Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 101 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2014   #2501

Rep Power: 77 kaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Ok, I have a question:
After some Graphic Eq, and getting the curve I want, I'm supposed to turn Defeat On, but if I do that, the Frequency response changes!
Is it trying to get the reference curve when defeat is on?
Or what?
(No imprint or roadeq is being used)
kaflam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2014   #2502
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 87 TitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enough

Defeat "on" turns off any processing performed by the unit.

Turns off time alignment, imprint, eq settings etc

Only thing not affected is the crossover/gain settings

Should be in defeat off mode during regular usage

So basically when you turn defeat"on" after setting eq etc you turn it off

2017 Silverado LT w/Bose
Alpine X110 SLV/Helix DSP pro
Audiofrog GB 10/25/60 with 2510c
Mosconi AS200.4/200.2
JL Audio stealthbox
TitanCCBT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2014   #2503

Rep Power: 77 kaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enoughkaflam will become famous soon enough

Yes... I don't think I get it.

The manual says "To enable this function, Defeat should be is set to ON." at the end of every "Setting the..."

Also, on my HU I have a subwoofer volume that works whith Defeat ON, but not in Defeat OFF. I do agree with you, TitanCCBT3 that Defeat ON turns off the processing of the unit, but is the HU (as I supossed) or the PXA-H800 unit??

Old 01-29-2014   #2504
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 87 TitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enoughTitanCCBT3 will become famous soon enough

On page 12 of the manual/PC section with regards to setting defeat it says at the end of the sentence " restored to initial settings" or off. So turning in the defeat turns off all processing. I am not using the subwoofer control on my alpine HU and in fact am only using front outputs only sent to pxa h800. Are you using an alpine HU? If so us it an Ainet enabled unit?

I agree the manual is very poorly written and doesn't provide much into with regards to usage

I basically used this site to figure it out especially the imprint portion

Hope this helps and good luck

2017 Silverado LT w/Bose
Alpine X110 SLV/Helix DSP pro
Audiofrog GB 10/25/60 with 2510c
Mosconi AS200.4/200.2
JL Audio stealthbox
TitanCCBT3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2014   #2505

Ok, I decided to do everything "by hand"

I'm using my OEM HU (is required by my car for bluethoot, cam, vehicle configuration, etc) with 5 output channels.

I decided to work with defeat OFF (I think that's the way)
Imprint EQ with reference curve
Graphic Eq after Imprint using RTA
Auto-TCR
Adjusted the gain for every channel with an SPL (fine meassure)

Finally, lower the gain for the sub on the amp :S (after oscilloscope set)

Now just working with some simple preferences: compression 1,2,3, music 1,2,3... nothing... Euphony: acoustic, live...

But after all...

Now everything is working great!!
Old 01-30-2014   #2506

Also...

Is there any configuration where you don't loose subwoofer control on the HU using AUX when using imprintEq ??
Old 01-30-2014   #2507
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 robotott will become famous soon enoughrobotott will become famous soon enoughrobotott will become famous soon enoughrobotott will become famous soon enoughrobotott will become famous soon enoughrobotott will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaflam View Post
Also...

Is there any configuration where you don't loose subwoofer control on the HU using AUX when using imprintEq ??
What is the model number of your head unit?
robotott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014   #2508
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 261 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaflam View Post
Also...

There is a list in this thread that says which HUs keep sub control at the HU. My D800 did.

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014   #2509

I'm using my OEM HU via AUX 5.1 input.
Old 02-07-2014   #2510

Rep Power: 75 Rapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enough

What do you guys have your AUX In gain set to? "Low" or "High"? At "Low" I get a bit of noise at 0 volume. At "High" I get no noise, but at Max volume a lot of tracks aren't playing high enough. What gives?

Also, after an Auto-TCR, my settings are, FL: 20.00ms FR: 20.00ms, RL: 20.00ms, RR: 19.38ms. Does this sound right to everyone? Maxed out TCR? That doesn't seem like it would be correct, and most of the values are the same...
Rapture333 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2014   #2511
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 186 BigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really niceBigRed is just really nice

Low if u are not using high level outputs like speaker level. There is plenty of gain on the h800. Just set it to low and use the aux gain adjustment to increase level

Team Zapco
"once you go floor, you'll never go door"
"I can easily make the most expensive car stereo system sound like junk in less than 30 seconds"
BigRed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2014   #2512

Rep Power: 75 Rapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enoughRapture333 will become famous soon enough

I just measured my time correction manually and tweaked in, and wow does it sound great! Much different then what the mic gave me, I'm not sure why its so different?

