Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread - Page 21 - Car Audio | DiyMobileAudio.com | Car Stereo Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2011   #501
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 highly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the rough

Send a message via MSN to highly Send a message via Yahoo to highly

Default re: Alpine PXA-H800 Processor Discussion Thread

:facepalm:

highly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2011   #502
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 168 SSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enoughSSSnake will become famous soon enough

Not so hot Todd.

If the MS-8 was treating me well I wouldn't care. About to RMA. I think I got a dud

I do want to say the customer service has been excellent. Andy has taken quite a bit of time to help.

Last edited by SSSnake; 03-28-2011 at 12:56 PM..
SSSnake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011   #503
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 sidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enough

Well, it seems like according to Alpine Japan's website, the factory is fine. But Japan in general does still have rolling blackouts. The real Alpine issue is their distribution center sounds like it got wiped out by the tsunami (distribution right on the coast for ship loading/etc.)

So, wait and see I guess.
sidewalk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011   #504
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 planbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enough

Most of Alpine's US bound products are not made in Japan anyway!
planbdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011   #505
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 sidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enoughsidewalk will become famous soon enough

I'd imagine a lot of their parts are though? *shrug* Maybe not!
Old 03-28-2011   #506
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 172 highly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the roughhighly is a jewel in the rough

With any luck Jim will chime in with some good news...

Old 03-28-2011   #507
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 121 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by highly View Post
With any luck Jim will chime in with some good news...
I'll chime in, but it isn't with good news ...

We are working through one last issue found in testing. That bug was found on the day of the incident in Japan. As our website/press releases have said, the Iwaki, Japan facility has been closed up until last yesterday. So, before the quake, we had some delays .. and now with it, we expect some more before we get back running.

All that said, we took the cautious route as of last week and have delayed the "official" intro to MERA, where we are planning on doing a full class/training a la Andy and Larry. The MERA crowd (along with you guys) are the exact market for a product like this and we're focusing on a few key intros at that show to make it a strong showing for us.

Sorry to all of those that have PM'd me over the past few weeks, I've been out on the road at our trainings ... and I wasn't really ready to answer the questions about samples/timings/etc etc. This whole situation is a bit of a downer for all of us here, especially those with family back in Northern Japan (not me).

With some good news ...
I have it up and running in my Jeep, and it sounds incredible. ImprintEQ is changed significantly for the better, it is actually louder than my RTA/Ear-tuned setup ... not like Imprint of old where you had to turn the gains way down, etc. I still prefer my own tune, like many of you will, but playing with the post-processing is nice to tailor it to taste. In a non-active 2-way 6.5" front stage, the center image is dead on ... and time correction is excellent. For my tastes (being a front stage only guy), I found that ImprintEQ added a bit more rear fill than I like, but a simple -4dB on that setting takes care of that. Overall balance of the sound is really nice, specifically the bass is much more linear and balanced sounding vs. last-gen.

That's about it .. let me know if you guys have any questions.

Thanks
Jim

if you do this. it'll help you. some sunny day ...
jim walter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011   #508
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 136 chevbowtie22 will become famous soon enoughchevbowtie22 will become famous soon enoughchevbowtie22 will become famous soon enoughchevbowtie22 will become famous soon enoughchevbowtie22 will become famous soon enoughchevbowtie22 will become famous soon enough

How about the 910? Are we looking at delays for that too?
chevbowtie22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011   #509
DIYMA 500 Club

12V Company:
Alpine Electronics
Position:
Sound System Engineering

Rep Power: 121 jim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enoughjim walter will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevbowtie22 View Post
How about the 910? Are we looking at delays for that too?
Im pretty sure we're fine on the W910

if you do this. it'll help you. some sunny day ...
jim walter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011   #510

Bikinpunk

Thanked 1,141 Times in 544 Posts
Rep Power: 26019 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

Send a message via AIM to ErinH

Jim, sorry to hear of the delay. I sent you a pm a couple days ago. If you get a chance, let me know what you think.

Take care.

- Erin

Time Delay Calculator:
http://tracerite.com/calc.html
ErinH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011   #511
DIYMA 500 Club

Jim-

Thank you for your candid honesty about the situation. Though I am sorry to hear that the product will be delayed, I'm certain that we all would rather wait for things to be completely squared away before it gets into everyone's hands. It's good for those of us who have installs in the works whose design decisions may hinge on the H800's availability to know where things stand. Again, thanks!

-Todd

Old 03-31-2011   #512
DIYMA 500 Club

Firmware updates, (woohoo) hopefully this product has a long life cycle planned :-)
Old 03-31-2011   #513
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 wrmathis will become famous soon enoughwrmathis will become famous soon enoughwrmathis will become famous soon enoughwrmathis will become famous soon enoughwrmathis will become famous soon enoughwrmathis will become famous soon enough

Send a message via Yahoo to wrmathis

when is the W910 suppose to be released?
wrmathis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2011   #514
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 0 planbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enoughplanbdc will become famous soon enough

Hey Jim

I am sure you are busy as heck (due to the unfortunate occurrences in japan) but I was wondering if you had and inkling or could hint to the approximate release date of the H800 (hopefully all of those bugs are getting worked out) maybe the H800 will be released at the same time as the w910????

I hate to ask this but I have been pestering my local alpine dealer to no end and they claim they haven't heard anything other than April!

Hopefully you can tell us something!!! We are eager for the release!

Thanks

Last edited by planbdc; 04-04-2011 at 03:13 PM..
planbdc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011   #515
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 rublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enough

Caled my local distributor in Malaysia and was told the H800 will be released here around early May.

There is already details of the H800 at Alpine Asia website:

PXA-H800
rublik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011   #516

Bikinpunk

Rep Power: 26019 ErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond reputeErinH has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping I can get one of these to review and share here and on other sites. I've been itching to write a review on a product for a while and this sucker definitely looks worth the time to pursue. Hopefully we can work something out. Otherwise, I'll be accepting donations to buy one, lol. (j/k)
Old 04-07-2011   #517
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 308 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikinpunk View Post
I'm hoping I can get one of these to review and share here and on other sites. I've been itching to write a review on a product for a while and this sucker definitely looks worth the time to pursue. Hopefully we can work something out. Otherwise, I'll be accepting donations to buy one, lol. (j/k)
Try to get your hands on the Mosconi DSP 6to8 too for a Monster VS

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011   #518

Bikinpunk

^ I've been meaning to contact someone about that, just forgot who it is. I've been busy a lot lately with other projects...
Old 04-07-2011   #519

Rep Power: 0 Thrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rublik View Post
Caled my local distributor in Malaysia and was told the H800 will be released here around early May.

There is already details of the H800 at Alpine Asia website:

PXA-H800
Hey it says on the site that the time correction can be adjusted from 0 - 20ms in 5ms increments, is this correct? If so then that doesnt sound like a very big range, thats only 4 increments by what there saying.
Thrill_House is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011   #520
Upgrade Your Membership!

Enthusiast

Rep Power: 308 subwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond reputesubwoofery has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill_House View Post
Hey it says on the site that the time correction can be adjusted from 0 - 20ms in 5ms increments, is this correct? If so then that doesnt sound like a very big range, thats only 4 increments by what there saying.
? Here's what I read "8 channel auto/manual digital time correction (0 to 20ms, 0.05ms steps)"

You need to put your glasses on mate...

Kelvin

Lycan
Quote:
I'll repeat it for the miliionth time : All amps do NOT sound the same ... It's astonishing to me that nobody understands this
Who knows, some might understand now
and here's another one and another <-- click on the links
subwoofery is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011   #521

Rep Power: 0 Thrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enoughThrill_House will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofery View Post
? Here's what I read "8 channel auto/manual digital time correction (0 to 20ms, 0.05ms steps)"

You need to put your glasses on mate...

Kelvin
Buddy it says right on there and I quote : "Up to 8 channels can be corrected automatically or manually, from 0 to 20ms in 5ms steps." I dont need glasses, Alpine needs to fix there information on the Alpine Asia site.
Thrill_House is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011   #522
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 108 rublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enoughrublik will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrill_House View Post
Buddy it says right on there and I quote : "Up to 8 channels can be corrected automatically or manually, from 0 to 20ms in 5ms steps." I dont need glasses, Alpine needs to fix there information on the Alpine Asia site.
Sorry, but u are wrong. Its clearly indicated at alpine asia website (copy and paste):

8 channel auto/manual digital time correction (0 to 20ms, 0.05ms steps)
Old 04-07-2011   #523
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 114 Petter will become famous soon enoughPetter will become famous soon enoughPetter will become famous soon enoughPetter will become famous soon enoughPetter will become famous soon enoughPetter will become famous soon enough

The Specifications in the ingress states 0.05ms but the Imprint section reads 5ms. Thank god at least the specs are correct.

So Alpine do need to correct the information at the Imprint section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rublik View Post
Sorry, but u are wrong. Its clearly indicated at alpine asia website (copy and paste):

8 channel auto/manual digital time correction (0 to 20ms, 0.05ms steps)
Petter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011   #524
DIYMA 500 Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petter View Post
The Specifications in the ingress states 0.05ms but the Imprint section reads 5ms. Thank god at least the specs are correct.

So Alpine do need to correct the information at the Imprint section.
You r right
Old 04-08-2011   #525
DIYMA 500 Club

Rep Power: 131 Unrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enoughUnrealistic will become famous soon enough

hi.
Don't know if this is mentioned before?,
but the new catalog 2011-2012 is online!
I also found a pricelist from Swiss.
Unrealistic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement