stand alown processor of time alignment - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2006   #1

Rep Power: 0 KingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enough

Default stand alown processor of time alignment

Hey guys. To be totaly honest I dont know a damn thing about processers, never really used one. the deck I'm useing doesnt have T/A but it does have a digital coax out. I'm runing a 3 way active frontstage, basicly it goes:
deck - line driver - eq - x/over - amps. I'm also useing a CDT upstage passive xover runing the tweets in my pillers, x/overs at 8000,10000 I think. basicly giveing me a 4 way set up, runs off of the same channel as the "main" tweets. mids/tweets in kicks, midbass in doors, ribbon tweets in pillers. I'm looking for a processor I can use for T/A on each driver, if I have to sell the cdt's and get the piller tweets there own amp, so I can T/A them thats cool, I can do that. I really like the 4 way set up, silks down low and ribbons up top, detail and sparkle without silibence and metalical coloration. I dont need any surround,eq,phase contol or anything like that, what do you guys think? is there a processor I can use? I defineitly want a unit that won't add noise or distortion or cost much over $250 or so. thanks for your help.
KingSVT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2006   #2
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 189 3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to 3.5max6spd

Default Re: stand alown processor of time alignment

At that budget only thing you can really do is give the PPI DCX-730 a shot.

2008 Space Grey Metallic BMW 528i
"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
3.5max6spd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2006   #3

Rep Power: 0 KingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enoughKingSVT will become famous soon enough

that PPI DCX-730 is looking good, I'm watching that thread intently. I could save up and go higher, cheap would be nice, but if I'm going to spend 250 on something I'm not going to be happy with, I may as well buy what I need and be done with it LOL. what would be best under $500?

Old 10-18-2006   #4

hey 3.5max6spd I just noticed you have a DCX-730 in your sig, do you think it would work well for my application?, I'd probably use it to T/A both sets of tweets and the mids.
Old 10-18-2006   #5
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 189 3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough3.5max6spd will become famous soon enough

On paper everyone can agree the unit would work geat for most, it will do all you need for fronstage-just leave the sub duty tio be controlled by your HU. Unfortunatly i will not be installing mine until friday, possibly saturday morning.You are really better off asking the reviewer.

Under $5oo , unless you have an Alpine DVD player, A/V unit or a digital out model using a used Alpine H700/H701 will give you floor noise of sorts through the rca inputs.

"The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift."
Old 10-18-2006   #6

I have an awesome old school sherwood with a digital coax out been looking for a DAC
Old 10-19-2006   #7
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 crash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSVT
that PPI DCX-730 is looking good, I'm watching that thread intently. I could save up and go higher, cheap would be nice, but if I'm going to spend 250 on something I'm not going to be happy with, I may as well buy what I need and be done with it LOL. what would be best under $500?

Don't make the mistake that the PPI is a cheap piece of equipment. Its a $1000 msrp price tag and was meant to sell near there. Demand wasn't there and they're dropping the model and clearing them out which is why the price is so attractive right now. I think this unit compares quite well (feature wise) with RF 360.2 or H701. To touch either of those two units, you better get ready to almost double your budget.

- Tommy
Planning the next system
crash813 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2006   #8
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash813
Don't make the mistake that the PPI is a cheap piece of equipment. Its a $1000 msrp price tag and was meant to sell near there. Demand wasn't there and they're dropping the model and clearing them out which is why the price is so attractive right now. I think this unit compares quite well (feature wise) with RF 360.2 or H701. To touch either of those two units, you better get ready to almost double your budget.
Have you used any of the feautures yet? Time alignment, filters? If so how do uou feel they work?

I wont have mine i to tomorrow or sat morning. I'm getting antsy..

Old 10-19-2006   #9
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 176 crash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enoughcrash813 will become famous soon enough

Mainly just crossovers and gain/volume at this point. Great flexibilty on the crossovers and I really like the Butter/LR switch. Very easy to A/B it back and forth to hear the difference. Going from analog dials to 1hz increment crossover is great. Although changing the point and listening to the difference is much more envolved since the increments are so small then say, turning the dial 1/10th and listening.

The hardest thing is visualizing everything when making changes. Its definately no graphic eq. And like I mentioned earlier, this thing isn't a 'make changes going down the road' piece.

I have a feeling, I'll be fine tuning this thing for the next 3 years!

- Tommy
Planning the next system
Old 10-19-2006   #10
DIYMA 500 Club

Also, I'd highly recommend not have an input in (or outputs) when first setting it up.

All outputs are full range, gain and volume are at highest levels as defaults. I can see some tweets smoking out there if people get in a hurry.

- Tommy
Planning the next system
Sponsored Links
Advertisement