Hello! - Bass transducers and more questions... - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2019   #1

Rep Power: 0 shakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enough

Default Hello! - Bass transducers and more questions...

Hi guys and thank you for a wonderful forum.

This is my first post, so please go easy on me

I'm wanting to get some very bass in my car (it's just a bit of a project for me)....nothing special.

I've bought some cheap bass transducers. I don't want to localise the bass to under a seat and want to instead bolt the transducers onto a plywood (or something similar) which is then bolted to the floor.

My questions are:

1. How can I bolt down a piece of plywood to the floor security?
2. What can I do to make sure that it's solidly secure and won't rattle?
3. How can I make sure any holes I drill do not let water into the car?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited by shakebass; 06-21-2019 at 01:36 PM..
shakebass is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2019   #2

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 55 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Hello! - Bass transducers and more questions...

Rivnuts
Butyl dampening squares
I use automotive touch up paint on holes drilled then loctite blue putty on the screw threads. If you are really worried then put some RTV Grey gasketmaker on the underside

GL with the project, post pics!
dcfis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2019   #3

Rep Power: 0 shakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enoughshakebass will become famous soon enough

Thanks very much dcfis.

I'm based in UK. Due to a few misfortunes, I needed to do to help with my stress problems, hence I took on this little project......But to be honest I'm on a very very low budget and need recommendation of a cheap amp that can handle two 100w bass shakers...can you recommend any please? Or would the android stereo I own (link below) be able to handle them on its own?

h t t p s : / / w w w . youtube.com/watch?v=ojbz_2r3xpg

Thanks ever so much!

Old 06-21-2019   #4

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 55 dcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enoughdcfis will become famous soon enough

Pioneer at Walmart is our go to in the states. Some are starting wolfram is making powerful good amps for cheap now too.

The Northern part of your island provides the best stress relief in the whole world😁j/k and not meaning to minimize and real stress concerns. Take care of yourself first
Old 06-21-2019   #5

Enthusiast

If you are just using those Shaker things why not mount directly to the seatback?
Old 06-21-2019   #6

Your right... Scotland is beautiful... But too cold for me.

We don't have wolfram here... I was thinking of getting a lepy lp-2020a 2ch amp...I use this model at home for a single bass shaker.... It's 4ohms though....what do you think?

Being a 7 seater, it's not ideal for having these on bottom or back of seats as it might be too much for some.

Last edited by shakebass; 06-22-2019 at 03:20 AM..
Old 06-22-2019   #7

Can anyone please help me with the above and recommend a cheap amp that I can buy for two 100W bass shakers?

These are the bass-shakers:

h t t p s : / / w w w .amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002LQAHPE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2OXE6TUF4TIAU&psc=1

Will a lp-2020a 2ch amp be able to handle two of these? If not, what else can you recommend?
Old 06-22-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:
Auto electrician/Fabricator

Rep Power: 157 dumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enough

Slow down, Iím in the uk, let me have a look so you donít buy a pile of garbage 👍🏼
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to dumdum For This Useful Post:
shakebass (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Slow down, Iím in the uk, let me have a look so you donít buy a pile of garbage 👍🏼
Thanks dumdum. Just to let you know - I've used a Lepy 2024A and it sounds great on 1 bass-shaker, even though it's only 20W x 2 RMS - The whole sofa vibrates and I have to turn the bass down

But I just need a similar priced amp that can handle two bass shakers at once. I was just about to purchase the amp below, but now, I'll wait for you

h t t p s : / / w w w .amazon.co.uk/Nobsound-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Wireless-Receiver-black/dp/B0725PJQQV/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=50w+rms+amplifier+car&qid=1561 236198&s=gateway&sr=8-5#customerReviews

....Remember, I'm not a boy racer and it's actually a family vehicle, so it's just some decent bass, without blowing someone's ear drums out
Old 06-22-2019   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Rep Power: 157 dumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enough

Right first off Iíd be mounting them on the front seat frames and put the remote on a switch 👍🏼

No the stereo wonít do it, itís probably 10 watts maximum on a good day and at normal listening levels itís probably less than 1 watt!

Iíd look for a second hand jbl gto 2 channel amp from eBay, or if you want to future proof I have a jbl 4 channel 4x 105w rms amp in the garage which will be for sale, but itís 75 quid and shipping unless you live near Nottinghamshire 👍🏼
Old 06-22-2019   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
Right first off Iíd be mounting them on the front seat frames and put the remote on a switch 👍🏼

No the stereo wonít do it, itís probably 10 watts maximum on a good day and at normal listening levels itís probably less than 1 watt!

Iíd look for a second hand jbl gto 2 channel amp from eBay, or if you want to future proof I have a jbl 4 channel 4x 105w rms amp in the garage which will be for sale, but itís 75 quid and shipping unless you live near Nottinghamshire 👍🏼
Thanks for the recommendation mate. Sadly as mentioned earlier, I can't afford much due to some misfortunes I've had. I can't afford more than £30 for an amp at the most...I don't mind used. Really sorry bud.
Old 06-22-2019   #12
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakebass View Post
Thanks dumdum. Just to let you know - I've used a Lepy 2024A and it sounds great on 1 bass-shaker, even though it's only 20W x 2 RMS - The whole sofa vibrates and I have to turn the bass down

But I just need a similar priced amp that can handle two bass shakers at once. I was just about to purchase the amp below, but now, I'll wait for you

h t t p s : / / w w w .amazon.co.uk/Nobsound-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Wireless-Receiver-black/dp/B0725PJQQV/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=50w+rms+amplifier+car&qid=1561 236198&s=gateway&sr=8-5#customerReviews

....Remember, I'm not a boy racer and it's actually a family vehicle, so it's just some decent bass, without blowing someone's ear drums out
The lepy is for 240v though if your using it in your house? Get a car amplifier thatís designed to run on 12v otherwise itíll be a paperweight!

You do realise these donít actually give any bass also, they vibrate things and are used to simulate bass, but a little sub would be far better for in a vehicle!

Sounds like your on a tight budget, the cheapest amp Iíd recommend would be from eBay second hand, buying mega cheap stuff for a car will get you the likes of auna which are notorious for being very few components in a big heatsink that do a tenth of the power advertised 👍🏼
shakebass (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Look in your local area on gumtree for a jbl amplifier that fits your budget, thereís a few on eBay currently, but I have no clue where youíre from roughly and some are 30 quid but collect in person
shakebass (06-22-2019)
Old 06-22-2019   #14

Thanks for your input mate. I'm in Yorkshire. The amp needs to be pretty small though. Don't forget, the vehicle it's going into is for family usage and not a boy racer car, hence I'm not looking for something that blasts the windows...just reasonable bass.

Have a look at this ebay item: 283523658423 ...is this what you're talking about?

Last edited by shakebass; 06-22-2019 at 03:36 PM..
Old 06-22-2019   #15

Right I've found a used JBL GTO 4000 for £30... What do you think???
Old 06-23-2019   #16
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Quote:
Right I've found a used JBL GTO 4000 for £30... What do you think???
Snap it up, very suitable for what you require and a decent price

You do realise though that a subwoofer can be subtle and doesnít have to be run flat out trying to remove fillings, it makes me sad that people always assume this

You are majorly missing out by not using a sub, even a 10Ē gt4 will add far more in my opinion with a level control and a crossover set well... itís only as loud as you set it, but you wonít get any audible bass from a shaker, thatís entirely not the point of a shaker at all

If youíre ever in Derbyshire be sure to drop me a PM and I will show you how subtle and nice a sub can sound 👍🏼
shakebass (06-23-2019)
Old 06-24-2019   #17

Oh man! I'm such an unlucky person. Whilst awaiting your reply, the JBL sold. I'll just have to keep hunting for another one.

I agree with what your saying mate about the sub, but the problem is that I'm very limited with space. I'm not looking for any massive bass system...just a little bit of bass needs to be added to the currently tinny sound system. Let's (at least for now) try it out and see how it goes...if it sounds like a pile of crap, then I'll try to add a subwoofer too.

However I have another dilemma. I've bought a used xtrons 10.1" TS109L head-unit with Android 6.0 which is on it's way to me. I've now been told by a friend that it's not that good, i.e. 1GB Ram and 16Gb Rom and certain apps and maps won't run or be extremely sluggish.

I'm thinking of returning it and purchasing a bit better unit which has at least 4gb ram. But there are features that I would prefer in order of priority:

Bluetooth
Handsfree
Reverse Camera Parking
Plenty of android community support/hacks
Sat Nav
Dash-Cam
6"+ Screen
Cage size is Double-Din (180mm by 103mm)

I don't mind it being a used model, so long as it's good quality.

I look forward to your reply.

Last edited by shakebass; 06-24-2019 at 06:18 AM..
Old 06-25-2019   #18
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Quote:
Oh man! I'm such an unlucky person. Whilst awaiting your reply, the JBL sold. I'll just have to keep hunting for another one.

I agree with what your saying mate about the sub, but the problem is that I'm very limited with space. I'm not looking for any massive bass system...just a little bit of bass needs to be added to the currently tinny sound system. Let's (at least for now) try it out and see how it goes...if it sounds like a pile of crap, then I'll try to add a subwoofer too.

However I have another dilemma. I've bought a used xtrons 10.1" TS109L head-unit with Android 6.0 which is on it's way to me. I've now been told by a friend that it's not that good, i.e. 1GB Ram and 16Gb Rom and certain apps and maps won't run or be extremely sluggish.

I'm thinking of returning it and purchasing a bit better unit which has at least 4gb ram. But there are features that I would prefer in order of priority:

Bluetooth
Handsfree
Reverse Camera Parking
Plenty of android community support/hacks
Sat Nav
Dash-Cam
6"+ Screen
Cage size is Double-Din (180mm by 103mm)

I don't mind it being a used model, so long as it's good quality.

I look forward to your reply.
I can honestly say that every android headunit Iíve heard has sounded like a pile of junk! Iíve not got a good thing to say about them, and if you ever get issues itís a new unit as spares donít happen!

Personally I want a headunit to play music, I have a phone to be android... and as music players android units suck balls majorly! You wonít find any decent reviews for one regards itís sq vs even a cheap pioneer for example!
Old 06-25-2019   #19

I see what you mean mate.

In that case, can you please recommend a non-android stereo which:

1. Is preferably double din and face-lift.
2. Allows the user to make hands free calls.
3. Bluetooth/usb/memory card
4. Preferably has DAB.
5. Has the option for reverse camera parking

Note: if option number 5 is not available, then i might still be able to get away with it by instead purchasing a cheap dashcam mirror which can do all this.

I look forward to your recommendations
Old 06-26-2019   #20

Rep Power: 9 XSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enoughXSVTOYZ will become famous soon enough

I dont mind offering assistance but you came on a site where we have big bass and big power and yet keep saying when we say sub woofer "Im not a boy racer"
I feel to insult us who have big bass "we are boy racers?"
I agree to help but let up on the insults
get a sub and quit faking the bass its more about good sound than shaking the seats
you can stuff a sub anywhere if you want to
I have a single cab mini and 1200w and 2 10in subs and the seat goes far enough
a single 6.5 and a long shallow box with 200w would make your vehicle sound so good

10 psi boosted Tacoma// skar 6x8 tweeter unhooked//skar tweeters //silk dome skar//live nex 5000 //Brutus BRX 5016.5 //skar vd-10.4 x2 // 200 amp alt// 2 gauge big 3 //agm 24f // sound deadened
XSVTOYZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2019   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSVTOYZ View Post
I dont mind offering assistance but you came on a site where we have big bass and big power and yet keep saying when we say sub woofer "Im not a boy racer"
I feel to insult us who have big bass "we are boy racers?"
I agree to help but let up on the insults
get a sub and quit faking the bass its more about good sound than shaking the seats
you can stuff a sub anywhere if you want to
I have a single cab mini and 1200w and 2 10in subs and the seat goes far enough
a single 6.5 and a long shallow box with 200w would make your vehicle sound so good
I'm truly sorry mate if I caused any offense ....I didn't mean to. It looks like I've come across wrongly and I can only apologise for that. I was just trying to say that I'm not big into bass, but I'm looking at creating a system which has some reasonable bass.

Sorry again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement