JBL's MS-8 processor! - Page 37 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009   #901
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 143 ibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enough

Default Re: JBL's MS-8 processor!

Wow. I think tears are starting to build up because of that good news.

I really think a home version would sell like crazy. If this works good enough in my car, I'll be buying one to use on my home setup. Is there a problem with doing so b/c of the gigantic space?

Hertz, Bit1, Tru Technology, Alpine, Arc, Denon, Kenwood, Focal.
ibanzil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2009   #902
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 Sassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enough

I don't know how well it would work for home, but I think there are already logic7 pieces for home use.

in all seriousness, if it ever gets released, I'd look into one, but I'd never wait for it, my 3 year old might hit puberty before it's released. maybe I'll be able to get a first run unit for his first car.

Quote:
This product does not so much have a noise floor as a noise mezzanine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmsprelude View Post
Thank gawd I am a fast learner.... eventually. *sigh*
Sassmastersq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2009   #903

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 254 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Donkey?......
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009   #904
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 213 Babs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the roughBabs is a jewel in the rough

And still the coolest thing.. like with all of these, bit-one, ms-8, pxe, etc.
Swap cars, keep your processor and throw it into whatever other car you have.. It will work. With a decent aux input, if the OEM head unit puts out anything decent, that's bonus.
Babs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009   #905
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 donkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enough

Oh, Sassmaster is here!!

And now he's claiming that he will buy the MS-8! Weak... stick to your guns, hater.
donkeypunch22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009   #906
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 174 BodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enoughBodegaBay will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibanzil View Post
I really think a home version would sell like crazy.
No need. Logic 7 has been around years starting with Lexicon's DC-1 and DC-2 processors. Lexicon is part of the Harmon collective (H/K, Mark Levinson, Infinity, JBL, etc.) and thus Logic 7 algorithm is being used in some of the high end processors across various Harmon brands.

As noted by Andy in one of the first posts, the version of Logic 7 JBL is implementing for mobile audio is truly for the car environment. It's not the same stuff used to calculate for home theater setup simply because cars have different cabin structure and requires different processing.

For home theater, I've used this type of DSP (Room EQ/Correction) via Audyssey MultEQ and it's a game changer -- you literally can sit in multiple positions and still obtain excellent sound without being at that center sweetspot. This type of DSP has been around for last few years in home and hopefully someone will actually bring it to car audio.

Andy - I've looked in my CES 2010 mfg. listing and don't see JBL exhibiting. No representation for Jan's big show?

2008 VW GTI 4-Door DSG
BodegaBay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #907
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 126 NoMids will become famous soon enoughNoMids will become famous soon enoughNoMids will become famous soon enoughNoMids will become famous soon enoughNoMids will become famous soon enoughNoMids will become famous soon enough

Any news on if these will be out before the end of the year?
NoMids is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #908

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 254 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMids View Post
Any news on if these will be out before the end of the year?
No news.
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #909

Banned

Rep Power: 0 PaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enough

do you guys realize this thread is going on 2 years now ...... and still no MS-8, at least not for the general public.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #910
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 191 BigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really nice

Id rather have it in 2 years working correctly, than having it not work correctly, and then bitch about it for 2 years

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #911
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 149 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
do you guys realize this thread is going on 2 years now ...... and still no MS-8, at least not for the general public.
First of all, this thread is filled with such comments so another one wasn't really necessary.

Secondly, you're absolutely right, but the general public doesn't know about it anyway. In fact, very few are aware of the very existence of the product. This thread is followed by a very limited amount of car audio freaks around the world, hardly a representative sample of the worldwide car audio scene as a whole. Hence, JBL might have "lost" some potential customers by not making this available sooner, BUT in the end - when it does come out - it'll (hopefully) have none of the glitches we keep hearing on other products (I'm not naming any).

It's as BigRed said above. The only risk JBL are taking with the long wait is the possibility of another company bringing out a much better/more modern product that would eliminate the need for the MS-8 altogether, along with its potential commercial success.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #912

Banned

Rep Power: 0 PaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enoughPaulD will become famous soon enough

well, I certainly haven't read thru all 37 pages to notice how many times people have brought this up - I just saw this thread again and went to pg 1 to see how long it's been going is all. I agree that it's better to have it right then all jacked up and full of glitches like you usually see.
PaulD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #913
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 Bizarroterl will become famous soon enoughBizarroterl will become famous soon enoughBizarroterl will become famous soon enoughBizarroterl will become famous soon enoughBizarroterl will become famous soon enoughBizarroterl will become famous soon enough

I can understand JBL's commitment to this technology. What auto manufacturer wouldn't want it? I could see where it would be a "must" for any high end OEM system. As for aftermarket - if you had a choice between a HU that had it and one that didn't and there was a $150 difference which one would you pick?
Bizarroterl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #914
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 160 Sassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enoughSassmastersq will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkeypunch22 View Post
Oh, Sassmaster is here!!

And now he's claiming that he will buy the MS-8! Weak... stick to your guns, hater.
I said i'd look at it. Just because they monsterfucked the timeline doesn't mean it won't be a good product if it ever gets released

Quote:
This product does not so much have a noise floor as a noise mezzanine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmsprelude View Post
Thank gawd I am a fast learner.... eventually. *sigh*
Sassmastersq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #915
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 instalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enough

now i have another dilema with this unit.... i plan on buying the pioneer x99rs deck with all the bells and whilstles, but i want the jbl ms-8 now i will be getting the pioneer in mid feb. my problem is this........... iam building another sqi car and want to run either the pioneer deh 880 deck or the pioneer x-99rs deck..... if the jbl ms 8 will be out befor next may then i will go with the 880 but if it wont be released befor the end of next iasca season then i will buy the x99rs...................... come on andy lets get going on this,.
instalher is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #916
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Audiofrog Inc.
Position:
President

Rep Power: 583 Andy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
now i have another dilema with this unit.... i plan on buying the pioneer x99rs deck with all the bells and whilstles, but i want the jbl ms-8 now i will be getting the pioneer in mid feb. my problem is this........... iam building another sqi car and want to run either the pioneer deh 880 deck or the pioneer x-99rs deck..... if the jbl ms 8 will be out befor next may then i will go with the 880 but if it wont be released befor the end of next iasca season then i will buy the x99rs...................... come on andy lets get going on this,.
So long as there are no additional unforseen FUs, you'll be good to go for next season.
Andy Wehmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #917
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 143 ibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enoughibanzil will become famous soon enough

Ohh snap!^^^

Hertz, Bit1, Tru Technology, Alpine, Arc, Denon, Kenwood, Focal.
ibanzil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #918
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 185 rcurley55 will become famous soon enoughrcurley55 will become famous soon enoughrcurley55 will become famous soon enoughrcurley55 will become famous soon enoughrcurley55 will become famous soon enoughrcurley55 will become famous soon enough

and things just got interesting

Life is too short not to be M-Powered!!!
rcurley55 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #919
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 ryancrouch will become famous soon enoughryancrouch will become famous soon enoughryancrouch will become famous soon enoughryancrouch will become famous soon enoughryancrouch will become famous soon enoughryancrouch will become famous soon enough

Now I got to find me a car to build! Perhaps a Volvo S60R. A MS-8 would be a great college graduation gift for myself!
ryancrouch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009   #920
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 instalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enoughinstalher will become famous soon enough

alright andy i am going to purchase the pioneer deh p880prs it has 3 sets of pre out front rear sub/non fading.. 5 volts at 100 ohms... my front will be 2tweets.....2- 3 inch......... and 2- 6 inch front with the subs in rear....... now would i use front pre outs only, or f and r, or f/r/& s into your processor??? i can shut off the preamp stage of the deck... do you advise this?? also do i have to set all xover points and the eq points will be self calibrated? ie... tweets 2.5k up at 24db/oct... mid 500hz to 2.5k bandpass at 24db/oct. midbass at 65hz to 500hz at 24db/oct... subs zero to 65 hz at 24db/oct..then let the ms-8 do the rest?
Old 09-23-2009   #921
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 138 donkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enoughdonkeypunch22 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassmastersq View Post
I said i'd look at it. Just because they monsterfucked the timeline doesn't mean it won't be a good product if it ever gets released

"I said i'd look at it." That's still weak... get a spine! You've hated so hard on Andy and his team's work, so why stop now? Oh, that's riiight. The unit is about to be launched, and you are a %^$$) that is wavering on his hate. Be a man... stick with your 16 band analog graphic EQ.
donkeypunch22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009   #922
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 149 kkant will become famous soon enoughkkant will become famous soon enoughkkant will become famous soon enoughkkant will become famous soon enoughkkant will become famous soon enoughkkant will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by instalher View Post
alright andy i am going to purchase the pioneer deh p880prs it has 3 sets of pre out front rear sub/non fading.. 5 volts at 100 ohms... my front will be 2tweets.....2- 3 inch......... and 2- 6 inch front with the subs in rear....... now would i use front pre outs only, or f and r, or f/r/& s into your processor??? i can shut off the preamp stage of the deck... do you advise this?? also do i have to set all xover points and the eq points will be self calibrated? ie... tweets 2.5k up at 24db/oct... mid 500hz to 2.5k bandpass at 24db/oct. midbass at 65hz to 500hz at 24db/oct... subs zero to 65 hz at 24db/oct..then let the ms-8 do the rest?
If I were you I'd turn off the preamp and run the speaker level lines with no processing to the MS8. If using the preamp, I'd turn off all processing on the Pioneer and run fronts only to the MS8 (IF you can get fullrange out of the fronts; otherwise run front+sub to the MS8). As Andy posted, you can set the MS8 xovers as you like and let it handle the rest.

"Music is Art. Audio is Engineering."
May you be touched by His Noodly Appendage.
kkant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009   #923
DIYMA 500 Club

whats up with the moose???
Old 09-23-2009   #924
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Hutchins Performance
Position:
tech

Rep Power: 0 n_boost will become famous soon enoughn_boost will become famous soon enoughn_boost will become famous soon enoughn_boost will become famous soon enoughn_boost will become famous soon enoughn_boost will become famous soon enough

Kind of been waiting for this processer. Does anyone know how this compares to the 360.2?
n_boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009   #925
DIYMA 500 Club
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

12V Company:
Audiofrog Inc.
Position:
President

Rep Power: 583 Andy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond reputeAndy Wehmeyer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkant View Post
If using the preamp, I'd turn off all processing on the Pioneer and run fronts only to the MS8 (IF you can get fullrange out of the fronts; otherwise run front+sub to the MS8). As Andy posted, you can set the MS8 xovers as you like and let it handle the rest.

Precisely. Thanks.
Andy Wehmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement