Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/)
-   Technical & Advanced Car Audio Discussion (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/technical-advanced-car-audio-discussion/)
-   -   Helix (https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/technical-advanced-car-audio-discussion/420501-helix.html)

Lou73 08-15-2019 06:19 PM

Helix
 
Looking for someone to do some tuning to my system in NC or SC. Need to be fluent in the Helix software. Would need gains set correctly. Use of a oscilloscope would be a plus. Would need it RTA’ed for SQ with the most volume possible without distortion.. System consists of 4-super tweeters. 2-6.5 midrange 2-6.5 midbass 2-8” midrange and 2-10” midbass. Powered by 4 soundigital amplifiers. Any help or contacts would be great... thnx

miniSQ 08-15-2019 06:22 PM

Re: Helix
 
this should be fun to watch :snacks:

Niebur3 08-15-2019 06:28 PM

Re: Helix
 
In for the comments.

ckirocz28 08-15-2019 09:09 PM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou73 (Post 5736715)
Looking for someone to do some tuning to my system in NC or SC. Need to be fluent in the Helix software. Would need gains set correctly. Use of a oscilloscope would be a plus. Would need it RTA’ed for SQ with the most volume possible without distortion.. System consists of 4-super tweeters. 2-6.5 midrange 2-6.5 midbass 2-8” midrange and 2-10” midbass. Powered by 4 soundigital amplifiers. Any help or contacts would be great... thnx

I guess I'll start.
Ditch the super tweeters, 2 6.5 midbass, 2 8's, 2 10's, and 2 amps. Add some tweeters, and a sub or 2. Reevaluate your life, aim for realistic goals.

JasonInAugusta 08-15-2019 09:28 PM

Re: Helix
 
I don't care what you've got for drivers, you've got a Helix and you want your stuff to sound better. I can respect that.

I'm in Augusta, GA, and have O-scopes, RTAs, SysTune, and so on.

Bring it and I'll tune it.

SkizeR 08-15-2019 09:33 PM

Re: Helix
 
John, you up up for this? [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Lou73 08-16-2019 04:26 PM

Re: Helix
 
I see this might have been a waiste of my time based of a few responses. Nothing I listed can be changed and no subs can be added. As crazy as it is this system is on a motorcycle.

saltyone 08-16-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou73 (Post 5737267)
I see this might have been a waiste of my time based of a few responses. Nothing I listed can be changed and no subs can be added. As crazy as it is this system is on a motorcycle.

You have a sidecar? I think sidecars are cool!

phocas 08-16-2019 04:42 PM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou73 (Post 5737267)
I see this might have been a waiste of my time based of a few responses. Nothing I listed can be changed and no subs can be added. As crazy as it is this system is on a motorcycle.

My doorcam caught you going by the other day, please turn down your radio sir.

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...0144188963.png

Mahapederdon 08-16-2019 05:05 PM

It might be fun to tune a motorcycle. Probably hard to get anything on the low end though.

What kinda bike is it?

ckirocz28 08-16-2019 08:43 PM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou73 (Post 5737267)
I see this might have been a waiste of my time based of a few responses. Nothing I listed can be changed and no subs can be added. As crazy as it is this system is on a motorcycle.

You should have led with that. 6.5 mids will not play high enough to match up to super tweeters, if that's what they are, I'm thinking bullet type "super" tweeters, those might play low enough. The motorcycle explains the overkill with midbass drivers. Give us more info, especially about the tweeters.

ckirocz28 08-16-2019 09:08 PM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by phocas (Post 5737281)
My doorcam caught you going by the other day, please turn down your radio sir.



https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media...0144188963.png

I know those kind of handlebars are called "ape hangers", but what's the nickname for those exhaust pipes?

dcfis 08-16-2019 10:32 PM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckirocz28 (Post 5737431)
I know those kind of handlebars are called "ape hangers", but what's the nickname for those exhaust pipes?

Thing-a-majiggers

Lou73 08-17-2019 08:26 AM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckirocz28 (Post 5737413)
You should have led with that. 6.5 mids will not play high enough to match up to super tweeters, if that's what they are, I'm thinking bullet type "super" tweeters, those might play low enough. The motorcycle explains the overkill with midbass drivers. Give us more info, especially about the tweeters.

The 6.5 midrange have a freq range of 150hz-12khz, The 8’s 130hz-10khz
The super tweeters are a bullet style that go in gauge holes or pods. The tweeters are prv tw400Ti-Nd-4. Freq response 4500-20khz

ckirocz28 08-17-2019 02:56 PM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou73 (Post 5737547)
The 6.5 midrange have a freq range of 150hz-12khz, The 8’s 130hz-10khz

Umm... that seems unlikely that any of those would play that high. However, you may very well be able to meet up with the tweeters at 4500 hz, if the 6.5's are on-axis.

FordEscape 08-17-2019 05:18 PM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckirocz28 (Post 5737431)
I know those kind of handlebars are called "ape hangers", but what's the nickname for those exhaust pipes?

"Cloud Splitters" ?

(it's an Adirondacks thing) :rolleyes:

Lou73 08-17-2019 05:21 PM

The 6.5 midrange are ground zero
High end midrange speaker with neodymium magnet

Durchmesser
165 mm / 6.5"

Belastbarkeit (RMS/max.)
200 / 400 Watts

Impedanz
4 Ohms

Effizienz
96 dB

Frequency Response
150 Hz – 12 kHz

Voice coil
38 mm / 1.5" CCA

Einbautiefe
68 mm

The 8's are
High end midrange speaker with neodymium magnet

Durchmesser
200 mm / 8"

Belastbarkeit (RMS/max.)
300 / 500 Watts

Impedanz
4 Ohms

Effizienz
98 dB

Frequency Response
130 Hz – 10 kHz

Voice coil
63 mm / 2.5" CCA

Einbautiefe
83 mm

ckirocz28 08-17-2019 10:27 PM

Re: Helix
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou73 (Post 5737751)
The 6.5 midrange are ground zero
High end midrange speaker with neodymium magnet

Durchmesser
165 mm / 6.5"

Belastbarkeit (RMS/max.)
200 / 400 Watts

Impedanz
4 Ohms

Effizienz
96 dB

Frequency Response
150 Hz – 12 kHz

Voice coil
38 mm / 1.5" CCA

Einbautiefe
68 mm

The 8's are
High end midrange speaker with neodymium magnet

Durchmesser
200 mm / 8"

Belastbarkeit (RMS/max.)
300 / 500 Watts

Impedanz
4 Ohms

Effizienz
98 dB

Frequency Response
130 Hz – 10 kHz

Voice coil
63 mm / 2.5" CCA

Einbautiefe
83 mm

Ok, I can't help with tuning a Helix, but you should probably start a new thread with a title like "need help tuning a Helix dsp on motorcycle". Because we clearly all thought you were some idiot fixated on midbass drivers, but the motorcycle part explains that overload of midbass, you actually NEED all of those. Maybe someone can help you out. Motorcycle audio is interesting, and probably frustrating.

RRizz 08-18-2019 06:05 AM

Re: Helix
 
1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ckirocz28 (Post 5737431)
I know those kind of handlebars are called "ape hangers", but what's the nickname for those exhaust pipes?

Blast pipes. A ridiculous fad taken from the 4 wheeled vehicle arena. Google a few images for a chuckle.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Ad Management by RedTyger