Anyway, I did Imprint EQ for the front left drivers seat. Is that the best way to go?

Also, I'm curious to know what other people have done as far as other settings such as Euphony, Dolby Digital, Rear Mix, etc. I have a -6dB rear mix with Stereo processing atm.
Old 02-26-2014   #2513
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 84 Grindcore will become famous soon enoughGrindcore will become famous soon enoughGrindcore will become famous soon enoughGrindcore will become famous soon enoughGrindcore will become famous soon enoughGrindcore will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture333 View Post
What do you guys have your AUX In gain set to? "Low" or "High"? At "Low" I get a bit of noise at 0 volume. At "High" I get no noise, but at Max volume a lot of tracks aren't playing high enough. What gives?

Also, after an Auto-TCR, my settings are, FL: 20.00ms FR: 20.00ms, RL: 20.00ms, RR: 19.38ms. Does this sound right to everyone? Maxed out TCR? That doesn't seem like it would be correct, and most of the values are the same...

Yeah I've done auto TCR and my measurements were something like yours.maxed and the same distances between drivers.my miss and tweets are right next to each other on the dash and my midbass in the doors.i measured manually with tape and I was surprised that the distances in my car were all pretty close.the maxing of the TCR threw me off tho but could it be because of the subs? Mine are in the trunk and maybe they are delayed that much to blend with the subs? I was very surprised with how it sounded..very centered stage and quality up front bass.ive tried the manual way with tape measure,I can get it centered pretty good but if I don't delay the fronts enough you can tell the subs are in the back
Grindcore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014   #2514
Upgrade Your Membership!

Diyma Ninja

Rep Power: 276 thehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud ofthehatedguy has much to be proud of

What are the types of rear mix you can do?
thehatedguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2014   #2515

Rear Mix basically lets you raise or the rear speaker volume + or - 3 or 6db. I keep it at -6db.
Old 03-24-2014   #2516
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 evikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enough

I am using a W505 with PXA H100 now . If I upgrade to PXA H800 shoud i need to buy RUXC800 or not ? read somewhere that need this to power on H800...

thank
evikins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2014   #2517
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 261 quality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nicequality_sound is just really nice

I don't remember, does the 505 have an Ai-Net connection? If not you'll need the C800.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

quality_sound is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2014   #2518
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 evikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enoughevikins will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality_sound View Post
I don't remember, does the 505 have an Ai-Net connection? If not you'll need the C800.
For sure ... W505 has AI-Net connection

Currently HU W505 is connecting to PXA H100 by this cable
evikins is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2014   #2519

Rep Power: 0 gerry78 will become famous soon enoughgerry78 will become famous soon enoughgerry78 will become famous soon enoughgerry78 will become famous soon enoughgerry78 will become famous soon enoughgerry78 will become famous soon enough

hello
I installed the pxa h800 and have a professional radio f30.
I like listening to euphony but the two-channel input is required.
the problem is that if I use the two front hear the bluetood, but not the reverse alarm and if I use the two rear channels hear the alarm but not the bluetood.
any idea how to fix this?
gerry78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014   #2520
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 into_the_void will become famous soon enoughinto_the_void will become famous soon enoughinto_the_void will become famous soon enoughinto_the_void will become famous soon enoughinto_the_void will become famous soon enoughinto_the_void will become famous soon enough

Newb here...

Hoping you guys can point me in the right direction with this. I didnt see it in the previous 100 pages here and the manual isnt much help for this setup. I need advice on how the system should be hooked up for an active 2 way front stage (no rears) + subwoofer. What are the recommended volume/sub levels on the H800 when setting amp gains?

2014 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab
OEM Head unit
Alpine PDX-V9 5 channel
Focal 165KRX2 components for front stage (active)
Alpine SWR-T12 in ported enclosure

Here's how i currently have it hooked up and the issues im running into:

I cut into the OEM front L&R and rear L&R speaker wires behind the head unit and ran them via RCA to the H800. (I wasnt sure if i needed to do the rears since im only running front stage).
I have three pair RCA's on the H800 output set up for F2way+R+SW (4.2ch system) running to the amp. Im not using Ch5 and Ch6 RCA's coming out of the H800 since im not running rear speakers.
In the software I have the speaker system selected as F2way+R+SW and turned off the rear speakers.

I ran Imprint and Auto TCR successfully, but I notice that the output volume level is noticeably quieter with these running (defeat off) vs. when i switch defeat on. For shits and giggles i tried turning the rear speakers back on and the output volume came back to normal. Of course, this automatically turns Imprint off.

Should i be setting the H800 up for F3way + SW instead? If so, how do i connect 4 pair of RCA's coming out of the H800 to only 3 pair RCA's going into the amp?

Obviously i've never run a processor before and am in need of some help. Thanks in advance guys.
into_the_void is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014   #2521
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 149 kaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enoughkaigoss69 will become famous soon enough

I have been keeping an eye on this thread hoping to come across a review or two, especially in comparison to the MS-8. Maybe I missed it, but I just haven't seen any. The question I would like to have answered is this: Can this unit achieve better results than the MS-8, especially with a center channel installed, provided that the user is not good at tuning by ear? If you think it is better, in what areas?
kaigoss69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2014   #2522
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 143 Bluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enoughBluenote will become famous soon enough

^ same here...

In my music, I'm trying to play the truth of what I am. The reason it's difficult is because I'm changing all the time.

- Charles Mingus
Bluenote is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014   #2523

Rep Power: 69 hykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enough

want to make sure that my pioneer prs 80 does not interfere with the setting of the alpine pxah700 dsp

so I put my pioneer in standard mode, but still the HPF and LPF show frequencies, so will that affect the alpine pxah700 settings

On the pioneer prs 80 I still HPF1 pass, but HPF2 80,

And on the subwoofer LPF2 is 80

How can I cancel the pioneer frequencies points

Can someone tell me what is the ideal way to let the alpine pxa700 control all the sound without any interference from the pioneer prs80

I have hertz 1600 mille comps which is why i am now in standard mode with the pioneer prs80
hykhleif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014   #2524
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 105 jriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enoughjriggs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hykhleif View Post
want to make sure that my pioneer prs 80 does not interfere with the setting of the alpine pxah700 dsp

so I put my pioneer in standard mode, but still the HPF and LPF show frequencies, so will that affect the alpine pxah700 settings

On the pioneer prs 80 I still HPF1 pass, but HPF2 80,

And on the subwoofer LPF2 is 80

How can I cancel the pioneer frequencies points

Can someone tell me what is the ideal way to let the alpine pxa700 control all the sound without any interference from the pioneer prs80

I have hertz 1600 mille comps which is why i am now in standard mode with the pioneer prs80
you got the answer in your other thread.

2013 BMW X5 M Tech. - Audiofrog GB10, Audiofrog GB40, Bavsound Ghost, Scanspeak 32w - Helix P Six DSP, Zapco Z150.2 AP
jriggs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014   #2525

Rep Power: 69 hykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enoughhykhleif will become famous soon enough

just a quick question guys

I am wondering about the setup of the pxa 700 with my speakers hertz mlk2 and arc audio subs

so I have a herts mille mlk2 and its woofer is connected to audison lrx 2.9 and the tweeter to audison 4.1,the arc audio subwoofer is connected to audison lrx 1.1so on the pxa there are front 1 and front 2, rear, ct, subwoofer settings to chose.

so what do i chose for front 1 on pxa, knowing i I put the rca on front 1 of the pxa and left the front 2 rca empty. So in pxa i only chose that front 1 is tw, is that correct and turned off front 2

I read somewhere that I must disable all other speakers not used, is that correct.

Also for a 2 way speakers do I have to setup the 5.1 speakers ( I think not ) on pxa

also in the speaker settings there is a choice for 2 channel or 3 channel what shall I chose for my speakers and subwoofer

also I read that I should adjust the volume, so on my pioneer prs 80 I reach volume 58 out of 62 before i reach the message on the pxa, is that correct or am I doing something wrong

final question auto time correction can I use the mic that came with my pioneer prs 80 cause my pxa 700 does not have a mic

Last edited by hykhleif; 04-15-2014 at 10:17 AM..
hykhleif is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement