still doing something wrong.. - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009   #1
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 154 AWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enough

Default still doing something wrong..

I've read the tutorials and seem to be doing everything right as far as trying to tune....but I can't get any midrange or midbass when I try to go full active. When I'm in normal mode on my 8053 and active thru the amps I get decent sound, but in ProMode I set the x/oers to get a starting point but everything is very thin with no body. Gains are set to 50% on mids and 40% on tweets. I believe all the switches and such are good to go on the amps. All my gear is top notch....but you'd never know by hearing it.

Am I missing something? I'm about to buy a set of coaxs or passives if it's this aggrevating.
AWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 162 benny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nicebenny is just really nice

Default Re: still doing something wrong..

What are your baseline settings?
benny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009   #3
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 178 niceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enoughniceguy will become famous soon enough

There can be a pretty steep learning curve....a good number of folks here are never satisfied but don't let that discourage you

Aside from your current settings that Benny was asking for, make sure your doors are sealed and deadened, otherwise you still won't have any midbass....
niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009   #4
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 darcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enough

How long have you been at it. Tuning I mean? Also is this the first time you've tried going active?

The answer to those 2 questions is crucial at the juncture.

If you've just started and are new to active, you've hit the wall. It's a point when you 0```ave 2 choices... Either give up and go back to passive, or push through it and keep on trying. It's not an easy task by any means.

It took me a good month of listening for an hour or more on a daily basis to get my 2-way setup sounding right. As time goes by you'll start to really hear what makes things better, or worse, and you'll be able to tune pretty well by ear. Give it time and try to keep your patience. Take breaks and don't try to tune for hours on end or you'll -

Audio: CarPC, 8" LCD, Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's, Dayton RS100 mids, Infinity 105t tweets, Pioneer 305DVC 12", PPI APA630IX, Alpine MRP-M500
My CarPC and GTI Build Log
darcness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2009   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 darcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enoughdarcness will become famous soon enough

How long have you been at it. Tuning I mean? Also is this the first time you've tried going active?

The answer to those 2 questions is crucial at the juncture.

If you've just started and are new to active, you've hit the wall. It's a point when you 0```ave 2 choices... Either give up and go back to passive, or push through it and keep on trying. It's not an easy task by any means.

It took me a good month of listening for an hour or more on a daily basis to get my 2-way setup sounding right. As time goes by you'll start to really hear what makes things better, or worse, and you'll be able to tune pretty well by ear. Give it time and try to keep your patience. Take breaks and don't try to tune for hours on end or you'll end up going nuts.

Audio: CarPC, 8" LCD, Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's, Dayton RS100 mids, Infinity 105t tweets, Pioneer 305DVC 12", PPI APA630IX, Alpine MRP-M500
My CarPC and GTI Build Log
darcness is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009   #6

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Sound Deadener Showdown
Position:
Owner

Rep Power: 217 Rudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond reputeRudeboy has a reputation beyond repute

Make absolutely sure that you have your speakers wired properly - that the left and right signals are really coming through the left and right speakers. Then make check phase. Then start tuning.

Rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2009   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 154 AWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enoughAWilliams will become famous soon enough

I've been trying to get decent baselines for a couple days now. I've gotten ahold of Mr.Marv and he is a wealth of info and has helped me get my settings started. I had a couple settings wrong on the amp which was causing some issues.
AWilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement