JBL's MS-8 processor! - Page 3 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2007   #51

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 252 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Default Re: JBL's MS-8 processor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3sn4f2 View Post
That should not be a concern with the MS-8.....

"There are 8 input channels, so the 8 speaker level inputs and 8 line level inputs are basically in parallel. You can use any combination."
Addition - "Maximum input voltage on the RCAs is 2V and 15V on the speaker level inputs. The signal is converted directly into digital after the preamp buffer, so a high signal level is far less important in this device than in conventional ones."
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2007   #52
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 165 slow2.2sonoma will become famous soon enoughslow2.2sonoma will become famous soon enoughslow2.2sonoma will become famous soon enoughslow2.2sonoma will become famous soon enoughslow2.2sonoma will become famous soon enoughslow2.2sonoma will become famous soon enough

If you can drop that price I'll definately buy one and I guarantee you will sell tons of them

-----------------------------------------------
Eclipse 8445

Arc Audio 2050XXK
Cadence Z8000
Hifonics ZX7500
Rockford Fosgate 1001BD

CDt DRt-26A tweetrs
4.5" Scan Speak Revelators
CDt ES-07's
2 12" RF Punch Hx2's

def need a 4 way active processor/crossover
-------------------------------------------------
slow2.2sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007   #53
ATB
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 177 ATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enough

Any idea when this is supposed to be released? I am about ready to crush my 3sixty into little tiny pieces.
ATB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007   #54

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 252 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATB View Post
Any idea when this is supposed to be released? I am about ready to crush my 3sixty into little tiny pieces.
5-3-07 - "Yes, it'll be available in the fall. Difficulty integrating the microcontroller, the UI software and the audio software is to blame.
Mobile Systems Division "
Old 05-29-2007   #55
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 nepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
what don't you like about the 3sixty? I been putting my system on hold for awhile waiting for this or the alpine h650 to come out.might buy a 3sixty. just looking for a device to give me a flat, unequalize signal from the stock bmw radio to the alpine hub that I'm using..

2005 BMW 530i- Dynaudio Esotar2 110,430,650,1200s
Brax Matrix MX4s/Ixos/Straightwire
2000 Honda Prelude- Daily Driver..Stock for now.
nepl29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007   #56
ATB
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 177 ATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enoughATB will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepl29 View Post
what don't you like about the 3sixty? I been putting my system on hold for awhile waiting for this or the alpine h650 to come out.might buy a 3sixty. just looking for a device to give me a flat, unequalize signal from the stock bmw radio to the alpine hub that I'm using..
Noise, cheap volume control, lack of volume adjustment, volume that fluctuates on its own, and did I mention noise? I'm not ready to write the thing off quite yet, but if I can't get rid of the hiss or get the volume control working properly its going away.
ATB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2007   #57
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 157 nepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Noise, cheap volume control, lack of volume adjustment, volume that fluctuates on its own, and did I mention noise? I'm not ready to write the thing off quite yet, but if I can't get rid of the hiss or get the volume control working properly its going away.
thanks for the feeback. back to square one.

2005 BMW 530i- Dynaudio Esotar2 110,430,650,1200s
Brax Matrix MX4s/Ixos/Straightwire
2000 Honda Prelude- Daily Driver..Stock for now.
nepl29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2007   #58
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 BodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
"Yes, it'll be available in the fall. Difficulty integrating the microcontroller, the UI software and the audio software is to blame.
Looks like Gary Biggs is already using a prototype MS-8 in the JBL BMW 325 demo vehicle.

Alpine may beat them to the market by 3 months but they are ~1.5 years late. The H650 was shown at CES2006 but obviously required much more fine tuning before market release.

2008 VW GTI 4-Door DSG
BodegaBay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2007   #59
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 BodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Andy from Harman giving more details on the MS-8 and comparing it with the PXE-H650...

...One last note: Both of these products are super-important and may help to revive the industry and get new customers interested in making their cars sound great while preserving their factory user interfaces. They have both been long development processes with plenty of invention and innovation, software development hiccups and decisions about which features to implement. Both products will require some new thinking on the parts of installers and salespeople about how one implements great audio. Simple 2-channel audio isn't dead, but these kinds of advancements make better listening experiences possible using a new set of rules.
Couldn't agree more. The CleanSweep kicked it off but it was still limited in processing. These two models from Alpine and JBL, IMHO, will revolutionize what we think of processing for the industry.

2008 VW GTI 4-Door DSG

Last edited by BodegaBay; 05-31-2007 at 01:23 AM..
BodegaBay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007   #60
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 178 fredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enoughfredridge will become famous soon enough

any one know when this will actually be available and the actual price?
fredridge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007   #61
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 176 Genxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enoughGenxx will become famous soon enough

I still have not seen anything on a release date but I have seen talk of the price to be around $800.00.
Genxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007   #62
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 174 backwoods will become famous soon enoughbackwoods will become famous soon enoughbackwoods will become famous soon enoughbackwoods will become famous soon enoughbackwoods will become famous soon enoughbackwoods will become famous soon enough

about room correction, they still have problems to get that to work consistenly in homes, let alone in cars. I think that will be a long way off.

I would like a dsp in car that has width control though. fun toy on the behringer units and works nice in a car.

MS8 sounds great for the cars that you want to set up, and leave as is. In other words, the wifey's vehicle, but I want more then just an 11 band GEQ to control.
backwoods is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007   #63
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 198 Whiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enoughWhiterabbit will become famous soon enough

once your sound is set up and dialed in, why would you want to control it any longer?
Whiterabbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007   #64
Upgrade Your Membership!

DIYMA Founder

Rep Power: 221 npdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enoughnpdang will become famous soon enough

Send a message via ICQ to npdang Send a message via AIM to npdang Send a message via Yahoo to npdang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
once your sound is set up and dialed in, why would you want to control it any longer?
If you've ever used these type of dsp's, you wouldn't ask that question

It's very hit or miss, and no one's really come up with the perfect solution yet. It helps to be able to alter the target response by ear.

A speaker is only as good as the room you put it in.
npdang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2007   #65
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 182 DonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enoughDonutHands will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to DonutHands

not all recordings are created equal, neither are people sources.

2001 Audi S4
with speakers
DonutHands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2007   #66

Enthusiast

http://www.audiogroupforum.com/csfor...=65668&page=35

"I think I promised to post a photo of this thing a few months ago. We now have final hardware. Getting closer...
Old 12-28-2007   #67
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Axxis Audio Pagosa Springs
Position:
Manager/Custom Installer

Rep Power: 246 tr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond reputetr0y_audi0 has a reputation beyond repute

This is the Part Gary Biggs used in the BMW right?

I think it would be great for a car that you cant add a deck to..
Im still waiting..
All my Austin & volvo customers will have a smile..

Check us out on Facebook
www.axxisdurango.com
www.Hybrid-audio.com
Top 100 Installer 2010
tr0y_audi0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2007   #68

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by tr0y_audi0 View Post
This is the Part Gary Biggs used in the BMW right?

I think it would be great for a car that you cant add a deck to..
Im still waiting..
All my Austin & volvo customers will have a smile..
Yeah, the one where they added it to all stock speakers except subs. I'd love it for any source really.
Old 12-28-2007   #69
Ge0
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 Ge0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enough

I plan on jumping on one of these about a year after its release to the public this summer. Price will drop by then and bugs will be worked out....

Ge0

Alpine, Zapco, Scanspeak, Image Dynamics, Critical Mass
Life lesson #1) En boca cerradas no entra moscas! (loose translation: sometimes it is best to keep your fuggin mouth shut and listen)
Ge0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2007   #70
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 154 monkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enoughmonkeyboy will become famous soon enough

Supposed to be able to update the firmware when new releases come out. The bugs should be updated out.

I am jumping on one of these as soon as I get a release date. My Avic N2 has never impressed me with it's sound, or eq, but in my tow vehicle I needed nav and didn't want a large screen screwed into the dash.
monkeyboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2007   #71
Ge0
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 168 Ge0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enoughGe0 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
Agreed.

I believe the purpose of the MS8 is for the MACHINE to do a better job tuning than the average Joe. Which like it or not, is damn near all of us here. If someone wants to tune beyond that, the MS8 contains more than enough tools to do so. Remember, you'll be starting off with a pretty damn good response...

Ge0

Alpine, Zapco, Scanspeak, Image Dynamics, Critical Mass
Life lesson #1) En boca cerradas no entra moscas! (loose translation: sometimes it is best to keep your fuggin mouth shut and listen)
Ge0 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2007   #72
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 167 DonovanM will become famous soon enoughDonovanM will become famous soon enoughDonovanM will become famous soon enoughDonovanM will become famous soon enoughDonovanM will become famous soon enoughDonovanM will become famous soon enough

Yep. One of these is MINE within a few months of it's release
DonovanM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2007   #73
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 190 Weightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enoughWeightless will become famous soon enough

Andy, has the price been released yet?

...you got it buddy, the large print giveth and the small print taketh away...
Weightless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008   #74
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 156 Gmack will become famous soon enoughGmack will become famous soon enoughGmack will become famous soon enoughGmack will become famous soon enoughGmack will become famous soon enoughGmack will become famous soon enough

One of you guys at CES go ask JBL when this thing will be ready!

Gary
Gmack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2008   #75
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 156 Abaddon will become famous soon enoughAbaddon will become famous soon enoughAbaddon will become famous soon enoughAbaddon will become famous soon enoughAbaddon will become famous soon enoughAbaddon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmack View Post
One of you guys at CES go ask JBL when this thing will be ready!

Gary
and then steal whatever prototype they have laying around!

Audiocontrol Matrix -> Custom MiniDSP 4x8 -> PDX 4.100 (Bridged), 2.150 & 1.600
Seas P18RNX & 27TAFNC/G (7" Poly & Neo Aluminum)
10w6v2 with Mr. Marv Custom Enclosure
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement