Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 124 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2018   #3076

Rep Power: 32 BillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedfulThink View Post
Hello all!

I connected my H800 (incl. RUX) via AI from HU (IVA D800R at EQ-Mode).
How can I additionally use one of the 3 AuxIns?
Is it possible somehow??
This is E X T R E M E L Y important for us!

many thanks!

Please tell me exactly what you are wanting to input and the rest of your system and perhaps I can better suggest options. CD changer, ipod, dab, TV tuner... everything in your preamp section and then we can see what your options are.. your deck should have a set of rca inputs for an audio video input. You should also have the CD changer optical and ainet port on the h800. The kca-801b is an easy option to add an input if you are limited. Or as others have said the 410 or 400 multi changer hubs... curious if you would be interested in selling one of the multi changer hubs?
BillC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2018   #3077

Rep Power: 0 NeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enough

hello BillC,

thanks, but sorry...
the one and only question is:
How can we additionally use one (or more) of the 3 AUX INs at EQ-Mode?
Plz, no other options... like KCA aso...

Thx!

b.t.w. ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillC View Post
Many of them turn the rca outputs into additional inputs when you switch to eq/ div mode for ainet..
...this is little wrong!
the turned rca outputs into "additional inputs", after switch to eq/ div mode, goes DIRECTLY to the HU-Amps!
You NOT can use it like AUXxx input.

So you can use a PXA without external Amp

Last edited by NeedfulThink; 11-08-2018 at 02:42 PM..
NeedfulThink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2018   #3078

Rep Power: 32 BillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enoughBillC will become famous soon enough

On the h800 the additional inputs are not usable in ainet mode period! You'll have to use a 410c, 400 hub, or a change and a kca-801b... unless your head unit allows other inputs and it is not available in north America. So I have never had cause to read the iva-d800r manual..
The Following User Says Thank You to BillC For This Useful Post:
TryDoingSomethingNew (11-08-2018)

Old 11-08-2018   #3079

Rep Power: 0 TryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Hello TryDoing,
thanks, we know the KCA-410c. We have 2 KCA-400c on spare...
But this is not the problem. And not the solution...
We need one AUX INPUT (why, is a very loooong story...)
So... the one and only question is:
How can we additionally use one (or more) of the 3 AUX INs?
Hello, you're not paying attention to what Bill and I are saying.

a) The KCA-410c is not the same as the KCA-400c.

b) The KCA-410c or using a CD changer adapter (as Bill mentioned) IS the solution

The KCA-410c is an AUX input adapter which provides 2 AUX inputs.

In aftermarket stereo mode (no Ai-Net) you can access the AUX inputs using the RUX controller. However, this function is not accessible when using an Ai-Net head unit.

Therefore the only other way is to disconnect the Ai-Net cable and use the RUX for volume and source input selection, including the AUX inputs.

It you're capable of modifying electronics & wiring, it is also possible to modify the Ai-Net cable and use the stereo analog channels (wired to female RCA jacks) which will allow bypassing the head unit's analog signal and effectively creating an AUX input.

However I probably wouldn't recommend that, given that other options exist.
TryDoingSomethingNew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2018   #3080

Rep Power: 0 NeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enoughNeedfulThink will become famous soon enough

Yes, we know it. thx!

Let me say it by a other way...
We need a AUX INPUT DIRECTLY at the PXA-H800 (at EQ/Div -Mode).

does anyone have a firmware mod or so?

Thx to all!
NeedfulThink is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2018   #3081

Rep Power: 0 TryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enoughTryDoingSomethingNew will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Yes, we know it. thx!

Let me say it by a other way...
We need a AUX INPUT DIRECTLY at the PXA-H800 (at EQ/Div -Mode).

does anyone have a firmware mod or so?

Thx to all!
1. No, there's no way to modify the firmware.

2. You cannot get AUX access any other way.

Please, re-read the responses from Bill and I above.

You have 4 options so far for getting an AUX input. 5 if you add using an analog-to-digital converter to send it via a TOSLINK connection with the head unit in CD mode.

If you absolutely must in only using the built-in AUX inputs, you'll have to disconnect the Ai-Net connection and use the RUX controller.

That's it.

What is the requirement for using ONLY the built-in AUX jacks?
TryDoingSomethingNew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2018   #3082

If you just want another toslink input.. you can get a 2 into 1 optical toslink splitter pure o2o monoprice has a small switching device you could trick it. You mentioned the 5210 with ainet and the additional 2 rca connections.. I believe that is a work around for that unit to have true 5.1 surround??

All I can say is I have been down this road and with an ainet head unit you are actually limited in inputs available on the h800. If we knew exactly what you are trying to do perhaps we can offer a more viable solution that you may have overlooked. Curious.. why are you against the kca-410?? It easily gives you 2 sets of additional stereo inputs that can be selected from the ainet head unit... you could just ditch the ainet deck and use an iPad mini with toslink output, download an FM radio app, a good nav app, and lossless music files.. and use the rux as a stand alone controller.. the h800 has been out for almost 8 years now and I have not heard of anyone hacking or modifying its firmware, another option you may consider is using your stock head unit and a vpa-b2111 ainet hub.. it actually has full control of a pxa-h701 and can be integrated with your stock DVD nav unit and allows rear zone monitors etc... again I ask.. exactly what do you have, and perhaps there is a way to do it through your head unit and existing equipment... this forum is all about sharing information and helping .. but you limit the help you get if you leave out half the system layout. You may have overlooked something simple and easy.
Old 11-08-2018   #3083

Quote:
hello BillC,

thanks, but sorry...
the one and only question is:
Plz, no other options... like KCA aso...

Thx!

b.t.w. ...

...this is little wrong!
the turned rca outputs into "additional inputs", after switch to eq/ div mode, goes DIRECTLY to the HU-Amps!
You NOT can use it like AUXxx input.

So you can use a PXA without external Amp
You are correct it puts the front and rear channels back into the deck. But it doesnt look the processors sub output to the decks sub output.. or you would have no output for subwoofers.. and on some decks the subwoofer output can then be turned on as an auxiliary input on the stereo itself. Each one is different. Some allow the decks subwoofer output to become an input and some do not. At least north American units do.. perhaps the units for Europe with the "R" suffix do not?? And in general the manuals are very vague. Have you spoken to alpine America tech support? They can be helpful at times
Old 11-29-2018   #3084

Rep Power: 0 fcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enough

Hey, folks. I have a question regarding the equalization of my system. I have configured my speakers in 3 active ways and a subwoofer but I don't know if eq can be applied to each channel. (Tweeters, midrange and midbass) independently. I have only been able to apply general equalization to the components as a whole, i.e. take the left side (tw, midrange and midbass) and the same goes for the right side. It cannot be applied separately to each speaker ? Am I doing something wrong ?
fcojav is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2018   #3085
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 92 nadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enoughnadams5755 will become famous soon enough

in the rux, i think you keep highlighting your way through the selected interfaces to get individual interfaces. i remember seeing like "all left" then "all right" then individual channels.

maybe there's a setting to change eq style from input to output

nadams5755 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2018   #3086

Rep Power: 0 fcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enoughfcojav will become famous soon enough

I did it but it's not useful to select by driver independently. Only selects the left channel separately from the right channel (includes midrange and midbass tweeters).

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2018   #3087
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 136 papasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura aboutpapasin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcojav View Post
Hey, folks. I have a question regarding the equalization of my system. I have configured my speakers in 3 active ways and a subwoofer but I don't know if eq can be applied to each channel. (Tweeters, midrange and midbass) independently. I have only been able to apply general equalization to the components as a whole, i.e. take the left side (tw, midrange and midbass) and the same goes for the right side. It cannot be applied separately to each speaker ? Am I doing something wrong ?

Not on here very much anymore but ran into this post.

Anyway, assuming you are using GEQ, the best workaround to do this is to configure the H800 to 2-way, rear, sub(s). Donít set up any sort of PL2 or rear fill processing however.

You would then physically hook up tweeters to ch1-2, midbasses to 3-4, then your midranges to 5-6, sub(s) to 7-8.

What this will allow you have is 31-band separate L/R for ch1-4, 31-band L/R for 5-6, and 10-band L/R 7-8. Since your tweeters and midbasses will be on the upper and lower bands of the 31-bands, there should be enough band separation that you effectively have them far enough apart in their crossover regions that you do not have overlapping bands. With your midranges on Ch5-6, they would have a dedicated 31-band L/R. And subs would have 10-band L/R.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
papasin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2018   #3088

I had thought of this solution but I did not give it credibility as I thought it would be crazy. Hahaha

It is not understood that alpine has not given the 31 eq independently to each driver. What were they thinking?

Thank you very much for confirming what I thought
Old 02-05-2019   #3089
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 120 tonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enoughtonynca will become famous soon enough

Anyone here have one of these for sale with the c800 controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarion NX807, Audison Bit One, Audison Voce 5.1k, Audison Voce Quattro, Scanspeak R3004 1", Focal Utopia 3w2 Be 3", Hybrid Audio L6SE 6.5", Image Dynamics IDQ10v4 10" x2
tonynca is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019   #3090
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
My Garage
Position:
Car Audio

Rep Power: 83 maresgti12 will become famous soon enoughmaresgti12 will become famous soon enoughmaresgti12 will become famous soon enoughmaresgti12 will become famous soon enoughmaresgti12 will become famous soon enoughmaresgti12 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynca View Post
Anyone here have one of these for sale with the c800 controller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do bnib. Pm me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#PJKTMKVii
maresgti12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2019   #3091

[GVIDEO][/GVIDEO]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maresgti12 View Post
I do bnib. Pm me

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I sent pm, also looking for just a brain, don't need rux, but if price is right maybe
Old 03-05-2019   #3092

Quote:
Originally Posted by papasin View Post
Not on here very much anymore but ran into this post.

Anyway, assuming you are using GEQ, the best workaround to do this is to configure the H800 to 2-way, rear, sub(s). Donít set up any sort of PL2 or rear fill processing however.

You would then physically hook up tweeters to ch1-2, midbasses to 3-4, then your midranges to 5-6, sub(s) to 7-8.

What this will allow you have is 31-band separate L/R for ch1-4, 31-band L/R for 5-6, and 10-band L/R 7-8. Since your tweeters and midbasses will be on the upper and lower bands of the 31-bands, there should be enough band separation that you effectively have them far enough apart in their crossover regions that you do not have overlapping bands. With your midranges on Ch5-6, they would have a dedicated 31-band L/R. And subs would have 10-band L/R.

Hope that makes sense and helps.
If you setup as 2 way front with rear fill and stereo subs, it will actually allow 31 band to a set of channels, so if you have a trouble area and need that much eq it is doable, plus by doing so it allows higher line level to that set of drivers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement