows hasn't installed the correct driver yet.

Just installed this software on Windows 10 yesterday for my DC500.1 so I may be able to help you out.

Does 1.41 work on windows 10?

I have a DC1100.1 that I am planning to use...

My laptop has windows 10 professional on it - was thinking of getting windows XP on it as a virtual OS with my windows 10 professional - but if windows 10 works then I won’t bother

Something about 32bit and 64bit OS that may cause issues...

Elektra is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
Does 1.41 work on windows 10?

I have a DC1100.1 that I am planning to use...

My laptop has windows 10 professional on it - was thinking of getting windows XP on it as a virtual OS with my windows 10 professional - but if windows 10 works then I won’t bother

Something about 32bit and 64bit OS that may cause issues...

It does, but there's a few extra steps you have to do because of the way 10 handles driver certifications. Youll get this message when 10 tries to install the driver.

The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.

All that means is that the driver doesn't have a Windows authentication certificate. These are the steps you have to take to temporarily disable device driver signing in 10.

Select the “Start” button.
Type “startup”.
Select “Change advanced startup settings“.
Select “Restart now” under the “Advanced startup” area.
Select “Troubleshoot“.
Select “Advanced Options“.
Select “Startup Options“.
Select “Restart“.
A menu will appear where you can press “7” on your keyboard to choose “Disable driver signing enforcement“.
Now Device Driver Signing should be disabled, allowing you to install any driver you like in Windows 10 until you reboot.

After that, windows should install the driver correctly and you should be able to run the 1.41 version of the software and have it recognize the amp.

Old 1 Week Ago   #11

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 96 Elektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished roadElektra is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It does, but there's a few extra steps you have to do because of the way 10 handles driver certifications. Youll get this message when 10 tries to install the driver.

The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.

All that means is that the driver doesn't have a Windows authentication certificate. These are the steps you have to take to temporarily disable device driver signing in 10.

Type “startup”.
Select “Troubleshoot“.
Select “Restart“.
A menu will appear where you can press “7” on your keyboard to choose “Disable driver signing enforcement“.
Now Device Driver Signing should be disabled, allowing you to install any driver you like in Windows 10 until you reboot.

After that, windows should install the driver correctly and you should be able to run the 1.41 version of the software and have it recognize the amp.

Ok cool - thanks

I’ll give it a try later today - only installing the amp now and only going to really power it up when my new sub arrives in the next 2 weeks or so...

But I presume if the software loads on the laptop then I presume it’s gonna work?

Old 1 Week Ago   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Ok cool - thanks

I’ll give it a try later today - only installing the amp now and only going to really power it up when my new sub arrives in the next 2 weeks or so...

But I presume if the software loads on the laptop then I presume it’s gonna work?

Load the software first but don't run it. Make sure you know where you've downloaded the 64bit drivers to on your HD. Do the steps I mentioned above.

Then power up the amp and plug it into your PC. Once the driver is installed then run the program. If it comes up and it's in demo mode it didn't work and you'll know as there's a demo mode message. Bear in mind that once it is connected you have to use use the admin login on the program to make and save any changes. FYI the admin password is set as Zapco123 from the factory. You may have to update the firmware on the amp to match the 1.41 version of the program but it will prompt you for that as well. Go ahead and download it from Zapco along with the 64 bit drivers just in case.

Old 1 Week Ago   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

Finally I gave up and sold my dc360 locally. I found a Ag650 for the same price. It solve my issue and it give me 2 more chanel to use with a 3 way set up. Thanks for the help guys ! Btw , I did tried to contact zapco a week ago and got nothing back from them...... What a crappy services.... I was looking at their DSP but fuck off I wont spend 700$ on a dsp without having aftersale service or support !

Old 1 Week Ago   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 233 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Load the software first but don't run it. Make sure you know where you've downloaded the 64bit drivers to on your HD. Do the steps I mentioned above.

Then power up the amp and plug it into your PC. Once the driver is installed then run the program. If it comes up and it's in demo mode it didn't work and you'll know as there's a demo mode message. Bear in mind that once it is connected you have to use use the admin login on the program to make and save any changes. FYI the admin password is set as Zapco123 from the factory. You may have to update the firmware on the amp to match the 1.41 version of the program but it will prompt you for that as well. Go ahead and download it from Zapco along with the 64 bit drivers just in case.

You're saying the 1.41 software worked on an original series DC amp? Not the second series? If so, that is good news for me... I need to get into my amps and wipe them so there is no DSP going at all. The amps themselves are great, it's Zapco's damned software I've always had hell with. I've got a Z8 sitting on the shelf I can't do anything with, after drooling over one for years.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'04 Tahoe -- Pioneer/ID HLCDs/SI TM65 mkII x4/JBL W15GTi x3/Zapco Z-series & Z8
'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
tRidiot is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 1 Week Ago   #15

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tRidiot View Post
You're saying the 1.41 software worked on an original series DC amp? Not the second series? If so, that is good news for me... I need to get into my amps and wipe them so there is no DSP going at all. The amps themselves are great, it's Zapco's damned software I've always had hell with. I've got a Z8 sitting on the shelf I can't do anything with, after drooling over one for years.

Yes it did - when I ran my DC amps I had the 1.41 software on them - my laptop got stolen which had the 1.41 software loaded on it the laptop had XP on it my new laptop has windows 10 professional on it.

I have the amp so may as well use it. But yeah it’s becoming a dinosaur because Zapco are not updating the software for newer computers - Zapco had nice gear but yeah they don’t always get back to you although John did help out back when I had the gear..

I prefer the Audiotec Fischer stuff I email Julian all the time and he always responds especially if it to do with technical support.

Zapco I dunno - not sure if I would support them going forward....

Old 1 Week Ago   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:

Yep. Mine is symbilink input only so I would assume it's a first series. The software itself ran just fine without even having to use compatibility mode. It was the driver that was a pain.

Old 1 Week Ago   #17
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by S141995 View Post
Finally I gave up and sold my dc360 locally. I found a Ag650 for the same price. It solve my issue and it give me 2 more chanel to use with a 3 way set up. Thanks for the help guys ! Btw , I did tried to contact zapco a week ago and got nothing back from them...... What a crappy services.... I was looking at their DSP but fuck off I wont spend 700$ on a dsp without having aftersale service or support !

I understand. Thought quite a bit about selling mine and looking at a Studio-XM amp but there's a lot of nice tech besides the built-in DSP on the DC amps. And I got it new for an absolute steal.

Old 1 Week Ago   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 233 tRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond reputetRidiot has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:

Type “startup”.
Select “Troubleshoot“.
Select “Restart“.

When I told it the location of the drivers, it didn't bring up that message you mentioned about the hash... it just said it couldn't find any driver. I was about to try the driver signing trick you mentioned, but then I got called away and couldn't get back to it. I am hoping to give it another shot this afternoon. We'll see how it works. I have held off swapping in my TM65mkIIs for a couple of years because I didn't want to mess with the amps, but if I can get into the system to do proper tuning again, I can pull out my Dyn MW170s and sell them... I think the TM65s will suit my taste more, anyways.

"You never know why you're alive until you know what you would die for." - Bart Millard

'09 370Z -- Pioneer/Morel/Dynaudio/SI Magv3 x2/Sundown and Zapco DC amps and DRC-SL
Old 1 Week Ago   #19
DIYMA 500 Club

Default Zapco DC software

Quote:
When I told it the location of the drivers, it didn't bring up that message you mentioned about the hash... it just said it couldn't find any driver. I was about to try the driver signing trick you mentioned, but then I got called away and couldn't get back to it. I am hoping to give it another shot this afternoon. We'll see how it works. I have held off swapping in my TM65mkIIs for a couple of years because I didn't want to mess with the amps, but if I can get into the system to do proper tuning again, I can pull out my Dyn MW170s and sell them... I think the TM65s will suit my taste more, anyways.
Yeah it won't give you the message until it makes the attempt to install the driver which it can't do if it can't locate the file.

2 things I can think of happened there. Make sure you downloaded the 64-bit driver. And the other is did you extract the driver's from the compressed download file? Probably dumb questions but I've gotten ahead of myself from time to time and done one or the other.

Old 1 Week Ago   #20

Enthusiast

Quote:
Yeah it won't give you the message until it makes the attempt to install the driver which it can't do if it can't locate the file.

2 things I can think of happened there. Make sure you downloaded the 64-bit driver. And the other is did you extract the driver's from the compressed download file? Probably dumb questions but I've gotten ahead of myself from time to time and done one or the other.

Do you need to have the amp connected to sort out the software? Assuming the amp is already on the correct software?

Old 1 Week Ago   #21
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Do you need to have the amp connected to sort out the software? Assuming the amp is already on the correct software?

Yep. But don't even mess with starting the software until you get the driver sorted. It will only come up in demo mode.

Old 1 Week Ago   #22
DIYMA 500 Club

Yeah! I got in! Got access!

Hell, maybe I should break out my old Z8 and see if I can get it to work again? This new Windows Surface Pro is so sweet, man.

And holy CRAP, but the settings on my amps were screwy! My midrange was so screwed up, and I didn't even notice how bad it was! It ALMOST looked like the curve and crossover points I had on my Anarchy mids in the Tahoe, but I can't fathom why that would have been stored in there??? Maybe that's why I've never liked my MW170s as much as I expected I would? I thought I had done some decent tuning on them, but hell no, they were ALL screwed up! lol

Old 1 Week Ago   #23
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Yeah! I got in! Got access!

Hell, maybe I should break out my old Z8 and see if I can get it to work again? This new Windows Surface Pro is so sweet, man.

And holy CRAP, but the settings on my amps were screwy! My midrange was so screwed up, and I didn't even notice how bad it was! It ALMOST looked like the curve and crossover points I had on my Anarchy mids in the Tahoe, but I can't fathom why that would have been stored in there??? Maybe that's why I've never liked my MW170s as much as I expected I would? I thought I had done some decent tuning on them, but hell no, they were ALL screwed up! lol

Glad you got it working!

Old 2 Days Ago   #24
DIYMA 500 Club

Anyone have the 1.41 software version ?

Old 2 Days Ago   #25
DIYMA 500 Club

That's the one available for download on Zapcos Dropbox if I'm not mistaken.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement