Click file for ear time alignment - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2019   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:
Auto electrician/Fabricator

Rep Power: 159 dumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enough

Default Click file for ear time alignment

Does anyone by chance have a copy? I have found a thread with a google hosted file that is long gone, just fancy a play...
dumdum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2019   #2

Rep Power: 36 Petererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Click file for ear time alignment

google speaker pop test

Studio Six Digital, speaker pop test signal .wav format

works and used it on iphone, doesn't work on desktop
Petererc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Rep Power: 159 dumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enoughdumdum will become famous soon enough

oddly i have that for a polarity testing app on a usb already, i will have a play and see if it has the desired effect

the one i am speaking off was in a thread from 2017

Old 07-11-2019   #4

Rep Power: 36 Petererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enoughPetererc will become famous soon enough

Yea , I believe that might have been the same thread I read. Had to search internet high and low and found the pop test. Worked well for me with two way front stage, way better than frying my brain with pink noise trying to hear a doppler effect. It’s cool you can hear the pop move across the windshield, hope it works out for you
Old 07-11-2019   #5
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,235 Posts
Rep Power: 455 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

you shouldnt need to be adjusting timing by ear more than a few clicks if you use a tape measure properly. Also, the click track isnt very accurate by ear. Try mono pink noise if you really have to adjust timing. More so than not, EQ/levels are to blame for center being off. Not timing. Timing is very easy to get right.

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019   #6
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 372 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizeR View Post
you shouldnt need to be adjusting timing by ear more than a few clicks if you use a tape measure properly. Also, the click track isnt very accurate by ear. Try mono pink noise if you really have to adjust timing. More so than not, EQ/levels are to blame for center being off. Not timing. Timing is very easy to get right.
Yup!

The only tool you need for timing is a measuring tape. As long as you measure carefully it will be the most accurate method as well.
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2019   #7
Upgrade Your Membership!

Prisoner

12V Company:
Apicella Auto Sound
Position:
Janitor

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,235 Posts
Rep Power: 455 SkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond reputeSkizeR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijoe View Post
Yup!

The only tool you need for timing is a measuring tape. As long as you measure carefully it will be the most accurate method as well.
Well, not exactly, but very close. It gets deeper than just using a tape measure, but then were talking about taking phase and impulse response measurements which are much harder to do/decipher and will only have a slight improvement through the crossovers

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SkizeR is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 306 LBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond reputeLBaudio has a reputation beyond repute

^ x 2
it gets much deeper, much more work with all the measurements, but results are better than just tape measure

For Fast Moving Concerts
Team LB audio
Team Hybrid Audio
Team BRAX
Team SCB
LBaudio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2019   #9

fwiw, in my experience (rookie status) with the 80prs first time going active, I wasn't successful with the tape measure, pink noise doppler, Tracerite and definitely not my ears. I had more success with the speaker pop test and 16 band test tones for eq. Jumping in over my head with three way active was a learning experience. Reading about phase, impulse response, buying a umik-1 and setting T/A with Holimpulse proved to me that yes indeed the tape measure gets you close. However with the sub not so much, I group delayed the font stage to have wiggle room to get the sub in phase with the midbass. Then had to cut the right mid 3db to center the stage with the 31 band eq tracks. I guess what I am getting at is what has already been stated, is there's more to tuning than just a tape measure.
Old 07-12-2019   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 372 gijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond reputegijoe has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petererc View Post
fwiw, in my experience (rookie status) with the 80prs first time going active, I wasn't successful with the tape measure, pink noise doppler, Tracerite and definitely not my ears. I had more success with the speaker pop test and 16 band test tones for eq. Jumping in over my head with three way active was a learning experience. Reading about phase, impulse response, buying a umik-1 and setting T/A with Holimpulse proved to me that yes indeed the tape measure gets you close. However with the sub not so much, I group delayed the font stage to have wiggle room to get the sub in phase with the midbass. Then had to cut the right mid 3db to center the stage with the 31 band eq tracks. I guess what I am getting at is what has already been stated, is there's more to tuning than just a tape measure.
As noted, there is a big difference between TA and EQ. Both are required, and to some extent (depending on the frequency) both will help center the stage. Using a measuring tape will get you very, very close to done, you may need to make small adjustments, but changing it by more than a few clicks means that most likely the issue is one of levels, so you'll need L/R EQ to fix it.

TA is all about arrival times, sound travels at a pretty predictable speed, so simple distance measurements will get you super close to done. It's really not a complicated thing.
gijoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2019   #11
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Itís more the sub Iím trying to get right, Iím also trying to find my way through holmimpulse and also contemplating a behringer mic so I can use loopback as it doesnít work so well with a usb and a timing chirp... well I havenít worked it out yet if indeed it can be done
Old 07-13-2019   #12

https://www.diysubwoofers.org/misc/holmimpulse/ta.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Petererc For This Useful Post:
dumdum (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019   #13
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

To my simple brain I should be able to open up crossovers and get a delay figure from a chirp displayed in a timed environment, driver vs driver Iíd think, surely if the mic is at the head position and both play a sweep or whatever for a ms and you purposefully spaced the drivers 20ms apart, then read the time between the two... so if it turns out to be 21.6ms then the delay would need to be 1.6ms if you follow my logic
Old 07-13-2019   #14
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Nottinghamshire Police
Position:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petererc View Post
Thanks bud, Iíd found that one already and had a play with some pc speakers at work deliberately placing the mic various distances from them... I think when it was so close it didnít work so well... I will have another bash though 👍🏼
Sponsored Links
Advertisement