Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 16 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2011   #376
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
tpa
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 144 tnbubba is on a distinguished roadtnbubba is on a distinguished roadtnbubba is on a distinguished roadtnbubba is on a distinguished road

Default re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

I take it this new unit is compatible with the "older" alpines with ai-net?

MY FARTS SOUND BETTER THAN YOUR SUB!
tnbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2011   #377

Rep Power: 0 Thrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enough

So would I now be able to walk into an Alpine dealer up here in Toronto Canada and pre-order this unit?
Thrill_House is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011   #378
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 119 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill_House View Post
So would I now be able to walk into an Alpine dealer up here in Toronto Canada and pre-order this unit?
You'd tell your salesman at your authorized dealer and he'd order one through his rep for you, so effectively yes.

if you do this. it'll help you. some sunny day ...
jim walter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2011   #379
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 119 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankrok View Post
Jim , judging from the screen shots, pc software is able to control master volume/balance/sub so should I be excited that it is almost confirmed that a car pc has full control of H800?!?!?!?!?!
Don't know for sure. I know that we just got two new samples and rux's here last night so I'm pitching to let them have me install and test it in my Jeep ... I'll report back w the results ...fingers crossed

Old 02-10-2011   #380
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 139 JDM_Ej will become famous soon enoughJDM_Ej will become famous soon enoughJDM_Ej will become famous soon enoughJDM_Ej will become famous soon enoughJDM_Ej will become famous soon enoughJDM_Ej will become famous soon enough

Send a message via AIM to JDM_Ej

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbubba View Post
I take it this new unit is compatible with the "older" alpines with ai-net?
I could be wrong, but in my (professional) experience, its rarely backwards compatible... It may partially work but probably not 100%.
JDM_Ej is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011   #381
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
tpa
Position:
owner

Rep Power: 144 tnbubba is on a distinguished roadtnbubba is on a distinguished roadtnbubba is on a distinguished roadtnbubba is on a distinguished road

yea i'd like to know as I';m seeling all my head units..
and was going to buy the 305 till I realized the imprint with the 305S wont let me turn a way the way I need!

MY FARTS SOUND BETTER THAN YOUR SUB!
tnbubba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2011   #382
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 NikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enough

we passed thru this about W910, but will cda-117 be able to transfer Ipod's data to h800's dacs?
NikitaDrako is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011   #383
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikitaDrako View Post
we passed thru this about W910, but will cda-117 be able to transfer Ipod's data to h800's dacs?
No. The 117 is analog out, you'd need an HU with digital out. Even then, you'll need uses that output to pass the iPod signal via digital ... Like the W910.

Old 02-11-2011   #384
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnbubba View Post
yea i'd like to know as I';m seeling all my head units..
and was going to buy the 305 till I realized the imprint with the 305S wont let me turn a way the way I need!
The H800 will work with the 305/305S in limited capacity (sound q and audio 100%, but limited control), you'll need an RUX for full control on the go ... or a pc for the first time setup and you'll be good to go with just the deck and processor.

Old 02-11-2011   #385
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 NikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enoughNikitaDrako will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim walter View Post
No. The 117 is analog out, you'd need an HU with digital out. Even then, you'll need uses that output to pass the iPod signal via digital ... Like the W910.
So the only way of deconding ipod @ h800 will be the w910, or any HU with digital (toslink) out would do it?
for an instance, a pioneer DVD with optical output would deliver it to be processed?
I know it's another brand, but w910 won't come for less than U$ 3000.00 here in brazil
NikitaDrako is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011   #386
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 165 SSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enough

Jim,

Will Alpine be offering a single DIN HU with optical out this year? Also, will the control SW on the H800 run on a MAC as well as PC? If so, an IPAD in the car is looking very promising...

Charles
SSSnake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011   #387
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Quote:
So the only way of deconding ipod @ h800 will be the w910, or any HU with digital (toslink) out would do it?
for an instance, a pioneer DVD with optical output would deliver it to be processed?
I know it's another brand, but w910 won't come for less than U$ 3000.00 here in brazil
I don't know how the Pioneer handles digital out for iPod, if it does it at all... so I can't help out with that one.

Old 02-11-2011   #388

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Quote:
for an instance, a pioneer DVD with optical output would deliver it to be processed?I know it's another brand, but w910 won't come for less than U$ 3000.00 here in brazil
Sounds like that will work. Works with the bitone.
t3sn4f2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011   #389
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSnake View Post
Jim,

Will Alpine be offering a single DIN HU with optical out this year? Also, will the control SW on the H800 run on a MAC as well as PC? If so, an IPAD in the car is looking very promising...

Charles
No 1DIN optical here in the US for this year.

No. XP/Vista/Win7 only.
Still, an iPad in the car feeding it via optical input with a RUX for control would be an awesome system ... Being Mac compatible wouldn't affect the iPad integration.

Old 02-11-2011   #390
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3sn4f2 View Post
Sounds like that will work. Works with the bitone.
And there you go. Thanks t3.

Old 02-11-2011   #391

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 0 t3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to allt3sn4f2 is a name known to all

Here's particular Pioneer DVD unit I was talking about. Being used with a large capacity USB hard drive to his bitone.

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/...gital-out.html
Old 02-11-2011   #392
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 165 SSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enough

Thanks Jim.

I was hoping to forgo the RUX and use the IPAD as the control interface. Also, I don't think the IPAD has an optical out.

Hmm, the H-800 may push me back into the Car PC arena.
Old 02-11-2011   #393

Enthusiast

Quote:
Thanks Jim.

I was hoping to forgo the RUX and use the IPAD as the control interface. Also, I don't think the IPAD has an optical out.

No optical out, but there are a number of adapters that will make it happen. All of different qualities, prices, and glitch free functionality.

Best SQ one out now (if there even is a better SQ digital source) is a Cypher Labs "AlgoRhythm Solo"

"Key features include:

•Wolfson Microelectronics™ digital-to-analog converter
•Decryption of the Apple USB output (not a "pass through" of the line-out)
Asynchronous mode USB to SPDIF conversion
•The Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo streams bit-perfect digital audio from Apple iPad™, iPhone® or iPod® devices to headphone amplifiers and powered speakers using Apple USB Audio for superior audio quality
•The Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Solo communicates using Apple’s proprietary iPod Accessory Protocol (iAP) over USB
•Authentication of the accessory to the iPod is performed using the Apple authentication coprocessor
•10 configurable timers and 3 clock chips allow maximum flexibility in controlling digital timing, which means the device produces extremely low jitter - far below human hearing
•1/8” stereo analog output and RCA digital output
•Li-Ion battery - AC switching is totally isolated
•Portable design with short and clean signal paths
•Connects to home and portable headphone amplifiers and DACs
•USB-A docking cable included
•AC adapter and power cable included (international adapters widely available)
•Designed to match in size and audio character with the ALO RxMK II headphone amp
•Available in black or silver. Sounds fantastic!
•Designed and assembled in the USA"

I'd mod it by relocating the Li-Ions batteries to the outside of the case and mounting a mini 12v fan over them, same for the iPad. Don't want those batteries exploding and ruining everything.
Old 02-11-2011   #394

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,017 Times in 479 Posts
Rep Power: 26015 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Quote:
Thanks Jim.

Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit - Apple Store (U.S.)
+
CES00022S1 SIIG CE-S00022-S1 USB SoundWave 7.1 Pro, Virtual 7.1-Channel Surround Sound USB Audio Adapter with Optical S/PDIF Out, RoHS Compliant

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2011   #395
DIYMA 500 Club

T3/Erin,

Thanks for the suggestions. If the Citrix Receiver SW acts as a windows host instead of a termial/desktop interface that might put the IPAD back on my list.

Erin,

Does the SIIG work with an IPAD through the adaptor you listed? The documentation indicates it is a Windows device.

Charles
Old 02-11-2011   #396

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26015 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry. I didn't have time to find a link to anything other than that. I was just suggesting a usb/optical adapter to do the job and grabbed the first link I found. I can test this myself tonight if you'd like, with my turtle beach usb/optical adapter and camera kit.

Time Delay Calculator:
Old 02-11-2011   #397
DIYMA 500 Club

Erin,

Thanks! I didn't know if you first hand experience with this one or not. There are three hurdles for me going IPAD in the Caddie. Driver Information Center functionality would be lost (at least if I can't figure out a work around), there doesn't appear to be a Windows host for IPAD (Citrix Receiver is really a terminal program), and then the least of which is the optical issue. It sure would be nice to have that gorgeous dispaly and all of the the IPAD use interface goodies right smack in the middle of my dash. It would also open up space to do a proper enclosure for the center channel.

Charles
Old 02-11-2011   #398
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 128 darinof will become famous soon enoughdarinof will become famous soon enoughdarinof will become famous soon enoughdarinof will become famous soon enoughdarinof will become famous soon enoughdarinof will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim walter View Post
No 1DIN optical here in the US for this year.
Hi Jim
Is there any Alpine 1din optical that transfer Ipod's data to h800's dacs even if it is sold outside US?

Last edited by darinof; 02-11-2011 at 06:10 PM..
darinof is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2011   #399
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 116 Shazzz will become famous soon enoughShazzz will become famous soon enoughShazzz will become famous soon enoughShazzz will become famous soon enoughShazzz will become famous soon enoughShazzz will become famous soon enough

Forgive the real quick HiJack but while you all are waiting for the H800 will somebody in Japan PLEASE bring me an X088!!! Apparently this HU has the H800 built into it and then some. Damn where's Steve Browns number when you need it?
Shazzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2011   #400

Bikinpunk

Jim, can the software GUI be resized for use on both standard sized displays and net book sized displays? The bit one and zapco software both are a fixed resolution and do not allow for a native fit to net book so the user has to stretch out the net book resolution and then scroll the entire window to see all DSP options. Kind of annoying... Just wondered if you guys allow for the h800 software to all fit within both types of screen reolutions.
Make sense?

Also, you got pm.

Time Delay Calculator:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement