Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 2 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2010   #26

Rep Power: 163 CBRworm will become famous soon enoughCBRworm will become famous soon enoughCBRworm will become famous soon enoughCBRworm will become famous soon enoughCBRworm will become famous soon enoughCBRworm will become famous soon enough

Default re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

It's about time. I've been running my W200/H701 way too long...

'06 G35 6MT W200/H701/iPod
Seas RW165/1, DLS IR1 & JL12W6V2
Helix HXA 400, 500Q, 1000QX
CBRworm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2010   #27
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 142 ChiTownSQ will become famous soon enoughChiTownSQ will become famous soon enoughChiTownSQ will become famous soon enoughChiTownSQ will become famous soon enoughChiTownSQ will become famous soon enoughChiTownSQ will become famous soon enough

Im not getting rid of my 700 and my 701 yet.....

2010 FJ Cruiser!!!
Clarion DRZ-9255 - Morel Elate 9s + 4's - MT23's - Diamond Audio TDX 12 - Massive amps.
ChiTownSQ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010   #28
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic10is View Post
What I heard from some guys who talked to Steve Brown at MERA it really wont be much like the H700/701 at all. Its an upgraded version of Imprint that fixes many of the auto tune features that the original version has. It will have some, but limited ability for the user to make fine adjustments.
Interesting, that is not the impression he gave me at all. He was very apprehensive about divulging any information and everything I wrote was pretty much me saying/asking and him responding. He didn't really volunteer a ton on info. I guess we wont know what it's going to be until it's out or at least announced, so lets just keep our fingers crossed for the picture that was painted to me!!!!!
Salad Fingers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2010   #29
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Withheld
Position:
Former installer

Rep Power: 176 nubz69 will become famous soon enoughnubz69 will become famous soon enoughnubz69 will become famous soon enoughnubz69 will become famous soon enoughnubz69 will become famous soon enoughnubz69 will become famous soon enoughnubz69 will become famous soon enoughnubz69 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toys7505 View Post
Maybe the Bitone and the MS8 have kicked Alpine in the @$$ and are now taking the offensive to produce and put out something to match or rival their competition. I wish Alpine would go back to high quality products like the F1 line or similiar (i.e. CDA-7949 era). If, and when it does come out, hopefully it will be compatible with previous Alpine HU's......
Considering processors account for about 1% of the market I doubt that MS-8 and bit one sales have caused them to come out with something new. I think it may be the fact that the imprint processor, which is great in theory, works poorly in real life.
nubz69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2010   #30
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 185 Mic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salad Fingers View Post
Interesting, that is not the impression he gave me at all. He was very apprehensive about divulging any information and everything I wrote was pretty much me saying/asking and him responding. He didn't really volunteer a ton on info. I guess we wont know what it's going to be until it's out or at least announced, so lets just keep our fingers crossed for the picture that was painted to me!!!!!
I'll put it to you the way I was told by someone who works for another company who has a great processor coming out . hopefully next year.

When a company like Zapco or Arc Audio or any smaller company releases a new product and they get 2000 in sales in a year-thats awesome for them.
A company like ALpine Japan releases a product and they dont get near 2000 in sales a quarter--that means it gets discontinued.

There is virtually no market for processors like the H700/701, P9D9, Bitone etc...in the good ole USA.
that stuff simply doesnt sell bc the average and even above average consumer has no clue on how to tune a car.

but Products like Imprint, and MS8 that can make a big improvement in sound for not a ton of money does have a market.

Another pretty easy way to tell is look at the international websites.
Alpine has nothing on Alpine Japan's website about a new processor even close to the H701.

I had my H700 a full year before it was released in the US bc I had my mom in Japan ship it to me. It had already been out for a half a year in Japan when I got it.

I would be VERY surprised if any Japanese company released a product in the US before releasing it in Japan 1st.

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010   #31
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 115 xpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enough

Check out the PKG-H701s on Alpine Japan's website.
xpsvwino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010   #32
Upgrade Your Membership!

Rep Power: 115 xpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enoughxpsvwino will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsvwino View Post
Check out the PKG-H701s on Alpine Japan's website.
PKG-H701S
xpsvwino is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010   #33
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 185 Mic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura aboutMic10is has a spectacular aura about

huh, apparently my source was wrong...

I dont see a much if any differences between the original and new version

2010 MECA Extreme World champion,
2005 IASCA World Champion Pro 600+
2010 MECA Mike Baylor Sportsmanship Award
2011 MECA SQL Spirit Award
2012 MECA SQL Judge of The Year
2012 IASCA FINALS SQ/INSTALL Judge
2012 USACi Japan Finals Judge
2013 IASCA FINALS IQC Install Judge
Mic10is is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2010   #34
DIYMA 500 Club

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 166 doitor will become famous soon enoughdoitor will become famous soon enoughdoitor will become famous soon enoughdoitor will become famous soon enoughdoitor will become famous soon enoughdoitor will become famous soon enough

Send a message via MSN to doitor

It looks like it's the same piece but that model is for the combo deal (H701 + C701)

PKG-H701's as in Package 701's.

PKG-H701S | マルチメディアマネージャー | ヘッドユニット | ALPINE Japan

PXA-H701 alone.

PXA-H701 | マルチメディアマネージャー | ヘッドユニット | ALPINE Japan

RUX-C701 alone.

RUX-C701 | マルチメディアマネージャー | ヘッドユニット | ALPINE Japan

J.

MKV GTI - Sound system in progress....
doitor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010   #35
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 145 n_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enoughn_olympios will become famous soon enough

Indeed, there's nothing new about that. It's the same ol' unit.

Nick
oısɹǝʌǝɹ :ɐʇɐqoɹd snʇɹıʌ
Now stripped out
n_olympios is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010   #36
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 179 evo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enoughevo9 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpsvwino View Post

Wrong Einstein!
PKG-H701S is the, PXA-H701 & RUX-C701 package together as one. Hence the "PKG". I have a PKG-H701S sitting in my closet for the past 5 months.

Rocking the ELS system in my Tech Package Acura

Last edited by evo9; 11-13-2010 at 11:38 AM..
evo9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-13-2010   #37
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 132 Salad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enoughSalad Fingers will become famous soon enough

Yea, I don't think that is what he was talking about.
Old 01-01-2011   #38
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 109 SneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enoughSneakyCyber will become famous soon enough

Keep an eye on the Alpine USA website there releasing the 2011 preview on January 6th

Sophmore Information Technology
Tiffin, University
IASCA Auto Sound Competitor
SneakyCyber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2011   #39

Rep Power: 155 mmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enoughmmiller will become famous soon enough

yup if they have anything it will be at CES!
mmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #40
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 155 Mirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enoughMirage_Man will become famous soon enough

Bump for any news from CES on this?
Mirage_Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #41
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 121 rakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enoughrakisto will become famous soon enough

come on someone update about CES! haha.. i'm stuck in indiana for work otherwise i'd be all over the alpine exhibit @ CES!
rakisto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #42
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 156 nepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enoughnepl29 will become famous soon enough

keep checking on this link regurlarly Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

2005 BMW 530i- Dynaudio Esotar2 110,430,650,1200s
Brax Matrix MX4s/Ixos/Straightwire
2000 Honda Prelude- Daily Driver..Stock for now.
nepl29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #43
DIYMA 500 Club

My boss is out there right now, but through a little investigative work I've been able to find some fun info. You'll have to read both to learn all that there is to know at this very moment, but we'll have more info soon enough! PXA-H800 has digital in and an independant controller. Here is a bulk of the info...

http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/pu...me&sId=&sInfo=

http://www.virtualpressoffice.com/pu...enuName=Events

...and here is a pic I took from the Mobile Electronics magazine that came in yesterday...

...and the song that came to mind as I'm reading all of this stuff "When the Shit Goes Down", because it appears shit is going down!!!!!!!!!!

[YOUTUBE]YouTube - Cypress Hill - When the Shit Goes Down[/YOUTUBE]
Old 01-06-2011   #44
DIYMA 500 Club

The INA-910 looks like it is going to be freaking sweeeet. Built in bluetooth, built in HD Radio, first unit to work with a yet to be released SiriusXM module that plugs in with one connection, full control of Pandora with album art, digital out to the PXA-H800, and built in "three 4-volt pre-amp outputs, 7-band EQ, time correction, crossover, and a 24-bit Burr-Brown Digital-to-Analog converter"... ALL OUT OF THE BOX!!!!!
Old 01-06-2011   #45
DIYMA 500 Club

Controller part number will be RUX-C800 per this...

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...kUXZIy8FFd9uaw
Old 01-06-2011   #46

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,032 Times in 484 Posts
Rep Power: 26016 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

^ ROAD EQ... finally, their F1 technology seems to be trickling down...

sub'd for further information.

Quote:
The PXA-H800 will be available in April for $699.95 MAP.

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #47
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
^ ROAD EQ... finally, their F1 technology seems to be trickling down...

sub'd for further information.
Fuuuuuuck, in my giddiness I didn't even see that. Damn, I have also been waiting and wondering what happened to that technology. Shit yea, the shit is going down in an even greater way than I had originally thought.
Old 01-06-2011   #48
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 126 badmotorscooter will become famous soon enoughbadmotorscooter will become famous soon enoughbadmotorscooter will become famous soon enoughbadmotorscooter will become famous soon enoughbadmotorscooter will become famous soon enoughbadmotorscooter will become famous soon enough

I will be at the show shortly. If I get a chance to stop by Alpine I will throw some info in this thread.
badmotorscooter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #49

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,032 Times in 484 Posts
Rep Power: 26016 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

The real question is... how long will it take for them to actually have this stuff out on the market? Knowing alpine, we all will have a very long time to save up our money to try the new toys...

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2011   #50
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 beachboy will become famous soon enoughbeachboy will become famous soon enoughbeachboy will become famous soon enoughbeachboy will become famous soon enoughbeachboy will become famous soon enoughbeachboy will become famous soon enough

hear from my dealer in singapore the H800 will be available around april.

waiting to see more spec from H800
beachboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement