Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 12 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011   #276
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 PavelN will become famous soon enoughPavelN will become famous soon enoughPavelN will become famous soon enoughPavelN will become famous soon enoughPavelN will become famous soon enoughPavelN will become famous soon enough

Default re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

jim walter, can H800 be controlled by vehicle hub VPA-B222R? If not, will there soon be a hub that can control it? thank you.
PavelN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2011   #277
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 184 Mic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura about

RUX-C800 pic1 » Alpine Underground
RUX-C800 pic2 » Alpine Underground

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011   #278

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,017 Times in 479 Posts
Rep Power: 26015 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Jim, an additional question:
I assume this unit will have a usb port since it is PC compatible... (or, is it something else like the h900?).... regardless... do you guys plan to allow for future FW upgrades on this particular unit?
I know it could be seen as a 'shoot yourself in the foot' theme from a mfg's standpoint, but it's nice for me to know that a company has the ability to send out upgrades on their products. Even if the upgrade was a minimal fee for new s/w GUI or perks.
There are, however, a few companies that have this ability, though they do not make use of it. Stinks.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2011   #279
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 119 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavelN View Post
jim walter, can H800 be controlled by vehicle hub VPA-B222R? If not, will there soon be a hub that can control it? thank you.
I do not know. I'll confirm that for you. At this time, there are no plans for a new VHUB that I know of
jim walter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011   #280
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 119 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Jim, an additional question:
I assume this unit will have a usb port since it is PC compatible... (or, is it something else like the h900?).... regardless... do you guys plan to allow for future FW upgrades on this particular unit?
I know it could be seen as a 'shoot yourself in the foot' theme from a mfg's standpoint, but it's nice for me to know that a company has the ability to send out upgrades on their products. Even if the upgrade was a minimal fee for new s/w GUI or perks.
There are, however, a few companies that have this ability, though they do not make use of it. Stinks.
The H800 has a USB B connector (the square printer cable style one) and comes with a 5m cable. We chose this connector since this is what we found was the easiest for anyone to get their hands on in a 5m distance (in the event you lose or break your supplied cable, which everyone does).... A few years back, we had to use online vendors to find 5m A-mini A cables when we were doing H650/660/100 installs. Again, we learned from our experience here.

This port is for both tuning (PC Control) as well as FW updates. We will be offering some software updates in the future for this product with certainty. I know .. shocking ... it almost seems like we were listening to you guys for the past few years
Old 01-25-2011   #281

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26015 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim walter View Post
This port is for both tuning (PC Control) as well as FW updates. We will be offering some software updates in the future for this product with certainty. I know .. shocking ... it almost seems like we were listening to you guys for the past few years
took the words outta my mouth.

I agree on the 'B' cables. Everyone has a printer they can steal the cable from.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 01-25-2011   #282
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 NikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enough

Hi boys, already presented myself in the w910 thread.
Jim, how will the RoadEQ work?
I mean, there is the need of a microphone for that, isn't? will it be connected to the same input as the mic used for imprint settings?

Edit: forgot to ask... If I use cda 117 will I have the same controll features as would from w910?
NikitaDrako is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011   #283

Bikinpunk

Jim, the more questions you are, the more I'll keep asking. lol.

Just curious... do you guys foresee the ability to make a tuning app for something like the iphone/itouch or even the ipad? As an owner of the iPad, I'd LOVE the ability to tune with this. The ipad does have a usb out via the camera kit that might work well enough to control the GUI of the h800. Not sure of any other compatibility pitfalls... just something I was wondering.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 01-27-2011   #284
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 CLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enough

Hello Jim & All....

Now I have to put a question in also. Can the H800 handle a digital signal with different attenuation, for us that has an OE headunit with digital 44.1 Pre-out?

thanks.
CLK63DK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011   #285

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLK63DK View Post
Hello Jim & All....

Now I have to put a question in also. Can the H800 handle a digital signal with different attenuation, for us that has an OE headunit with digital 44.1 Pre-out?

thanks.
Are you referring to a MoBridge type digital preamp device for OEM MOST systems? It should work fine since the signal leaving those device is still a standard S/PDIF digital output which is compatible with the H800 and the only difference in them would be that the digital samples would have been divided by a given number in order to bring down the level of each sample equally.

That's why Mobridge calls it a preamp.
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011   #286
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 106 CLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enoughCLK63DK will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3sn4f2 View Post
Are you referring to a MoBridge type digital preamp device for OEM MOST systems? It should work fine since the signal leaving those device is still a standard S/PDIF digital output which is compatible with the H800 and the only difference in them would be that the digital samples would have been divided by a given number in order to bring down the level of each sample equally.

That's why Mobridge calls it a preamp.
Thanks for your reply.

But - yes and no. Not all processors work well with the Mobridge like solutions (eg. the 701), since they cant handle the digital signal when it is at a reduced sound level (16 bit problem), hence my question.
CLK63DK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011   #287
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 s4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enoughs4turn will become famous soon enough

not sure if this has been asked, but can you play audio files via USB to the Proc?

id love to get my hands on a h800, but i think the pricing may be out of my league!

Alpine W505 + h701 | Boston GT 24/40/42 Amps | Boston G5 sub | Scanspeak Fronts | 18w/8531 | 12m/4631G | D2004/6020-00
s4turn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2011   #288

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLK63DK View Post
Thanks for your reply.

But - yes and no. Not all processors work well with the Mobridge like solutions (eg. the 701), since they cant handle the digital signal when it is at a reduced sound level (16 bit problem), hence my question.
Hmmm, good to know, thanks.
Old 01-27-2011   #289
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
Jim, the more questions you are, the more I'll keep asking. lol.

Just curious... do you guys foresee the ability to make a tuning app for something like the iphone/itouch or even the ipad? As an owner of the iPad, I'd LOVE the ability to tune with this. The ipad does have a usb out via the camera kit that might work well enough to control the GUI of the h800. Not sure of any other compatibility pitfalls... just something I was wondering.
I was just talking about this today with Steve and some of the installers ... the real answer to you question is sadly no. We'd love to have it, but since the communication must be done via USB ... it'd be complicated. You'd need to make a dongle that would authenticate with the unit, then received BT or WiFi signals to be controlled via an iPad ... plus you'd need an app.

Anyone with serious programming skills that actually believes they could do this ... PM me, we could pitch it to mgmt here. Chances are slim, but I'd push from my side to try for it.

Jim
Old 01-27-2011   #290
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by s4turn View Post
not sure if this has been asked, but can you play audio files via USB to the Proc?

id love to get my hands on a h800, but i think the pricing may be out of my league!
No sir, that's for USB control via the PC app or updating the firmware of the unit.
Old 01-27-2011   #291
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 305 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim walter View Post
I was just talking about this today with Steve and some of the installers ... the real answer to you question is sadly no. We'd love to have it, but since the communication must be done via USB ... it'd be complicated. You'd need to make a dongle that would authenticate with the unit, then received BT or WiFi signals to be controlled via an iPad ... plus you'd need an app.

Anyone with serious programming skills that actually believes they could do this ... PM me, we could pitch it to mgmt here. Chances are slim, but I'd push from my side to try for it.

Jim
Making a tuning app for iTouch/iPhone/iPad would be really strong point to sell more processor. Being the first one to do it is also a +

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011   #292
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 142 Hoot will become famous soon enoughHoot will become famous soon enoughHoot will become famous soon enoughHoot will become famous soon enoughHoot will become famous soon enoughHoot will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post
Making a tuning app for iTouch/iPhone/iPad would be really strong point to sell more processor. Being the first one to do it is also a +

Kelvin
And Android and even Blackberry, as well.

2001 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro * Pioneer P99 * Audison LRx5.k * HAT L6/L1 Pro R2 * Infinity Beta 12 (sealed enclosure)
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011   #293
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
And Android and even Blackberry, as well.
Completely agree ... I just know its not in the cards on our side right now. Anyone with a solid idea, feel free to pitch it my way. I work in the Product Planning Group here - ie evaluating potential projects, technologies etc etc ... I'd love to hear from someone that thinks they could do this.

Jim
Old 01-28-2011   #294
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 114 xpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enough

Jim,
Thanks for all of your wisdom.
Could you please let us know to what extent the CDA-117 will be able to manipulate the h800 and if you can operate it without the controler?

Thanks for your help,
Gary
xpsvwino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011   #295
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsvwino View Post
manipulate
Hehe
Salad Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2011   #296
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 144 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Dirty focker.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011   #297
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 Brian NS will become famous soon enoughBrian NS will become famous soon enoughBrian NS will become famous soon enoughBrian NS will become famous soon enoughBrian NS will become famous soon enoughBrian NS will become famous soon enough

Holding off picking up a used PXA-H701 until more info on the PXA-H800 comes out.
Brian NS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011   #298

Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian NS View Post
Holding off picking up a used PXA-H701 until more info on the PXA-H800 comes out.
More info?! $hit, If I were you I'd only hold off because it's not available yet.

No comparison between the two IMO.
Old 01-30-2011   #299
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 130 minibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enoughminibox will become famous soon enough

The H-650 was probably the worst car audio purchase I've ever made and, regrettably, soon followed by the second worst, the 9887 imprint combo.
From what I'm reading about this new unit it sounds like Alpine is finally getting it right but forgive me if I'm still a bit skeptical.

minibox is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2011   #300
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 144 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian NS View Post
This is a weird way to handle things IMO. If you need an audio processor now, get a used H701 and do your job until the H800 is out and available, then you'll get all the info you can get. Then you can make the change, without losing any money since I doubt the H701 prices will go down considerably, just because the new processor is out. Besides, the prices on the H701 are very good now.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement